Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

So I know Xia has gone silent and shits hit the fan but do we actually know the real situation? 

Like everyones hating on Xia but maybe he is working his arse off somewhere and will come good? 

sure he would have smugly tweeted that it was all great with some emojis

For some reason I havent lost the plot yet.  Nothing has happened playing wise aside from the loan players have gone.  I'm sure when the sh*t hits the fan I will be a broken person but I'm still clinging to some hope that Xia has something planned and everybody has jumped the gun. 

Foolish I know....

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For some reason I havent lost the plot yet.  Nothing has happened playing wise aside from the loan players have gone.  I'm sure when the sh*t hits the fan I will be a broken person but I'm still clinging to some hope that Xia has something planned and everybody has jumped the gun. 

Foolish I know....

Xia's plans aren't the problem - its the implementation or lack of it. 

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So I know Xia has gone silent and shits hit the fan but do we actually know the real situation? 

Like everyones hating on Xia but maybe he is working his arse off somewhere and will come good? 

Part of being a leader is not working silently and delivering a "big reveal", but being brave, open and inspiring to those you are charged with leading.

Yet again we are a club in dire need of leadership and, just like Lerner before him, Xia is cowering behind a rock in a far-off land.

• Like 1

One thing that I'm struggling to get to grips with, is that if the figures are as bad as many of the reports have made out (ie: a £4m-£5m deficit every month), then why aren't we flogging off a load of our players already?

We have a fairly big squad, with plenty of players that could easily be sold for £2-3m, so why aren't we seeing any movement?

If we genuinely have no money at all, to the point that we're needing fresh investment or loans every month, then surely the next concern will be that we can't afford to pay players and staff wages, at which point administration and further fines become a real threat.

The club must know how much is in the coffers, and how much is due to be paid in each month, so why are we not seeing the firesale that we all predicted?

Is it that the monthly deficit was exaggerated? Maybe we do have that deficit but Xia has told the club to not sell any players while he's looking for investment/ or while this apparant takeover is going on? Maybe that rumoured loan a few weeks back was real? Or maybe it's just the case that there is no-one in charge to agree transfers. That last one, I can't imagine being the case. Even in our current situation, we'd surely have someone at the top that could say "Transfer list him, him, him and him. Offer him, him, him & him to the following clubs" etc.

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

One thing that I'm struggling to get to grips with, is that if the figures are as bad as many of the reports have made out (ie: a £4m-£5m deficit every month), then why aren't we flogging off a load of our players already?

We have a fairly big squad, with plenty of players that could easily be sold for £2-3m, so why aren't we seeing any movement?

If we genuinely have no money at all, to the point that we're needing fresh investment or loans every month, then surely the next concern will be that we can't afford to pay players and staff wages, at which point administration and further fines become a real threat.

The club must know how much is in the coffers, and how much is due to be paid in each month, so why are we not seeing the firesale that we all predicted?

Is it that the monthly deficit was exaggerated? Maybe we do have that deficit but Xia has told the club to not sell any players while he's looking for investment/ or while this apparant takeover is going on? Maybe that rumoured loan a few weeks back was real? Or maybe it's just the case that there is no-one in charge to agree transfers. That last one, I can't imagine being the case. Even in our current situation, we'd surely have someone at the top that could say "Transfer list him, him, him and him. Offer him, him, him & him to the following clubs" etc.

Maybe there have been bids but there's nobody there to check the emails or answer the phone calls? ??

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Why are we also relaying the pitch, advertising for vacancies (general staffing), arranging pre-season fixtures etc etc.

I'm sure there's some bad news round the corner but we seem to be some way off 'going under' right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Maybe there have been bids but there's nobody there to check the emails or answer the phone calls? ??

Maybe they leave the phone ringing just to be certain that the BT bill has been paid

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why are we also relaying the pitch, advertising for vacancies (general staffing), arranging pre-season fixtures etc etc.

I'm sure there's some bad news round the corner but we seem to be some way off 'going under' right now.

Exactly. I'm sure relaying a pitch doesn't cost multi-millions, but equally it's not going to be a cheap job, and if things are as bad as reported then you'd think something like that could be cancelled.

I wonder whether that monthly shortfall was due to it being the off-season. Maybe standard league and TV money stops around this time? I don't know, that's a random guess, and probably wrong.

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

plenty of players that could easily be sold for £2-3m

I am sure the true state of the finances are somewhere in between all is rosy and losing £5m per months.  However they are definitely bad and FFP will be a major issue for us.

I would question the above comment.  We have a lot of virtually worthless players who earn relatively little.  Outside of that we have players we have paid lots of money for who are on very large wages which no one else is prepared to pay so we cannot shift them.   We also have players who are worth nothing but still have large values in our books so selling them for a couple of million would actually cause large accounting losses exasperating the situation

We may have one or two who could be moved on for those kind of sums but definitely not plenty of them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Could it be that other clubs know that we are desperate for cash now so are waiting for a few weeks when we will be even more desperate and therefore forced to accept their derisory bids? My preference is for one or more of the reasons that you have suggested in your last paragraph to be the reason. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am sure the true state of the finances are somewhere in between all is rosy and losing £5m per months.  However they are definitely bad and FFP will be a major issue for us.

I would question the above comment.  We have a lot of virtually worthless players who earn relatively little.  Outside of that we have players we have paid lots of money for who are on very large wages which no one else is prepared to pay so we cannot shift them.   We also have players who are worth nothing but still have large values in our books so selling them for a couple of million would actually cause large accounting losses exasperating the situation

We may have one or two who could be moved on for those kind of sums but definitely not plenty of them.

I stand by that comment. I'd say that the following players could command  £250k-£1m: Elphick, De Laet, Whelan & Gardner. The next lot could fetch £1m-3m: Taylor, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Bree, Lansbury & Tshibola. The next lot could fetch £3m-£5m: Hourihane, Bjarnason & Adomah. Then you have the ones that could bring in upwards of £5m: Green, Davis, Chester, Kodjia, Hogan & Grealish.

Obviously this is subject to clubs wanting to pay that amount, and wanting to pay their wages, and obviously I'm not saying we'd sell them all because we need a few players at least. :P

As for causing large accounting losses, that's the better option if the other is not being able to pay bills, wages and facing the consequences.

You cant just sell players because you need to. They have contracts that they are unlikely to better elsewhere and you need other clubs to be interested. 

As we know to well you cant force a player out when they want to run down their contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

That Deliser123 posted a while back - that Xia had some sort of promise of a loan of £50m to keep us going for 2 years. Whilst that isn't great news, it does prevent us from having to sell players to meet very short term expenses. When the story about the winding up order broke IMO a few clubs thought they would be able to pick up our players on the cheap. The First sale we make will be important - if we sell JG for £9m - clubs are going to think 'villa are desperate - offer them £3m for chester'  etc - if we can function normally then that effect is reduced.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Well, it could be the best case scenario. But it could be.....very little transfer activity ever happens when the World Cup is on, there is nobody with authority to carry out transfers, other Clubs are waiting to see what happens to us, and so on.

Its my view that we’ve nobody at the Club left to do important stuff like transfers. As for the pitch, who knows ? I mean, now they’ve started, they have to prioritise it, but we’ve no idea of the terms.... maybe we’ve found a gullible contractor, maybe we’ve offered way over the odds if they accept payment next year .... who knows ?

Edit - away friendly tickets are On Sale ! We are alive !

edit...forgot to mention, it could be the case that transfers have been embargoed as well....not saying it’s likely, but if we are skint, it’s possible.

Edited by terrytini
Away tickets

i dont understand that people dont understand that we are in the mire

wake up and smell the coffee. until Dr Charlatan sells us we are drifting along aimlessly. 

We have not got the proverbial pot to piss in....ffs Johnstone goes to Tesco Baggies for 6.5 mill....these days that transfer fee is peanuts

9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i dont understand that people dont understand that we are in the mire

wake up and smell the coffee. until Dr Charlatan sells us we are drifting along aimlessly. 

We have not got the proverbial pot to piss in....ffs Johnstone goes to Tesco Baggies for 6.5 mill....these days that transfer fee is peanuts

And that is exactly the mentality that has got us into this position.

Not saying we are not in trouble because we clearly are - but the attitude of 6.5m being peanuts for a Championship keeper with 1 year left on his contract who is not wanted by his current club just shows everything that is wrong with football. This is how clubs end up broke - it is going to get harder and harder for championship clubs to compete with those dropping out of the prem with parachute payments! 

• Like 1

I think the most likely explanation is that we are (hopefully deep) in negotiations for takeover / significant investment and while that is ongoing we can't impact the club assets.  Hence a freeze on incoming and outgoing.  The last reported offer suggested hanging onto Jack unless a £40m bid came in was part of it.  Again hopefully we have enough short term cash to function through the selling process and after that will have an idea of what we can /can't do in the remainder of the window (if there's any of it left!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Because we could be about to be taken over?....like imminently maybe (hopefully)?

New prospective owners may be able to plug the cashflow problems so as to avoid a firesale.

Sure, players will go this summer....but perhaps (hopefully) a new owner with a new vision and a sensible plan can avoid us having to get rid of everyone?

If there are ongoing talks, like proper advanced talks then surely player sales/purchases would be on hold until it all went through?

Edited by ViewFromT2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Exactly. I'm sure relaying a pitch doesn't cost multi-millions, but equally it's not going to be a cheap job, and if things are as bad as reported then you'd think something like that could be cancelled.

I wonder whether that monthly shortfall was due to it being the off-season. Maybe standard league and TV money stops around this time? I don't know, that's a random guess, and probably wrong.

It could all have been Wyness' fault too for all we know, I mean, if we're working off confirmed facts (and not the message board rumour mill) that would look to be the most likely outcome, given that he's been sacked and was the CEO.

Many many possibilities, if it turns out that Xia was relatively innocent then a lot of people will look a bit silly.

I don't personally think this will be the outcome but until facts are confirmed it's possible.

• Like 2

Â