Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, dn1982 said:

When does the window close for a technical director? I can't believe we are buying players instead of filling this role. Xia out!! 

The window period is from 1st July 2016 to 1st July 2017. Absolutely shocking that there is just 11 months to go and Xia still hasn't secured one. Xia out! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Dave I'm not going to get into it again as to be hinest it is pretty boring at this point.  I'd just hope you could reasonably accept my stance,  and I think the stance of a few others.  One signing does not change things.  I'm not that fickle

So wrong. One signing can change everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Dave I'm not going to get into it again as to be hinest it is pretty boring at this point.  I'd just hope you could reasonably accept my stance,  and I think the stance of a few others.  One signing does not change things.  I'm not that fickle

Huh?

I can reasonably accept your stance. I just happen to hold a different opinon. Which I then stated without malice. 

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

When does the window close for a technical director? I can't believe we are buying players instead of filling this role. Xia out!! 

Actually its a fair comment. A few weeks ago it was down to two names and an appointment was close, then it expanded to three names and they hoped it would be done in a couple of weeks. Its now all gone quiet and I for one have been wondering what is going on on this front.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

One signing does not change things. 

Out of interest, what does change things? You seem intent on holding position so I'm just intrigued to see what would change it.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Out of interest, what does change things? You seem intent on holding position so I'm just intrigued to see what would change it.

No doubt something intangible and subjective.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

It obviously does change things a little bit. A £14million spend on anyone has been pretty rare for the last few years—we're in the Championship too. 

Er my point is that surely this must change things a little in the right direction. Personally, I still need more players to be satisfied, but the transfer window has loads of time to go and it's the same shit every year 'Why aren't we buying people quick enough'—transfer deals definitely seem more complicated than a lot of fans want. 

EDIT: Forget the fickle, I think you'd be classed as stubborn to say this hasn't changed things even a little bit. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Biggest net spend in championship (IIRC) if/when McCormack goes through.

Cheers Tony, keep it up.

How much have Newcastle spent?

(Genuine question) I know they have done a lot of business but haven't really been paying attention to them.

Just a factor that, if the good Doctor is worth £20bn, at an interest rate of 1% he will be spending something like a month's interest on McCormack. Not to say I am not grateful for McCormack but just putting it into perspective. ;)

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

(Genuine question) I know they have done a lot of business but haven't really been paying attention to them.

Net wise, less than us IIRC

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well it depends - if you want the Sky Sports/The Sun - "How much has YOUR club spent this summer?" figure which is derived from lots of guesswork and taken between two arbitrary dates then they've spent nothing net.

If you want a true figure based on solid numbers, plus knowledge of how each transfer deal is structured and how payments will be made then...

I don't know. 

25 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It's a negative net spend for Newcastle pretty much whichever set of numbers you take.   

58 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

It obviously does change things a little bit. A £14million spend on anyone has been pretty rare for the last few years—we're in the Championship too. 

Er my point is that surely this must change things a little in the right direction. Personally, I still need more players to be satisfied, but the transfer window has loads of time to go and it's the same shit every year 'Why aren't we buying people quick enough'—transfer deals definitely seem more complicated than a lot of fans want. 

EDIT: Forget the fickle, I think you'd be classed as stubborn to say this hasn't changed things even a little bit. 

Well of course some things have changed.  We appear to have had a bid accepted for a striker and if successful may well have improved that aspect of our team. However,  just a few days ago the message on here to me and others was it is too soon  to judge,  you cannot judge Xia on his time here it has been 6 weeks,  you can say whether he will be good or bad for us in that short time,  you have to give him at least until the end of the window before doing that. Now three days and one accepted bid later why should that be any different? Sorry but having a bid accepted for Ross Mccormack does not sudenly remove all the doubts,  and nor should it.

Some doubts are more than just transfer driven doubts ,  as I've said I'm not that fickle

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Well of course some things have changed.  We appear to have had a bid accepted for a striker and if successful may well have improved that aspect of our team. However,  just a few days ago the message on here to me and others was it is too soon  to judge,  you cannot judge Xia on his time here it has been 6 weeks,  you can say whether he will be good or bad for us in that short time,  you have to give him at least until the end of the window before doing that. Now three days and one accepted bid later why should that be any different? Sorry but having a bid accepted for Ross Mccormack does not sudenly remove all the doubts,  and nor should it.

Some doubts are more than just transfer driven doubts ,  as I've said I'm not that fickle

Hang on Richard, you said one signing doesn't change things that was the point being picked up on and questioned. You have now agreed that that is the case.

After that though you seem to be disputing a point which frankly I've not seen anyone make. As you say people yesterday were saying it was too soon to judge good or bad, as far as I can see that is pretty much the outlook today following the McCormack news but generally people probably have a slightly more optimistic outlook because "some things have changed".

I don't think anyone is suggesting that having a bid accepted for McCormack should remove all doubs so I'm not sure why you feel the need to emphasis that point as if that is what people are putting forward. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It's a negative net spend for Newcastle pretty much whichever set of numbers you take.   

So you have got to think that the quality of Newcastles team/squad has dropped/will drop vs last season (unless they have unearthed a couple of gems - although that link doesn't show anyone with that potential), whereas our could only go up (LOL - even if we sold all the players and fielded a team of kittens).

It looks like (on the face of it) they are doing what we did last year with the Benteke and Snake money.

3-4 more decent signings and it could be a very good season.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Hang on Richard, you said one signing doesn't change things that was the point being picked up on and questioned. You have now agreed that that is the case.

Do I honestly need to explain? Seriously?

Obviously SOME thing has changed.  We have had a bid accepted for a striker and we could potentially have a new player. Ergo there could be a change to our playing personnel.

My comment about nothing has changed is in relation to doubts about Xia which stem from the original comment being made this morning which was " I don't know about you lot but this potential McCormack signing has eased my nerves significantly about his legitimacy. "  The point being that for me it has not changed on that score,  hence the nothing has changed comment.

Now " so I'm not sure why you feel the need to emphasis that point as if that is what people are putting forward.  " quite obviously there is a need to emphasise the point so as to be clear on the difference between nothing changing and something changing which you seem confused about.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Do I honestly need to explain? Seriously?

Obviously SOME thing has changed.  We have had a bid accepted for a striker and we could potentially have a new player. Ergo there could be a change to our playing personnel.

My comment about nothing has changed is in relation to doubts about Xia which stem from the original comment being made this morning which was " I don't know about you lot but this potential McCormack signing has eased my nerves significantly about his legitimacy. "  The point being that for me it has not changed on that score,  hence the nothing has changed comment.

Now " so I'm not sure why you feel the need to emphasis that point as if that is what people are putting forward.  " quite obviously there is a need to emphasise the point so as to be clear on the difference between nothing changing and something changing which you seem confused about.

I'm not confused about anything Richard, if anything you are confusing who asked you to clarify your view regarding what if anything had changed, it wasn't me.

What I was picking up on was the shifting of the point, intentionally or otherwise by yourself in your last post. Where you were stating that one accepted offer doesn't remove all doubts and pointing out that nobody is saying otherwise, so I'm unclear why you felt the need to address a point not being made. I just generally find it unhelpful in a discussion when people counter points that aren't actually being made which is how your post read.

I simply referenced the point that was made re something having changed to acknowledge you had actually agreed with the point that was actually being made despite previously posting nothing had changed.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Biggest net spend in championship (IIRC) if/when McCormack goes through.

Cheers Tony, keep it up.

Transfer record for the division too, well for a championship club buying a player that is, second, third, fourth are Andre Gray, Ritchie and Gayle on about 10 mill. Saw a NUFC fan attempt a derogatory tweet earlier accusing us of buying the league - ha ha haaaa. He was right!

• Like 1

Â