Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

what does TD mean?:detect:

TaxiDermist. We're going to have Gabby, Lescott and Richard's heads on the wall as a reminder to any wasters at the club what happens when you cross the Doc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

Yes, there are some media coverage about this. Wanda (Wang Jianlin, who is the most wealthiest businessman in Asia) take over West Brom. Not sure it will happen. Too late to buy a club in August.

But if someone from China will buy a PL club, it no doubt will be Wang Jianlin.

if this indeed happens, I wouldn't be surprised if West Brom become one of the richest clubs with billions of pounds parachute money. 

If one is paranoid one could perhaps see the Chinese buying all of the major clubs in and around Birmingham, merging them and creating Midlands FC - just saying, stranger things have happened.  

Edited by Hughes

2 minutes ago, Hughes said:

If one is paranoid one could perhaps see the Chinese buying all of the major clubs in and around Birmingham, merging them and creating Midlands FC - just saying, stranger things have happened.  

As long as they play in claret and blue, at Villa park and are called Aston Villa then crack on!

• Like 4

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

As long as they play in claret and blue, at Villa park and are called Aston Villa then crack on!

Sure, but that's not what I was saying... more like Midlands FC playing in red at some new stadium called YingYang ground outside of the city of Brum. 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Watching the Tesco bags become the Harrods bags would be, ah... inconvenient.

But their fans will all still have 7 fingers.......

..... On each foot. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. They are and always will be a classless football club.

1 minute ago, Hughes said:

Fail to see how much business sense it makes tbh. Indeed it can only happens if someone is paranoid.

If you are super rich - for example a stake controlling company with trillions of pounds money - you would rather buy all companies (say in retail market) and retain their own brands, so they can work in a coorporative way and possibly dominate the whole market for better profit, rather than merging them into a Retail.LTD (illegal too). 

In the next 10-20 years, it may well be that a few PL clubs are owned by foreign groups, but merging clubs absolutely won't happen, 100%.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Piffle

• Like 1

Little more than ten years back all the West midlands teams were owned by English guys. The Chinese are no more going to merge all the clubs than, Ellis, Hayward and company were.

9 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Sure, but that's not what I was saying... more like Midlands FC playing in red at some new stadium called YingYang ground outside of the city of Brum. 

I know what you were trying to say and fully understand what you may 'worry' about. 

I suggest you/we discussing something realistic/constructive, than this purely illusional, never-going-to-happen stuff.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Little more than ten years back all the West midlands teams were owned by English guys. The Chinese are no more going to merge all the clubs than, Ellis, Hayward and company were.

Well, Doug may think he is all that but the Chinese government he is not... Guys, not saying this will or even is remotely possible to happen but the Chinese government (if they are or somehow will be involved) has a completely different way of thinking than you and me. Mergiung clubs have not happened a lot yet but if you directly or indirectly own a lot of clubs in the same region and they are competing with each other; why not merge them together. I promise, I will now leave this topic... 

The Chinese will benefit from the rivalry between the clubs and the attention that that will provoke in China. In the far east Villa vs Wolves might become their version of El Classico.

• Like 1

Â