Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Think it is more he doesn't give a shit. We are a small investment in his world and i doubt owning a championship club was his dream. 

I don't know why he bought the club, but I very much doubt he wanted to divert his careeer into running a football club, and I'm sure he had no special regard for us before buying.

Maybe something about responding to the Chinese govt's urging to buy football clubs and thinking that would get him some brownie points for other deals domestically.  Maybe something about property development in Brum.  Who knows.

After a lot of grandiose talk about world class ambition, lots of crowd-pleasing PR guff, we are where we are: no discernible strategy, having appointed the former management team of Hull, floating in the limbo of the lower part of the upper half of the second division.

It's a right load of old shite, isn't it?

He came in and stabilised the club. We had no infrastructure and no football executives under Lerner. The hope is now that he has learned enough to know that we aren’t been run progressively while we have old school men in charge. The two most obvious one being the manager and CEO. The first to go needs to be the manager, with the right appointment there is still some hope that the season could be saved. 

If he doesn’t sack Bruce, or sacks him and appoints another old school manager then we have a problem. That problem could well be exacerbated if Keith Wyness continues as CEO in the summer. 

Big and ownership defining times ahead. Can he be the Messiah or Lerner Mk2?

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

. We had no infrastructure

I've seen this comment a few times just lately.

I thought we had one of the better training facilities, a developed scouting network, an academy that was good enough to win competitions.

What exactly is the utter lack of infrastructure that leaves us struggling to compete with the likes of Cardiff, Bristol City,  Middlesbrough and others?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Where are we right now, financially? Is this the last year of parachute payments?

Please understand I am no financial expert, but I think the official accounting term to describe our position is "up shit creek without a paddle".  Maybe some of the accountants on here can confirm my supposition. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, peterms said:

I've seen this comment a few times just lately.

I thought we had one of the better training facilities, a developed scouting network, an academy that was good enough to win competitions.

What exactly is the utter lack of infrastructure that leaves us struggling to compete with the likes of Cardiff, Bristol City,  Middlesbrough and others?

I believe our scouting network was some kid with a copy of football manager tbf.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I believe our scouting network was some kid with a copy of football manager tbf.

More like a guy with a half filled Panini album from the 2010 World Cup

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

But seriously, what did we actually have?

I understood we employed scouts both here and abroad, in about the proportion you would expect of a Premiership club.  Is that not the case?

The only positive thing in the summer is that the wage bill should come down with the likes of Gabby, Terry, Snodgrass and Hutton all likely to be on big money. Assuming that is around £180-200k a week that should be enough to build a competitive championship 1st 11 on if there were some clever free transfers/small money signings made. We have to wait another 18 months to get rid of Richards, Elphick, Jedinak and Whelan.

Â