Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

@Dick what is your hang up on the fact I defended a past owner against in some cases over the top personal abuse based on having actually having met the guy and spent time in his company. I never absolved him of full blame, he messed up big time.

I really don't see how the two are linked? Xia has paid lip service but where is the tangible change? Why should he be beyond questioning? 

But yeah it makes you feel better crack on... 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Question for the good Dr... did you buy villa with the true intentions o rebuild the club and make us great again as previously claimed or did you actually just buy the club with the intention to work your way in with council so you were at the forefront of redevelopment of the city ? Because that is the rumour I've been told at a recent football conference. Don't really believe it and I have faith he is a man of his word.. time will  tell.. 

Be interesting though when the accounts are filed how much the dr has put in and how much has been parachute payments etc. 

Exactly where i am , im not convinced by him

Will be interesting to see if his enthusiasm changes. I'm sure he believed he would be a premier league club owner quickly, if it ends up wasting our advantage we had on Bruce we will see what his plans become. 

Have to say, i'm disapointed in him. 

Question for the good Dr... did you buy villa with the true intentions o rebuild the club and make us great again as previously claimed or did you actually just buy the club with the intention to work your way in with council so you were at the forefront of redevelopment of the city ? Because that is the rumour I've been told at a recent football conference. Don't really believe it and I have faith he is a man of his word.. time will  tell.. 

Be interesting though when the accounts are filed how much the dr has put in and how much has been parachute payments etc. 

So of all the clubs, in all the world, in all the cities, he picked us? So he could get in with BCC and redevelop the city? 

It could be true I suppose, but it sounds a bit like ‘if Infowars did sports news’ to me.  

In fairness to Tony he always said that Villa was part of Recon’s plans. I suspect a hugely successful villa would compliment his Birmingham redevelopment plans better than a failing one. Tony must have invested a sizeable amount of cash in fairness - we were a financial blackhole before relegation.

• Like 2

As I said I doubt it is true. However with HS2, the  commonwealth games etc big bucks are on offer to the right developers with the right connections . I really don't care as long as he tries his best to restore us back to the upper reaches of the game. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Will be interesting to see if his enthusiasm changes. I'm sure he believed he would be a premier league club owner quickly, if it ends up wasting our advantage we had on Bruce we will see what his plans become. 

Have to say, i'm disapointed in him. 

My enthusiasm is.:(

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Made two terrible managerial choices, not good enough.

Bruce was a very logical choice given his record and where we were in the league. It dosen't look like it will work out but there you go, Gary Monk didn't work out for Boro and he also seemed a sensible choice.

Next appointment will be tough. Does Xia still cling to promotion at all costs and get a manager who just focuses on results. Or does he say enough and want to get a manager who can rebuild the club from top to bottom and overhaul our playing squad and game. Risk there is we stay in this league for another 3 years so he'd take another financial hit.

I think the one thing Doug Ellis had (and sadly it wasn't money) was connection within the industry.

Lerner and Xia are limited in that and it has affected recruitment at all levels.

Also HDE was hands on every day like him or loathe him the whole organisation knew he was the boss and he didn't suffer fools gladly.....We had discipline, everywhere.

Ron atkinson said annoyingly " He would phone the training ground every day" he was some awful things, but his finger was on the pulse and if he thought things were not progressing......BAM....Bloefeld strikes again.

• Like 1

Bit of both I'd imagine.

He obviously wants us back in the premier league as soon as possible, that would help him save a bit of his money for a start.

I imagine he thought/was told getting out of this league would be easy peasy if you spend 50m +, he did that and he's found it actually isn't.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Tony's gone awfully quite as of late. Don't know what to make of it, but would like him to come out with a firm statement that things will change for the better. Obviously starting with a change of manager.

He said he would be tweeting far less due to his various commitments - villa are a small pie in his oven and failure this season would see him asking serious questions I imagine 

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

this is very interesting point, very interesting indeed and has potential mileage.

without giving sources away can you expand on what football conference this was and who/type of person (ex pro, chairman etc) it was that mentioned this?

57 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Tony's gone awfully quite as of late. Don't know what to make of it, but would like him to come out with a firm statement that things will change for the better. Obviously starting with a change of manager.

Nothing to make of it. He never tweeted, it was always the social media team. 

Fans aren't happy so better they reign it in rather than piss people off even more than necessary. 

On 12/24/2017 at 14:40, thabucks said:

To be honest, this wouldn't be something I could even be angry about.

Smart Business, our success would go in tandem with development anyway!

He is a Chinese Billionaire not a Brummy who won the lottery.

That being said I do believe he has love for the club.

On 12/24/2017 at 15:05, vreitti said:

Well, worryingly it went like this with Lerner.....The General giving it his equivalent on here of Tony's tweets......That soon died a death, when the results and performances were consistently ****

Its a pattern that develops from a shrug of the shoulders as to why we are like this after money being spent.

No one has a divine right to success....but we have a divine right to ask questions.

I understand that when questions are asked answers have to be measured away from de-motivating players......but I still think articulation can be designed to give us an idea of where they think we are going, without damaging anyones career.

I would like to hear Tony's half term report.

Edited by TRO

What I don't get is why we are so shit.

Any other club that goes through the wholesale changes we have will produce something different.

New chairman. New upper-management. New head-scout. New managers. New squad. Give wholesale changes like that to any other team and the outcome would change, but at Villa the outcome remains the same.

How can we still be inconsistent? How can we still turn up for only half a match? Surely with the only ever-presents being the stadium, a few players and the fans then even if we didn't improve we would at least have different shortcomings.

Everything has changed, but everything has somehow stayed the same. We're a broken toy and it wouldn't surprise me if Xia is losing interest.  

• Like 4

Â