Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Predicting/comparing his reactions to a Villa "legend"/ambassador to his reaction towards ungreatful, want away players who deceived them, AND Ian Holloway.

Are you seeing the discrepancy here?

Do you reckon Tony wiki'd Ian Holloway before his tweet just to double check he didn't play for Villa? 

Dr Xia is making a much worse first impression than Lerner did.

When Lerner took over it was quiet confidence, universally approved Manager and real hope for the future. That continued for a few years with decent investment, projects like the Holte Pub and a dignified relationship with the fans who seemed to have some places to go to get the communication they needed. It was only after that it all went to sh*t.

Dr Xia has come in promising the world, slating anybody who doesn't agree with him and, at best, making cringy worthy statements. He has employed a manager that somewhat splits the fan base and has made practically minimal input to the club as a whole or the squad. By the end of the week it's more than likely we will once again be in profit on player sales/purchases.

HOWEVER it's not how you start it's how you finish. He's got off to quite a bad start truth be told but that doesn't mean it's always going to be that way, in exactly the same way Lerner's good start couldn't be maintained. The other problem is that Villa fans are definitely 'once bitten' so are treating any new owner with suspicion, never mind one that has an unknown and relatively secretive background.

Dr Xia has a lot to prove. A lot. But that doesn't mean he's guilty of being a bad owner yet.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skills said:

out Cisse, townsend, wijnaldum, collocini, guiterrez, marveux, obertan and taylor...   with sissoko, tiote, krul and thauvin to shortly follow

in  gamez, gayle, hanley, Ritchie, sels and clark and diame very likely

not too impressive if you ask me

Wonder how they can get all that business done when for us apparently it is not that easy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Wonder how they can get all that business done when for us apparently it is not that easy

But its crap business. Theyve replaced good players with much worse players.

Id rather we signed better players if im honest.

Well I for one am awfully relieved that his behaviour on twitter has given us a convenient distraction from the lack of signings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Well I for one am awfully relieved that his behaviour on twitter has given us a convenient distraction from the lack of signings.

Im sure he is as well

• Like 2

Some completely unrealistic posts on this forum sometimes. 

Dr Tony for me is doing a brilliant job so far, tweets aren't embarrassing, just passionate, it's refreshing! 

I'm sure he has more concerns about the upcoming season then the rest of us and will be doing his upmost in trying to get back to the premier league, he is a business man first and foremost, and there's huge money to be made if Villa are back in the top flight, not just tv money, but the extra revenue and interest it would garner his other business 's, for example the academy in India.

Keep the faith! Stop being a bunch of Holloways. 

• Like 3

I wonder if we'll find out about Sporting / Technical director role in the next few days. Xia said on 21st July 'we will make the final decision from the three candidates before the season' when he was asked about the position.

i wonder if this appointment might give us some insight into his true ambitions.

26 minutes ago, ToonVilla said:

I wonder if we'll find out about Sporting / Technical director role in the next few days. Xia said on 21st July 'we will make the final decision from the three candidates before the season' when he was asked about the position.

i wonder if this appointment might give us some insight into his true ambitions.

He also said that they wanted to sign all the players for the squad before pre-season started.

Sometimes I think he says things he think will please, not the truth.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or that he hopes, rather than it being an outright lie. 

To me that's undoubtedly the case, but it's still feeding the monster.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

He also said that they wanted to sign all the players for the squad before pre-season started.

Sometimes I think he says things he think will please, not the truth.

I just don't get why people have made their minds up. 

Surely he's saying things that he plans to happen or wants to happen. We're all adults. Surely we appreciate things don't always go to plan. To assume he's not telling the truth really shows the opinion you've formed in a short period of time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

To me that's undoubtedly the case, but it's still feeding the monster.

Agreed. He's had a baptism of fire PR wise. I'm hopeful he'll calm down once he settles into the role and as the season takes over. 

That said I don't recall him saying that all signings would be completed before pre season. At all. I'd like to see that quote, preferably in English rather than translated. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get why people have made their minds up. 

Surely he's saying things that he plans to happen or wants to happen. We're all adults. Surely we appreciate things don't always go to plan. To assume he's not telling the truth really shows the opinion you've formed in a short period of time. 

Truth is too strong a word.  I personally don't for a minute believe he is ever lying when he tweets.  As someone who doesn't like his tweets, my criticism if anything is that he is too open and honest.  But there is a naivety there too and it shows in the disparity between what he says and what actually happens.  This will be problematic the larger that this particular body of evidence grows.  If he can't be sure that what he's saying will come to pass then he is doing himself and the club a disservice by saying it in the first place.  This is part of what I mean when I say that he is being borderline unprofessional with what he has been tweeting.

• Like 3

Â