Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, Londonastonvilla said:

How could sacking Bruce have improved our financial position?

He's on a rolling contract so he'll always cost a lot to sack. 

Short term it will always be a big outlay, but in the long run we can't really afford to pay £1.5-3m a year to a manager in the Championship can we?

So plan would be to retain him forever, or do you feel we'll be in a stronger financial position next year under Xia?

We need to start thinking long term, and IMO Bruce is not the manager to rebuild on a budget and develop youth players.

So for me Bruce on a big contract for another year (or more) is a waste of time and money we do not have.

Problem is we also seem to lack the money to sack him. Hence the waiting game for him to walk out or get poached.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By having a manager capable of utilising the expensive squad he had correctly and getting promoted is the one that sticks out for me.

If my mood surrounding Villa was a little more upbeat and lighthearted this would make me chuckle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By having a manager capable of utilising the expensive squad he had correctly and getting promoted is the one that sticks out for me.

Bingo...... 

The crux of the argument for the last season. 

But this is the Xia thread, not the Bruce thread........ So...... Xia out! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

If my mood surrounding Villa was a little more upbeat and lighthearted this would make me chuckle.

still made me chuckle nonetheless

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

More it more it is clear is was not just an accidental missed bill. 

Looks like he will happily see the club struggle and get worse rather than sell. 

tbf I don't think a lot of things are very clear atm.

20 hours ago, sne said:

He's on a rolling contract so he'll always cost a lot to sack. 

That's not entirely true. A rolling contract where the manager always has a year left is designed so that both parties have a fixed amount in writing as compensation for a sacking - it usually relates to that one year salary, which means they're a lot cheaper to sack in the first couple of years of their contract than a manager on a regular contract, but they know they've always got the protection of a year if the club are thinking of letting their contract wind down and letting them go for nothing.

Rolling contracts are about the manager sacrificing a potentially higher compensation fee to always guarantee a minimum. For the most part, I think that makes them cheaper to sack, but impossible to get rid of for nothing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's not entirely true. A rolling contract where the manager always has a year left is designed so that both parties have a fixed amount in writing as compensation for a sacking - it usually relates to that one year salary, which means they're a lot cheaper to sack in the first couple of years of their contract than a manager on a regular contract, but they know they've always got the protection of a year if the club are thinking of letting their contract wind down and letting them go for nothing.

Rolling contracts are about the manager sacrificing a potentially higher compensation fee to always guarantee a minimum. For the most part, I think that makes them cheaper to sack, but impossible to get rid of for nothing.

Yeah, but if the reported figure of £3m is true  (I doubt it) then I'd say it's quite a lot.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Next Tuesday ;)

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I heard Wednesday.

You're both wrong. Look out for a 'day'. I can't reveal my source, or say if it's got anything to do with Aston Villa at all, I'm just passing on a message I heard. Don't question me or make me feel bad for sticking my neck out for telling you this I'm just telling you what I know. Anything that happens that 'day' is thanks to my greatness. Oh, but if nothing happens ever again that's how these things work...things are changing all the time.

#realITK

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2018 at 10:56, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By paying loads of compensation to him and his coaching staff, bringing in a new manager who would need to recruit his own support team at further expense, get to know the squad, try out new formations and tactics, and have a cast iron excuse if results dropped off because it wasn’t his choice and he would need to buy a whole new bunch of players next transfer window.

FTFY

12 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

FTFY - By paying loads of compensation to him and his coaching staff, bringing in a new manager who would need to recruit his own support team at further expense, get to know the squad, try out new formations and tactics, and have a cast iron excuse if results dropped off because it wasn’t his choice and he would need to buy a whole new bunch of players next transfer window.

Ironically, You've pretty much described Bruce's tenure there.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â