Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Yep and I'm sick of seeing that Bruce was a good appointment on paper. There are fans on here who called it from the very start (not me admittedly) and they aren't the ones trusted to run the football club. The warning signs were there; various fans called it from day one, so it just doesn't wash that those at the top aren't to blame. They are. 

but those that called it, did they call

• Houllier
  • Lambert
  • Sherwood
  • Garde
  • Di Matteo

because we have been shite for 7/8 years under successive managers and despite spending reasonable amounts of money.....so my question is, is there an underlying problem that is still there?

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

• Houllier
  • Lambert
  • Sherwood
  • Garde
  • Di Matteo

because we have been shite for 7/8 years under successive managers and despite spending reasonable amounts of money.....so my question is, is there an underlying problem that is still there?

You would think so, wouldn't you, but what could it be? EVERYTHING has changed. New owner, new management, new squad, many staff laid off...... The only person who has been there throughout is Gabby. Ah, hold on.....

I think it is more down to s succession of shit decisions and circumstances. 

If Houllier did not pretty much die on us, I think we would have done quiet well, Lambert should have done OK, tactics Tim was just lunacy, Garde was shat on from a great height and RDM was just rubbish.

If we consider ANY of the championships top managers, they would relish the change to manage at this club with this squad. They would not consider it to be too big and scary for them, they would be energized and pumped. Not one of them would stay up all night worrying about losing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

• Houllier
  • Lambert
  • Sherwood
  • Garde
  • Di Matteo

There has to be. New owner full of enthusiasm. We have a manager who has been promoted 4 times. Top championship players cherry picked. Mix of young talent and experienced players. Great stadium to play your football, Plenty of cash spent and we still look bloomig awful! How is that even possible? It's so confusing. It must be a curse. 

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

If we consider ANY of the championships top managers, they would relish the change to manage at this club with this squad. They would not consider it to be too big and scary for them, they would be energized and pumped. Not one of them would stay up all night worrying about losing.

Couldn't agree more. Every manager in this league would crawl through shit to manage us. And nit simply because of the stature of the club, but also the resources available. 

There are teams in this division that were constructed entirely for less money than a bloke we had sat on the bench today. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Different managers different circumstances different reasons.

Simple.

Nothing 'underlying', for me, it's not Narnia !! No magical curse. 

At some point we will appoint the right guy at the right time.

Yeah...I agree with that.....because this is clearly not working.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

Underlying problem is still there. We pay top wages like we are a top football club. We are not, we are a second tier team that pay massive wages to mediocre players or players that are about to hang their boots up. It's about time the big club mentality was dropped. Everyone at the club still talks about how massive we are, even Bruce still mentions it. We are not massive, we are **** shit and have been shit for about 6/7 years. The place is full of over paid pricks, the chairman is delusional and has been since he arrived. The whole thing is a total shit show. People at B6 need to start recognising it's a complete shit show and get their heads out of their arses.

I have difficulty disagreeing with that.....tragically I think that you make a point that is close to the problem

This whole 'some called it from the start' thing, of course there were, every managerial appointment has a chance of going either way and every appointment has some who dont agree with it. Despite what's happening now, Bruce's appointment made sense. It's turned out worse than most could have thought though, there's been zero evolution in the team throughout his tenure. Whoever comes in next, no matter who it is, will have some who thinks it'll be a bad move as well and they will either be proved right or wrong, even though it's half guesswork.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Underlying problem is still there. We pay top wages like we are a top football club. We are not, we are a second tier team that pay massive wages to mediocre players or players that are about to hang their boots up. It's about time the big club mentality was dropped. Everyone at the club still talks about how massive we are, even Bruce still mentions it. We are not massive, we are **** shit and have been shit for about 6/7 years. The place is full of over paid pricks, the chairman is delusional and has been since he arrived. The whole thing is a total shit show. People at B6 need to start recognising it's a complete shit show and get their heads out of their arses.

Lets not forget that charlatan Wyness that will make his money from us then do one. Makes me sick that he is calling the shots. The club is a complete joke! 

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I annoy the shit out of him after every shit game on twitter to be fair.

I expect a pint if the trigger is pulled.

It will surely because of my persistence. :)

Ha you and hundreds other fans. We know he reads them too. Wonder what he's thinking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

This.
We won the league 36 years ago. That was 4/5 generations of footballers ago. That was 5 years before Alex Ferguson took over at Man United and it's been 4 years since he retired. In the 90's we were a upper mid table team and won a couple of league cups. We were falling to bits under Ellis and then Lerner's absolute idiocy landed us here, despite a last hurrah by that charlatan contrite little s^*t O'Neil.

We are an unstable, mid table championship club. We need to build  sensibly for the future so the club actually has a future and no-one who is employed there currently seems to have a scooby-doo how to go about it. It's been a shit-show for decades.

• Sad 1

I actually think Sam would do a great job, not only in taking us up but ensuring we dont come straight back down. Bruce isnt going to take us up - we all realise that now, but before when there was a possibility he might, we would have come straight back down as his record in the top flight really is poor.

• Like 2

Â