Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I don't think he's told any 'outright lies'. I certainly haven't said that in any of my posts. 

Anyway, if you think he's purposefully not telling the truth that suggests you think he's lying? Maybe I misunderstood your post?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Anyway, if you think he's purposefully not telling the truth that suggests you think he's lying? Maybe I misunderstood your post?

Perhaps he liked the letters that I carefully chose. I certainly think you did misunderstand.

I think you would have to be a lunatic to think he'd lied. There are a number of reasons why the truth may not be told. Deliberate misdirection - that'd be a lie. Not fully understanding the situation, not being educated as to what's going on, wanting to do things one way but it not turning out like that due to incompetence of people you rely on to carry it out....many reasons why it might not be the truth - ie. what is happening or will happen, and an outright lie which, as I said, at this point of time your would have to be a lunatic to believe was the case.

My point - which I cannot believe I'm having to write out an awful lot of text because of a rather ridiculous sweeping, slightly aggressive aim at me, was that he said a Technical Director would be in before the end of the season - and that could have slipped just like his comment of wanting all players signed in before pre-season.

At least, I hope all players we are signing aren't already in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Regarding all this twitter bickering :

Tony Xia is the future of Owners / chairmen. Move with the times people! 

What, regularly posting and then deleting angry tweets?

Really?

That's the future of football? :wacko:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

What, regularly posting and then deleting angry tweets?

Really?

That's the future of football? :wacko:

Don't know how some of you guys have managed to tackle the interweb with your abacus's :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pilchard said:

He also said that they wanted to sign all the players for the squad before pre-season started.

Sometimes I think he says things he think will please, not the truth.

To be fair I think he said what every owner/Manager says as regards the timing of players.

I do think he'd be better saying nothing though, words from the owner should really be like the nuclear option, I'd prefer to hear from Manager and CExec.

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So clark is off for 5m and Gana is off for 7m, and suddenly we make a 12m bid for McCormack. It seems like we are having to sell to get any funds...

Yes it does, superficially, but could quite easily be unrelated.  I think the only real deduction as to whether that is so can be made by looking at the sum of our business at the close of the window.

Just now, Jareth said:

Depends if you ignore the 12 million also spent on Elphick, Tsh and Gollini. 

And the fact that we didn't want to sell Gueye or Clarke, we really are going around in circles aren't we? It's like people are going into different threads, posting the same crap and hoping for a different response!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And the fact that we didn't want to sell Gueye or Clarke, we really are going around in circles aren't we? It's like people are going into different threads, posting the same crap and hoping for a different response!:rolleyes:

Ok but having releases built into contrats means you couldnt guarantee they wouldnt move last minute anyway. Best get them out now so we know what we need.

Anyway since when did Clarke become one of the unsellables?

Â