Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I actually think Sam would do a great job, not only in taking us up but ensuring we dont come straight back down. Bruce isnt going to take us up - we all realise that now, but before when there was a possibility he might, we would have come straight back down as his record in the top flight really is poor.

Sam till the end of the season at least is a good shout.

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

I actually think Sam would do a great job, not only in taking us up but ensuring we dont come straight back down. Bruce isnt going to take us up - we all realise that now, but before when there was a possibility he might, we would have come straight back down as his record in the top flight really is poor.

I think Sam would do a great job but I don't think he would be interested in it in the slightest . 

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

I am truly convinced that this man has got absolutely no idea what he is doing. 

I'm quickly getting fed up of him. He has overseen two disgraceful managerial appointments. Yes he has put his money where his mouth is in terms of transfers, but he has screwed up the most important thing of all twice, I have no confidence we will replace Bruce with a good manager. He's also not pulling the trigger anywhere near fast enough on this, we are already massively behind. If it was 'too late last season' (in terms of him getting rid of RDM) then he's only going to see us in the same position this season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

You would hope xia has lined up a replacement but I have  little faith in him or wyness. 

The dithering in sacking Bruce suggests a weak leader who has put in his trust in wyness a man who is probably loathe to admit he made a bad decision in backing Bruce , a total mess and millions wasted yet again . 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm quickly getting fed up of him. He has overseen two disgraceful managerial appointments. Yes he has put his money where his mouth is in terms of transfers, but he has screwed up the most important thing of all twice, I have no confidence we will replace Bruce with a good manager. He's also not pulling the trigger anywhere near fast enough on this, we are already massively behind. If it was 'too late last season' (in terms of him getting rid of RDM) then he's only going to see us in the same position this season.

This is a bit too far. I don't see how Bruce was a "disgraceful" appointment. His CV speaks for itself and most of us were happy with the appointment. And he has since backed Bruce a lot in the transfer market. It hasn't worked out but that is not Tony's fault.

He hasn't done much wrong IMO. Yes he can be a bit too vocal on twitter but he is clearly invested the club and I'm sure things will eventually come good under his stewardship. 

• Like 2

Nothing has come good of his stewardship so far because he has failed to get the right manager in. The people he has hired to make these decisions do not have a clue and fail to recognise the requirements of a manager in this day and age, instead they blindly opted for a dinosaur who looked good on paper but the reality is that he did have 'it' for a club of this size, resources and expectation.

Instead of moving swiftly to correct it he is again dithering to the point where we are getting increasingly cut adrift and any new manager instantly has an uphill task. I don't want to see **** emoji's posted on twitter, I want to see both Steven Bruce and all on field 'decision' makers (i.e. those who recommended the last two managers) sacked immediately.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nothing has come good of his stewardship so far because he has failed to get the right manager in. The people he has hired to make these decisions do not have a clue and fail to recognise the requirements of a manager in this day and age, instead they blindly opted for a dinosaur who looked good on paper but the reality is that he did have 'it' for a club of this size, resources and expectation.

Instead of moving swiftly to correct it he is again dithering to the point where we are getting increasingly cut adrift and any new manager instantly has an uphill task. I don't want to see **** emoji's posted on twitter, I want to see both Steven Bruce and all on field 'decision' makers (i.e. those who recommended the last two managers) sacked immediately.

I think any manager getting sacked 7 games into a new season would be seen as extremely swift! Not saying I don't want it to happen as I'd love a new young trendy exciting manager to come in and galvanise us all, just saying I think after Tuesday Bruce will be gone and the football world will condemn us for acting too swiftly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This is a bit too far. I don't see how Bruce was a "disgraceful" appointment. His CV speaks for itself and most of us were happy with the appointment. And he has since backed Bruce a lot in the transfer market. It hasn't worked out but that is not Tony's fault.

He hasn't done much wrong IMO. Yes he can be a bit too vocal on twitter but he is clearly invested the club and I'm sure things will eventually come good under his stewardship. 

Fair comment but xia has to be man enough to accept that Bruce is the wrong man and do something  about it rather than dithering about .

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I think any manager getting sacked 7 games into a new season would be seen as extremely swift! Not saying I don't want it to happen as I'd love a new young trendy exciting manager to come in and galvanise us all, just saying I think after Tuesday Bruce will be gone and the football world will condemn us for acting too swiftly.

His mates in the press will but anyone with half a brain would see it's the right move. That said, I can't wait for the legion of idiots who call themselves pundits to blast the sacking because Bruce has such a good 'record' at the level, despite not actually seeing us play under him.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Couldn't give  toss what the football world thinks - they see Bruce as a nice media friendly bloke with a decent past record - it's about the present .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who cares?

Â