Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

59 minutes ago, Daweii said:

What I don't get is why we are so shit.

Any other club that goes through the wholesale changes we have will produce something different.

New chairman. New upper-management. New head-scout. New managers. New squad. Give wholesale changes like that to any other team and the outcome would change, but at Villa the outcome remains the same.

How can we still be inconsistent? How can we still turn up for only half a match? Surely with the only ever-presents being the stadium, a few players and the fans then even if we didn't improve we would at least have different shortcomings.

Everything has changed, but everything has somehow stayed the same. We're a broken toy and it wouldn't surprise me if Xia is losing interest.  

Xia is as much of the problem as the others - he’s made bad appointments galore in rdm , Bruce , wyness and round 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Any other club that goes through the wholesale changes we have will produce something different.

New chairman. New upper-management. New head-scout. New managers. New squad. Give wholesale changes like that to any other team and the outcome would change, but at Villa the outcome remains the same.

How can we still be inconsistent? How can we still turn up for only half a match? Surely with the only ever-presents being the stadium, a few players and the fans then even if we didn't improve we would at least have different shortcomings.

Everything has changed, but everything has somehow stayed the same. We're a broken toy and it wouldn't surprise me if Xia is losing interest.  

I think the answer to that is because we filled our head Scouts with journey men scouts who only do the lazy scouting like buying McCormack and hogan without assessing if they would actually work at villa. I’m not saying this in hindsight because i said it when we signed him but McCormack was always going to be a waste of money because he can’t run. 

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think the answer to that is because we filled our head Scouts with journey men scouts who only do the lazy scouting like buying McCormack and hogan without assessing if they would actually work at villa. I’m not saying this in hindsight because i said it when we signed him but McCormack was always going to be a waste of money because he can’t run. 

I totally agree with that. We were very arrogant in our approach to the championship last season in terms of the business we done. It's an old boys club at villa. Outdated. We urgently need to change the way we do things instead of throwing money at everything.  I'd love to know wyness's and head of recruitment department at villa, their level of engagement. In the case of bruce i actually think a director of football at villa would work because i don't trust Bruce to buy players. We are playing a team tonight who we dwarf in terms of size, budget, history but a team who are miles ahead of us in innovation, level of detail and preparation they do when signing players. They have young, motivated hungry people working for them.

The good Dr seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. No tweets for 3 weeks, no even the obligatory “Merry Christmas” tweet. 

Hopefully it means that he is not happy with results and is biting his tongue, rather than saying something he’ll regret.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thejoker said:

The good Dr seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. No tweets for 3 weeks, no even the obligatory “Merry Christmas” tweet. 

Hopefully it means that he is not happy with results and is biting his tongue, rather than saying something he’ll regret.

He said a few weeks ago he would be cutting back on tweeting 

4 hours ago, thejoker said:

Think it is more he doesn't give a shit. We are a small investment in his world and i doubt owning a championship club was his dream. 

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Who can run?

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He does need to but I doubt he will do so - he will fall for the crap fed to him by wyness round and Bruce 

I fear this too but we will see what Tony really wants with us in the next few days.

the thing is, we as a club have made a conscious and deliberate decision not to build for the future - we've instead gone for a pragmatic attempt to get promoted this season - the plan, successful or not, ends in May. 

At the end of the year there will be no more Samba, no more Hutton, no more Terry, no more Jedinak, no more Whelan, no more Snodgrass, no more Johnson, no more Onomah - and most likely no more Bruce. We've sacrificed the more ambitious, longer term club building goals for a pragmatic attempt to go up in this term - somebody at the club believes that there is sufficient evidence that the style of play we're employing is robust enough to survive through the playoffs, Bruce's history indicates that's possible. In the long term and the medium term, that plan isn't going to help us at all, it's strictly 2017-18 and I think this is reflected in our one-season-squad. 

I thought this part of a post by OBE in the Bruce thread is pertinent for this one. If you want to understand why we’re still not a well run football club, this partly explains it right here. We’ve gone for the Premier League or bust approach, in very much the same way Lerner went for Champions League or bust, but I reckon the repercussions of not making our target will be felt a lot sooner. 

We’re going to have a lot of squad rebuilding to do next summer, probably under manager number three, and with very little money with which to do it. 

We are a cluster**** of a football club. It’s not well run at all. Not even close. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

The other thing which has not changed is the habit of appointing the wrong manager. That is another and probably the key constant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I thought this part of a post by OBE in the Bruce thread is pertinent for this one. If you want to understand why we’re still not a well run football club, this partly explains it right here. We’ve gone for the Premier League or bust approach, in very much the same way Lerner went for Champions League or bust, but I reckon the repercussions of not making our target will be felt a lot sooner. 

We’re going to have a lot of squad rebuilding to do next summer, probably under manager number three, and with very little money with which to do it. 

We are a cluster**** of a football club. It’s not well run at all. Not even close. 

So what we need is a manager and staff that has worked miracles with a team on a shoestring budget and made them one of the most young entertaining teams in the league.  

Imagine if he was a lifelong Villa fan too...

Â