Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Struggling to keep up here, so he did tweet the Holloway tweet, but the rest of the dodgy ones were jokes by people using photoshop? 

Apart from the one about snakes 

Liked to me like the one about snakes was genuine but others are claiming (not sure based on what) it was s hoax.

All this just serves to show why (a) Twitter is **** and (b ) why our owner would do well to avoid it as a means for "communicating" with fans.

18 minutes ago, Richard said:

Apart from the one about snakes 

Right, thanks. To be fair, that one did have a bit of a ring to it. 

I often think that life rewards/punishes risk taking in fairly equal measure. Branson was bankrupt a few times, Bill Gates and Zuckerberg dropped out of college, but how many stories where those things happened and the results were that they were penniless and lived in obscurity. What I mean is that I doubt Xia got rich by being cautious, so I guess it's in his nature not to care what people think. Not saying that's the right attitude, just that perhaps it is his attitude. 

15 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I don't know about you lot but this potential McCormack signing has eased my nerves significantly about his legitimacy.

I can almost guarantee you there'll still be some fans saying he's not spent any money and the Clark / gana sales have paid for this 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I don't know about you lot but this potential McCormack signing has eased my nerves significantly about his legitimacy.

For absolute sure. While we all made a decision on what we thought Tony was all about, we were getting to the point where actions needed to be taken and sure enough they have. I am well pleased that Tony has put his money where his mouth was - and now as far as I am concerned he can tell the queen to go f*ck a corgi on twitter if he wants - we are going up!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

err no.  Doubts and concerns are more than just one signing made,  yes no doubt with criticism coming my way,  after sales of players for amount not far short of that we have bid.  It is more than just about one signing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Four singings and approximately £15m net spent with 4 weeks of the window to go. 

Yes but what if our owner was to sell Gabby? That would show a lack of ambition and possibly bring about famine and plagues of locust in B6.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Four singings and approximately £15m net spent with 4 weeks of the window to go.

I'd currently have us top half of the table or there abouts.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

I'd currently have us top half of the table or there abouts.

Likewise. With McCormack, fingers crossed, and a good prevailing wind we might make a push for the playoffs. 

I feel like we've done some good business. It's slooooow progress, but moving in the right direction generally. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Likewise. With McCormack, fingers crossed, and a good prevailing wind we might make a push for the playoffs.

I feel like we've done some good business. It's slooooow progress, but moving in the right direction generally.

Seems like we've addressed/addressing the GK and striker issues from last year. Need a decent play maker now, I'm a bit gutted to see Gil go, the Gil that played in those first few games for us would tear it up in the Championship I'm sure.

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can almost guarantee you there'll still be some fans saying he's not spent any money and the Clark / gana sales have paid for this 

You are correct they have ;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Dave I'm not going to get into it again as to be hinest it is pretty boring at this point.  I'd just hope you could reasonably accept my stance,  and I think the stance of a few others.  One signing does not change things.  I'm not that fickle

• Like 1

Â