Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

The idea of our owner behaving onTwitter like an ITK  and an opinionated fan does my head in. I can see why he's doing it (rather clunky attempt to get fans back onside with the club) but I wish he wouldn't.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

Tony has rescued the villa, but folks seize upon anything to have a go. He bleeds villa, because that is the club he is going with. Just because you were born in Birmingham gives you no extra ownership over our club that our Tony doesn't have. His twitter strategy is based on good intention yet lots fail to see that too. I only hope he sees villa forums for what they are, a bunch of bored, isolated men who's partners do not listen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

Tony has rescued the villa, but folks seize upon anything to have a go. He bleeds villa, because that is the club he is going with. Just because you were born in Birmingham gives you no extra ownership over our club that our Tony doesn't have. His twitter strategy is based on good intention yet lots fail to see that too. I only hope he sees villa forums for what they are, a bunch of bored, isolated men who's partners do not listen. 

:lol::lol:

oh your serious :rolleyes: 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't want to get in to debating the merits of Bennett's performances for us, but he spent years here, he no doubt has mates in the squad, probably still talks to a few of them, and I imagine they're equally unimpressed with the owner publicly mouthing off about details that are usually confidential.

The Holloway tweets, today's 'liking' a tweet that we need a new keeper. We're 5 games in, I dread to think what this dude is going to be saying publicly after a few more losses. He needs the PR team to filter this shit, he shouldn't be posting things in the heat of the moment, and based on the frequency with which he deletes his posts, he realises this to some degree.

Lets put this to bed once and for all. He's the owner and can therefore has the autonomy to say whatever he wants on twitter and elsewhere. Do you have anyone telling what to do with things that you own? If so, what do you say to people who interfere?...........serious question BTW,!.........its not illegal to talk about something you own, is it?

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Image result for oooh handbag

2 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Lets put this to bed once and for all. He's the owner and can therefore has the autonomy to say whatever he wants on twitter and elsewhere. Do you have anyone telling what to do with things that you own? If so, what do you say to people who interfere?...........serious question BTW,!.........its not illegal to talk about something you own, is it?

It's not an office block, or a car, or a painting.  It's a football club which many people have an emotional investment in.  Someone taking over does not change that.  It's not up to the owner to do whatever they want regardless of the community  and the supporters.

The sooner we change the law and introduce supporter ownership, the better.

In the meantime, let's hope the new owners, whoever they are, don't screw up too much.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well said mate!

10 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Sure he can. But just because he can doesn't mean it's a good idea. When making public statements, large organisations tend to consider the impact of that statement on various stakeholders. For us, the fans, the players, the manager, other teams, potential signings.

Xia doesn't seem to do that in his tweets. There's reason we have a PR team that draft and review every press statement, and there's a reason Xia deletes his tweets with alarming regularity.

If it was as you say - he's the owner, and he can do what he likes - why does he feel the need to delete his tweets so often? He knows he's **** up.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sure he can. But just because he can doesn't mean it's a good idea. When making public statements, large organisations tend to consider the impact of that statement on various stakeholders. For us, the fans, the players, the manager, other teams, potential signings.

Xia doesn't seem to do that in his tweets. There's reason we have a PR team that draft and review every press statement, and there's a reason Xia deletes his tweets with alarming regularity.

If it was as you say - he's the owner, and he can do what he likes - why does he feel the need to delete his tweets so often? He knows he's **** up.

What exactly has he said that's a problem?

Just now, Davkaus said:

If it was as you say, he's the owner, and he can do what he likes, why does he feel the need to delete his tweets so often? He knows he's **** up.

Why undermine a guy who has put serious money into our club with the intention to make us better. Why do that? Because you just don't accept him. Lame. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Why undermine a guy who has put serious money into our club with the intention to make us better. Why do that? Because you just don't accept him. Lame. 

His ownership has generally been a positive in my view, so far.

You can generally have a positive impression of someone, but not believe they're perfect.

Superman's pretty **** cool, but he should work on that kryptonite problem, right?

Just now, Davkaus said:

If it was as you say, he's the owner, and he can do what he likes, why does he feel the need to delete his tweets so often? He knows he's **** up.

But he's almost 40...a grown up man. Its just like everyone else who make mistakes. If he has made mistakes he will learn from them. But as an adult  and owner they are his mistakes to make whatever we think about them! 

1 minute ago, CastleBromVilla said:

What exactly has he said that's a problem?

I'd say 'liking' a post that we need a new goalkeeper isn't going to do our current goalkeeper a world of good. If we haven't signed a new keeper by the next game, I think he's **** up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

But he's almost 40...a grown up man. Its just like everyone else who make mistakes. If he has made mistakes he will learn from them. But as an adult  and owner they are his mistakes to make whatever we think about them! 

Ok. We may as well just shut this site down then, why even talk about anything?

Ayew misses a sitter? **** it, he's a grown up man, we all make mistakes.

May declares war on America. **** it, she's a grown up woman.

We're not the **** UN, I'm not suggesting we impose sanctions, it's a **** fan site, what's your problem with us discussing things people may have done wrong?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Come back Lerner, all is forgiven.

We don't need the £30+ million that Tony has pumped into the playing squad, we can get by with the Bennetts of this world and an owner who proves the theory that there is life after death.

If Bennett wanted to go to Sheffield, we should have supported him, for the sake of his career. 

Get real guys.  Dr Xia has been a breath of fresh air. Lets not knock it, lets just enjoy him doing things his way.  It won't always be the right way but would anyone prefer Lerner's way?

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'd say 'liking' a post that we need a new goalkeeper isn't going to do our current goalkeeper a world of good. If we haven't signed a new keeper by the next game, I think he's **** up.

Admittedly, that's not very helpful.

I don't find myself overly bothered though, we've spent far too long pussy footing around players that don't earn their money.

He is right aswell though. Gollini seems to talk a good game off the field, not short on confidence (based on stuff I've seen on social media) but the opposite on it, needs to start doing his job!

Â