Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Complete tosh

Not really.  He arrived to the party,  got his wallet out and everybody loves that guy. We all got giddy last summer, who wouldn't after we endured Lerner.  However, he's been incredibly naive in his decision making so far. He appointed Di Matteo.  Wyness and Round, his appointments look out of their depth. He also said in an interview after he bought the club he was going to be spending lots of time in Birmingham.  That hasn't happened. The appointment of a very competent CEO was crucial given Xia is based in China.  The consortium who bought the baggies left well alone because it was already working well. Xia inherited a mess and it's seemingly no better now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Or he's put total commitment and resources into a sinking ship - doesn't deserve criticism such as "been a disaster for a chairman". But as there are a lot of unhappy folks on here tonight I haven't the desire to be thrown on a bonfire for uttering some sort of balance so off you go goblins, vent away!

I said it was ott, but he has come in and done a lot of wrong (and good, I am just not mentioning that because it has all been said). He saw it as a quick fix, I think. 

Edited by Dick

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Not really.  He arrived to the party,  got his wallet out and everybody loves that guy. We all got giddy last summer, who wouldn't after we endured Lerner.  However, he's been incredibly naive in his decision making so far. He appointed Di Matteo.  Wyness and Round, his appointments look out of their depth. He also said in an interview after he bought the club he was going to be spending lots of time in Birmingham.  That hasn't happened. The appointment of a very competent CEO was crucial given Xia is based in China.  The consortium who bought the baggies left well alone because it was already working well. Xia inherited a mess and it's seemingly no better now.

It is worrying like Lerner Mk.2 :o 

Just now, Dick said:

I said it was ott, but he has come in and done a lot of wrong. He saw it as a quick fix, I think. 

Fair enough, but I'm never going to start criticising the bloke for having got it wrong - the guy is trying as hard as he can - would not swap for any other owner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Fair enough, but I'm never going to start criticising the bloke for having got it wrong - the guy is trying as hard as he can - would not swap for any other owner. 

Man City's, Chelsea's, but that is being picky. He has a big decision to make now, get this wrong and the next appointment and we are going to be a massive drain on his money stuck in this league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Poor appointments, wreckless financial management, ridiculous social media comments. So far he has been a shambles and is leading us to new depths of disaster. 

Nothing good has come out of his tenure so far, nothing at all. There have been no improvements on or off the pitch. 

Yes, there is: hope.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's his failure to admit he's got it wrong that is worrying me .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

Poor appointments, wreckless financial management, ridiculous social media comments. So far he has been a shambles and is leading us to new depths of disaster. 

Nothing good has come out of his tenure so far, nothing at all. There have been no improvements on or off the pitch. 

Disagree 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

It's his failure to admit he's got it wrong that is worrying me .

Well not so, he admitted he'd got RDM wrong, early, and that was his own pick as new owner - much bigger deal than what he has with Bruce, the guy has got to get Wyness and Round on board with the idea or it really is completely back to square one. As much as some folks relish that idea, IMHO it would be insane. 

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

Man City's, Chelsea's, but that is being picky. He has a big decision to make now, get this wrong and the next appointment and we are going to be a massive drain on his money stuck in this league.

Think he has enough money not to worry about how much money Villa drain out of him.

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

Totally unfair.

He provided mega funds to recruit when he arrived; He sacked RDM pretty quick; relied upon a panel of experienced football people to recommend His replacement; He got the manager we all thought would get us promoted; Christmas and Summer transfer windows he appoints everyone we think is needed.

Its not for the want of trying to do the right thing, and making level headed sensible decisions, nor providing sufficient funds.

• Like 3

Just now, thunderball said:

Totally unfair.

He provided mega funds to recruit when he arrived; He sacked RDM pretty quick; relied upon a panel of experienced football people to recommend His replacement; He got the manager we all thought would get us promoted; Christmas and Summer transfer windows he appoints everyone we think is needed.

Its not for the want of trying to do the right thing, and making level headed sensible decisions, nor providing sufficient funds.

This was the lerner defence for a while and it's complete bull shit. 

We're on the verge of breaking FFP to sit in 19th in the championship. I'm struggling to see how that's not currently a disaster.

Â