Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

What I was picking up on was the shifting of the point, intentionally or otherwise by yourself in your last post. Where you were stating that one accepted offer doesn't remove all doubts and pointing out that nobody is saying otherwise, so I'm unclear why you felt the need to address a point not being made. I just generally find it unhelpful in a discussion when people counter points that aren't actually being made which is how your post read.

Agreed. It's things like this that make you feel certain posters are just being negative for the sake of being negative. If your opinion on a matter hasn't changed, why keep reiterating it?

• Like 3

I would say the bid has only come at this point due to the sales of gueye and clark. Norwich must be kicking themsleves for not bidding the extra 1-2m. hopefully this is the difference from promotion

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I would say the bid has only come at this point due to the sales of gueye and clark. Norwich must be kicking themsleves for not bidding the extra 1-2m. hopefully this is the difference from promotion

I can understand why people would think that but I'm not buying that myself.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Actually its a fair comment. A few weeks ago it was down to two names and an appointment was close, then it expanded to three names and they hoped it would be done in a couple of weeks. Its now all gone quiet and I for one have been wondering what is going on on this front.

You've made a comment he made a blatant dig on a day when we are signing a £14m player. Has the club said all the statements you've said Or was it paper talk? Wouldn't a technical director be involved in transfer dealings? Maybe with 4 weeks to go it's not the right time to appoint someone new to oversea transfers. I've no idea the specifics of the role but for me it's not the most important thing at this time. I'm sure we'll be looking to fill it but getting the right person is more important than getting it done quickly. 

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Numbers won't escape like someone.

What that mean?

I think it is a dig at one of the two players that have just left. One of them seems to have pledged allegiance to Villa and still wound up leaving.. Xia appears to take that very very personally.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Biggest net spend in championship (IIRC) if/when McCormack goes through.

Cheers Tony, keep it up.

tbf that's heavily skewed by Newcastle getting £25m for Windjammer or whatever his name is and £13m for Townsend

but  that aside

the inevitable Sinclair out = Elphick 

Clark & Gana out = McCormick

leaving Tisbola and the Keeper at £8m for the pair ? with Sanchez , Richards and maybe Vertout , Gabby and Bacuna still to sell ( + Guzan and Zog off the wage bill :clap:) to balance that £8m out

So I don't think we are quite the free spending club that your stat suggests 

on the plus side that still leaves £30m for Bamford , CM , RB and maybe another CB 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You've made a comment he made a blatant dig on a day when we are signing a £14m player. Has the club said all the statements you've said Or was it paper talk? Wouldn't a technical director be involved in transfer dealings? Maybe with 4 weeks to go it's not the right time to appoint someone new to oversea transfers. I've no idea the specifics of the role but for me it's not the most important thing at this time. I'm sure we'll be looking to fill it but getting the right person is more important than getting it done quickly. 

Not really sure I understand your points but will answer each of them.

A dig. Not a clue what you are talking about.

No it wasn't paper talk, it was from Xia and Wyness.

Yes a TD would have involvement in transfers. Not sure what your point is as we've not got one.

I didn't say it was the most important or in any way suggest it was.

Er and yes, obviously.

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf that's heavily skewed by Newcastle getting £25m for Windjammer or whatever his name is and £13m for Townsend

but  that aside

the inevitable Sinclair out = Elphick 

Clark & Gana out = McCormick

leaving Tisbola and the Keeper at £8m for the pair ? with Sanchez , Richards and maybe Vertout , Gabby and Bacuna still to sell ( + Guzan and Zog off the wage bill :clap:) to balance that £8m out

So I don't think we are quite the free spending club that your stat suggests 

on the plus side that still leaves £30m for Bamford , CM , RB and maybe another CB 

Indeed I'm still a bit sceptical as to how much money there is - may be, maybe not that much.  Still too early to say anyway. To be honest I wouldn't care either - all the business you describe is sound business and if we can rebuild at cost or not much more why not ?.......no need at all for him to throw it away if he doesn't need to...but the issue (if we don't have loads to spend) would be partly the disparity between what was said to be the case and the reality; that might suggest other issues that could be important too..and what happens when we like who we have but need to add more.

Plenty of time to assess that and all that flows from it later however, for now the Ins are better than the Outs AND its good we finally seem able to get some fees for some of our players.

• Like 1

why are people even debating why/whether/whereforeartthou this £50m hasnt been spent on new players? I thought FFP meant you could spend that cash injection on infastructure. And we can spend our turnover on the squad? Which surely in the Championship has gone down considerably.

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think it is fairly obvious with anyone not into 9/11 conspiracy theories that we missed out on our main target and therefore bid for McCormack who was plan b.

Why?

What if McCormack was the original main target, we then went for Kodija but Bristol wanted £13m for him, so we went back to our first target seeing as the cost is the same? 

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not really sure I understand your points but will answer each of them.

A dig. Not a clue what you are talking about.

No it wasn't paper talk, it was from Xia and Wyness.

Yes a TD would have involvement in transfers. Not sure what your point is as we've not got one.

I didn't say it was the most important or in any way suggest it was.

Er and yes, obviously.

The OP was clearly stating the fact we haven't got a technical director yet as a dig at Xia. You at least tried to qualify the point. The point about bringing in a technical director now would be him wanting to have an input into a process already underway which with 4 weeks to go could be a hinderance and as I did say it maybe isn't the best time to appoint someone!!! I stated that it wasn't the most important position at present and you never stated a view on this. I did. It's called having an opinion. 

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think it is fairly obvious with anyone not into 9/11 conspiracy theories that we missed out on our main target and therefore bid for McCormack who was plan b.

I would love to know who our main target was.

And if he is actually still a target.

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I think it is a dig at one of the two players that have just left. One of them seems to have pledged allegiance to Villa and still wound up leaving.. Xia appears to take that very very personally.

Clark, I suspect.

McCormack was our initial target then we went for Kodija but didn't want to pay what Bristol City were asking so in the end went back for McCormack. I don't know if that's true, but I believe it's what Alan Nixon has said on the situation.

Â