Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Also, whilst I think he's correct in his statement about reassessing our ambitions - I think the message can be read as "and you lot banging on about the mad possibility of being in the playoffs isn't helping" and I'm not sure that'll go down very well. 

For me he's saying we're going to cut back as far as we can without not being Aston Villa - I wonder where he draws that line - at what position does the club not properly adhere to its history?

One of the worst parts for me. 

I have read the open letter.....(that's ironical as there is nothing open about the man) I am non the wiser having read it.

just nebulous rhetoric.

I have to be honest though despite the obvious typical lack of information (surrounding his background) from China......I genuinely didn't expect this from the guy.

just goes to show, you can't trust anybody.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Sympathy.  We've been through it all.  I know some of you have said over recent weeks that I'm wrong, and that what happened at Leeds is no guide as to what is happening to Villa.  I'm afraid that its all too familiar and was all too predictable.  Genuinely feel sorry for you guys. Historic clubs shouldn't be wrecked by foreign conmen.

No they shouldn't.....there lies another debate.

The Story I am picking up here is that Samuelson set up this whole deal - probably including the finance and setting up Keith Wyness as the expert to run the club. - Now the money needs repaying - Wyness has gone, Samuelson no where to be seen. Xia with no experience in this field , and not a good business track record anyway - is running the show. 

Basically everything will be sold - until we run out of things to sell. I feel as bad about that statement as I did when the story about the winding up order was issued.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

The Story I am picking up here is that Samuelson set up this whole deal

Yet he's had nothing to do with the club, and especially not at the point we made the decisions that led us here. 

Edited by Jareth

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have read the open letter.....(that's ironical as there is nothing open about the man) I am non the wiser having read it.

just nebulous rhetoric.

I have to be honest though despite the obvious typical lack of information (surrounding his background) from China......I genuinely didn't expect this from the guy.

just goes to show, you can't trust anybody.

Did you ever really trust him ? - for me there were times he was less dodgy than others. He lied to us from day 1 - we never knew how he made his billions (always a red flag) - but he has turned into the worst of all world, Not rich, not clever, and most likely as corrupt as hell.

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I appreciated the letter. Although its all bad news.

I sure am finding it very hard to get excited about a season where our goal is survival in the Championship though . Sigh :(

Our goal is to stay afloat.

• Sad 1

As many others have said were non the wiser really, he is basically answering the rumours in the press. Some right some wrong of course, well looks like were in for a season to remember.....

I had my questions at the start, found it very strange nobody had really heard of him etc. This was clouded by the spending in season 1 of Xia's rule, i am just so pissed off that this is actually happening now. Bye Jack and anybody half decent enough to bring money in. This statement probably puts us in a worst position in some sense as we have confirmed we are f****d to the world.....Lets just hope its not as bad as taking anything we can for whoever we can. 

Looks like Jack's fee is going to go a fair way to sorting the club out... Absolutely gutted.... The one player in recent times who actually looks like he is going to be top level and we have to f**k him off to save the club!!!  Thanks Dr nobhead.... 

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me it's that he's trying to suggest that we're free of debt whilst actually only moving or removing a small part of our debt. It's the suggestion that people will read that and think "no debt" and me wondering what our actual debt position is - if he'd said, "we still have debts, but they're [whatever] but our debts to the banks have been cleared" I'd have been more settled. It feels disingenuous.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yet he's had nothing to do with the club, and especially not at the point we made the decisions that led us here. 

He was involved in the takeover - there's photos of him in VP dressing room, with a shirt with his name on. Samuelson runs a company socfin  who advise and finance the purchase of football clubs - I can see no other link between xia and wyness unless it come through Samuelson.

I can't prove anything but IMO Samuelson set up the deal, provided the finance, installed wyness  as the expert to run the show. His company took a fee for setting the whole thing up - and are now out of the picture.

To me it reads like he's not got a clue what to do.  Is too pig headed to sell. Doesn't know how to resolve the issue. Basically thanks to Dr. T Villa are f###ed.

11 minutes ago, hooter said:

I can't speak for him, but I'll speak for myself.

Growing up in Erdington in the early 80s as my mates went to Rotterdam and I went to Plymouth to get hammered 6-2 wasn't fun, I took a lot of stick, but we're all big boys, and as we all know, once you have a team, you have a team.

I worked at Villa for a couple of years stocking the bars etc, worked Villa home games, used the money to go to Leeds games the week after.

I've loads of mates who support Villa, yes you've had the upper hand for 15 years, yes, I enjoy a giggle back, but here's the rub.

We've seen shit owners on a level you can't begin to imagine, shit criminals who nearly ended our club.

For all I want to get promoted before you, I've no interest in seeing Villa crushed as a club, and be in no **** doubt that is your potential fate as it stands.

As far as it is possible to calculate, you are way deeper in the shit than we were, because we hadn't the leverage that PL money provided you.

I know the poster you quoted, and I honestly think, in a dispassionate fashion, he is telling you to get your heads out of your arses and start to accept the level of trouble you may face.

FWIW my view is you probably need to pray for admin quickly, a friendly if not loaded buyer and a few years to re-build.

If this Xia fella hangs around the hole only gets bigger. We tried all sorts to unsettle the words removed who owned us, opinion is divided how much effect it had, but it is better than doing nowt, right ?

To me at least, and I'm sure to most others, it's clear we are DEEP in the shit. How Leeds fans descending on us like carrion will help, I'm not really sure.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Which is your prerogative.

As a poster I enjoy and appreciate them, as a Moderator I'm happy that they're within our guidelines.

I wasn't trying to moderate and wouldn't expect their posts to be removed. I'm probably being oversensitive, but it feels all too much like picking over a corpse.

Â