Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Could you blame them?

Yes and no. To stop going to games I get as it's quite a financial burden. I have to admit I don't go to many games anymore as prefer to watch on tv and find it a lot more affordable.  But to lose all interest in Villa would be a little bit fickle. 

The demise is not the clubs fault. It's down to those in charge. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

So Tony, you have a transfer window to come in a few days.

Do you

1 - spend more money/trade who we have sellable, and put it in the hands of Bruce - basically writing off Hogan and McC‘s (if reports are that it is NOT a ACL injury) transfer fee‘s and wages as dead capital.

or

2 - Sack/compensate Bruce and invest in a new manager who can get the best out of

SJ/JS

Bree Chester RDL Taylor

Lansbury/Onomah Hourihane

Snod/Elmo O‘Hare/Grealish Adomah

Hogan/Davis/Gaby (yes even Gaby)

for a few games untill we can re-group and see who is available on a free/loan

I suggest the only roll of the dice is

Bruce Out

along with Calderwood, Clements, Wyness & Round

Try to Sell/trade - Bunn, Hutton, Elphick, Richards, Elmo, Whelan, Thor, Tish, McC & Gaby

Keeping in mind that if this season has in fact „gone“, we build for the future.

Short-term till a manager is appointed

Brian Little assisted by John Terry

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I suggest the only roll of the dice is

Bruce Out

along with Calderwood, Clements, Wyness & Round

Try to Sell/trade - Bunn, Hutton, Elphick, Richards, Elmo, Whelan, Thor, Tish, McC & Gaby

Keeping in mind that if this season has in fact „gone“, we build for the future.

Really can't imagine anything like that amount of restructuring at this point in the season.

As for building for the future, the main decisions made so far seem to have been with a pretty short-term focus, choosing managers and players for the immediate situation rather than a long-term patient plan.  I don't see that changing.

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

Really can't imagine anything like that amount of restructuring at this point in the season.  

you may well be correct

which may not mean that it wont happen

As for building for the future, the main decisions made so far seem to have been with a pretty short-term focus, choosing managers and players for the immediate situation rather than a long-term patient plan. 

correct

I don't see that changing.

I do, because I don‘t see Tony overseeing the same „way“ as he has now seen 

2 managers underperform

countless signing of players with either no long term future at the club or with any kind of re-sellable value.

Loans of a GK CB and 2 MF‘s will end June 1st and there is a distinct possibility of

Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah & Kodjia

wanting out/PL interest come June 1st

He has no choice if we dont go up

We will be left with

GK JS

RB Bree

LB Taylor (?)

CB‘s Chester (?) Elphick Richards

RW Adomah (?) Elmo (?)

LW Green

DM Whelan Jedi

CM Hourihane (?) Lansbury (?) Thor

AM Grealish McC

CF Kodjia (?) Davis Hogan

(?) possible offers from other clubs

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

Agreed.  But I assume he still thinks we can, and will stick with the current setup until promotion is shown to be impossible.

then we are F****ed.

We might as well change now then

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think alot of them will just give up after this year.

The whole thing is turning into Lerner, Faulkner/Fox MK II.

Owner leaves people to run the club who are outdated and have not got a clue..

2 managers in under the new regime and we still look utter shit and that **** all has changed anywhere and no lessons have obviously been learned.

I think the issue with sacking SB now (given we are still 5th in the league) is perceptions.

Dr Tony sacked RDM after just two months and you can imagine the stick in the press if we sack a manager while still in the play off zone (not bottom half like last season) so Dr Tony would be portrayed as another Cellino etc.

Of course he hasn't got to where he has in business being a shrinking violet so would imagine after the very poor start he wanted to give SB more time or at least the length Di Matteo got and by end of September we were winning.

Only way SB gets sacked before May is if we bomb like we did this time last year and fall out of the top 6.

Looks increasingly like we'll just trundle along, winning a few, losing the odd game and generally looking unconvincing.

Next season will be a big problem I think.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think the issue with sacking SB now (given we are still 5th in the league) is perceptions.

Dr Tony sacked RDM after just two months and you can imagine the stick in the press if we sack a manager while still in the play off zone (not bottom half like last season) so Dr Tony would be portrayed as another Cellino etc.

Of course he hasn't got to where he has in business being a shrinking violet so would imagine after the very poor start he wanted to give SB more time or at least the length Di Matteo got and by end of September we were winning.

Only way SB gets sacked before May is if we bomb like we did this time last year and fall out of the top 6.

Looks increasingly like we'll just trundle along, winning a few, losing the odd game and generally looking unconvincing.

Next season will be a big problem I think.

This is the problem.

It could be sold as

„Quit while you‘re winning“ with Bruce  but it‘s time to step up.

Adkins <-> Pochettino

But then we cant trade like for like (British old school hoof-ist)

We‘d have to go for a „foreigner“ with a reputation for a footbal identity. Someone who looks at the likes of Hutton, Whelan and Jedi and straight away thinks „who else we got then?“ „Oh look who we have here, Snod, Lansbury, Hourihane, Onomah, Grealish, Adomah & Hogan, that’s a start, great! let’s press, win the ball get it on the deck, pass and move“

• Like 1

I think that most Villa fans will agree that the style of football that we play is just not good enough against the better teams and as a result will see us losing more than we win and draw. Bruce's biggest job is to get us beating the teams around us - do that and we will be at least guaranteed a play-off place.

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think that most Villa fans will agree that the style of football that we play is just not good enough against the better teams and as a result will see us losing more than we win and draw. Bruce's biggest job is to get us beating the teams around us - do that and we will be at least guaranteed a play-off place.

I think it was on the FB group with the streams someone said we're one of the slowest teams in the Championship. It's hard to argue with that

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villarocker said:

But we’re not beating the teams around us. Not a single one in the top eight. Not one!!

• Like 3

It looks like Tony is getting what he deserves i'm afraid.

Should have sacked the fool of a manager we have in charge a long time ago but instead it looks like he can now kiss goodbye to all the money he's invested.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

He's just another owner with a load of money, a big mouth and not a scooby doo what he's doing. However, I have noted his lack of stupid tweets in recent times.

Think he’s dropped a huge clanger putting his trust in wyness and round - club is full of  old school  people who are out of touch with the modern game 

• Like 4

Â