Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks for posting that. I love his belief and optimism. Also the fact he has big ambitions and plans for the club. 

But surely it all must rest on us getting promoted this season. I do wonder how disastrous for the club and Tony's plans failure this season would be.

If we don't go up I reckon it's going to be shit next year. As bad as the season we got relegated

48 minutes ago, KHV said:

If we don't go up I reckon it's going to be shit next year. As bad as the season we got relegated

Really?

We will lose a couple, but I would hope that the likes of O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes could step in? Bree? We'd need Grealish to finally step up probably, Green will be back...

We could certainly afford another year out of Terry and Chester. We wouldn't be on full FFP measures and I've a feeling they are already trying to mitigate any potential danger ahead of time. 

We can still take on loans. 

Gabby and hopefully McCormack gone. I imagine the danger isn't as big as some think, personally. 

Not that it would be my dream scenario. It would absolutely be last chance saloon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really?

We will lose a couple, but I would hope that the likes of O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes could step in? Bree? We'd need Grealish to finally step up probably, Green will be back...

We could certainly afford another year out of Terry and Chester. We wouldn't be on full FFP measures and I've a feeling they are already trying to mitigate any potential danger ahead of time. 

Gabby and hopefully McCormack gone. I imagine the danger isn't as big as some think, personally. 

Not that it would be my dream scenario. It would absolutely be last chance saloon.

I see it much the same.

There is nothing certain in life, but so far we have shown some good resillience in our game.

I don't think this new rennaissance is going backwards anytime soon.....i can't say we will go up auto, because we are not halfway through the season....but we have put ourselves in a good position.

there will be setbacks for sure......but i don't see the whole thing falling asunder.

where we was one step forward, three steps back.....i thinks its the other way around now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well RECON do have dealings in Aerospace don't they?

We could have the best entrance music in the world ever made!!!

Edit: Not counting Ride of the Valkyries, but I don't see how we can have a Apocalypse Now themes stadium. Unless we make it to look like Marlon Brando from that movie but I don't think anyone want's that.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

“We have very big plans for Villa Park. We finished a plan in China a few weeks ago. We handed it to the management team here. It’s fair to say they were shocked. 

“It will be something really different from what we can imagine from other clubs.

I think that means more concrete in the North Stand. 

15 hours ago, Junxs said:

I really want to see these plans, anyone got a photo on a pallet? 

I went into Tony's office and they are tucked away in one of those shitty "lucky cats" you can get from China.  These are his main 3 ideas (from what he told me anyway).  

The traffic cone;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:50 AM UTC

Based on our locality to the roads that surround VP.  The white bits around the edges of the cones are seats.  Very striking and they will be covered in LEDs because they are quite cheap now-a-days and they are energy efficient - something close to Tony's heart (he's got a single, red LED in his heart). 

Sausages;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:52 AM UTC

Tony enjoys sausages all the time.  In fact I've met him a lot and he's always sucking on a little sausage.  His idea is about rewarding sausages to the goal scorers.  Also, depending on the way Villa a playing, a DRONE (very futuristic I'm sure you'll agree) will lift the sausage to that end of the stadium.  Cumberland is Tony's fave, for those of you who are wondering.

and finally, 1970s funny people;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:54 AM UTC

He'd put all his favourite 1970s comedians on top of the stands, and make them really big balloons.  When we score, Tony's current favourite balloon will blow up really tall and make the stadium feel really happy and nice for a bit.  Tony is also a big fan of Safebury's (on the Hagley Road), so he named Trinity Road after it and makes the man from the shop his PA so he can sell him sneaky sausages which are out of date, right on the cheap. 

I don't know if there are any more, I'll have to sneak back in to Tony's office because he doesn't know me and would probably consider me a threat.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I went into Tony's office and they are tucked away in one of those shitty "lucky cats" you can get from China.  These are his main 3 ideas (from what he told me anyway).  

The traffic cone;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:50 AM UTC

Based on our locality to the roads that surround VP.  The white bits around the edges of the cones are seats.  Very striking and they will be covered in LEDs because they are quite cheap now-a-days and they are energy efficient - something close to Tony's heart (he's got a single, red LED in his heart). 

Sausages;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:52 AM UTC

Tony enjoys sausages all the time.  In fact I've met him a lot and he's always sucking on a little sausage.  His idea is about rewarding sausages to the goal scorers.  Also, depending on the way Villa a playing, a DRONE (very futuristic I'm sure you'll agree) will lift the sausage to that end of the stadium.  Cumberland is Tony's fave, for those of you who are wondering.

and finally, 1970s funny people;

Uploaded on 29-11-2017 at 11:54 AM UTC

He'd put all his favourite 1970s comedians on top of the stands, and make them really big balloons.  When we score, Tony's current favourite balloon will blow up really tall and make the stadium feel really happy and nice for a bit.  Tony is also a big fan of Safebury's (on the Hagley Road), so he named Trinity Road after it and makes the man from the shop his PA so he can sell him sneaky sausages which are out of date, right on the cheap. 

I don't know if there are any more, I'll have to sneak back in to Tony's office because he doesn't know me and would probably consider me a threat.  

So we’re not filling in the corners then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really?

We got £41 million last season as a parachute payment, this season we get about £30 million and are right on the limit of FFP. Next season our final parachute payment is only £14m so we have to shed £16m from somewhere.

Gabby and McCormack will free up around £4m which leaves another £12m to free up.

I think the danger is bigger than people think and the exodus will be larger than people think.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KHV said:

We got £41 million last season as a parachute payment, this season we get about £30 million and are right on the limit of FFP. Next season our final parachute payment is only £14m so we have to shed £16m from somewhere.

Gabby and McCormack will free up around £4m which leaves another £12m to free up.

I think the danger is bigger than people think and the exodus will be larger than people think.

Agree. If we don't go up this season I think we'll do a Leeds. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

When 'they' say we are on the edge of ffp what do they actually mean? Is there a surplus and if so how much? I've not seen the books. You're also oversimplifying the mechanism a touch. 

I can't quite believe we're 'right on the edge' leaving us in such a massive hole next season, that would be awful mismanagement and I trust them more than that. 

Hutton will be gone too, as will Samba. Flog Hogan? Do we need 7 right backs? There are multiple ways we can shed the money without us becoming a mid table club. 

The glass is either half full or half empty, I guess. 

Â