Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the point Tommo is making is sacking Bruce after 7 games of a season is acting very swiftly although it may not seem it right now. 

I'm all for sacking him, I've had enough.

But yes 7 games is crazy swift, and I said it last season with RDM too. 

I think he should be gone but what comes next? He's stacked the squad with Bruce type players. Particularly in this last window with Elmo, Snodgrass and Terry (who said he came because of Bruce's recruitment of him.)

Garde came in and there was a revolt from the Sherwood fan bois in the squad and we know how that ended. We could get a fantastic forward thinking, european coach but would he be able to galvanize a very British based, older playing staff?

• Like 2

It really isn't a tough decision. When it isn't working you have to make a change. We've seen enough, we KNOW it isn't working. 

Palace has just let De Boer go, perhaps this will trigger the manager merry-go-round.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It really isn't a tough decision. When it isn't working you have to make a change. We've seen enough, we KNOW it isn't working. 

Palace has just let De Boer go, perhaps this will trigger the manager merry-go-round.

Let's bring in De Boer!

• Like 1

my initial thought was the use of the word 'team' - this to me means the players, not Bruce.

also, it's clear he's not happy from the first line.

hopefully he's already drafting the severance letter to Bruce.

maybe I'm reading more into that than what was intended.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

my initial thought was the use of the word 'team' - this to me means the players, not Bruce.

Sounds to me like he's fell for wyness telling him Bruce is the man :( 

• Sad 1

yeah that's not good. Tony - this is on you, personally I think that's been the case since the horrific debacle that was the Cardiff match, but each subsequent failure is only ruining your own investment. On your head if you lament a failure to go up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I think you're definitely reading way too much into that!

He's aware of the bad atmosphere and the booing and is simply asking everyone to get behind the team, even though things aren't great right now.

• Like 2

Â