Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 03/07/2018 at 14:43, lapal_fan said:

There was a time before I were married, I met and sat by my current wife on the bus, and he just stood up for no reason and wouldn't go back down for the whole journey - very embarrassing to say the least.

?

I guess you call that.....Love at first sight.

from her point of view.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We as fans to need to be putting more pressure on xia to sell up. We are a complete shit feat at the moment.

But do what Dem? What actually can we, as fans do to make him sell up? No amount of Twitter and Facebook jibber-jabber is going to do that, he can just block all that shit out. It's close-season, so there's not even a meaningful home game at which to get the banners and flyer sheets distributed. Nowhere or no event at which to sing the same old anti-establishment hand wringing propaganda chants.

I would imagine, all he would listen to is money. But 20k of us has already spunked 500+ quid each into the coffers on season ticket renewals. All he sees are eager fans coming back for more... even if the product is going to be looking like instant gash.

I'm quite emotionally dead after the play off final. I just can't be arsed. Whatever happens, happens. Precious little I can do other than ask for my money back.

Edit - or just get behind the team. Whatever it looks like, and who is in it. Exception of Joey Barton. No... effing way.

Edited by Raver50032
Reflection

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

After years of writing on here and never been short of an opinion.....I am not sure what to think.

Thats probably because you feel like the rest of us....dazed, fed up, miserable, depressed and down right perplexed by it all.

What we can definitely gleen from it all is that Dr Tony Xia will go down in history as one of, if not, the worst custodians of our beloved football club in all of its illustrious history.

He will have that heavy mantel around his neck for ever. I hope the stigma of failure lasts with him for ever !!!!  

17 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Thats probably because you feel like the rest of us....dazed, fed up, miserable, depressed and down right perplexed by it all.

What we can definitely gleen from it all is that Dr Tony Xia will go down in history as one of, if not, the worst custodians of our beloved football club in all of its illustrious history.

He will have that heavy mantel around his neck for ever. I hope the stigma of failure lasts with him for ever !!!!  

I wasn't old enough to remember the late 60's - But he is certainly the worst owner in the last 50 years ....Terrible appointment in RDM, Wreckless to bring forward all our monies due in the hope of a promotion within 2 years. The guy is a complete fraudster, he probably isn't even a doctor, he has no real money in football terms, every business he owns runs at a loss, he is untrustworthy and a liar .....with a guy like that at the helm - no surprise where we are and the only way is down.... 

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

But do what Dem? What actually can we, as fans do to make him sell up? No amount of Twitter and Facebook jibber-jabber is going to do that, he can just block all that shit out. It's close-season, so there's not even a meaningful home game at which to get the banners and flyer sheets distributed. Nowhere or no event at which to sing the same old anti-establishment hand wringing propaganda chants.

I would imagine, all he would listen to is money. But 20k of us has already spunked 500+ quid each into the coffers on season ticket renewals. All he sees are eager fans coming back for more... even if the product is going to be looking like instant gash.

I'm quite emotionally dead after the play off final. I just can't be arsed. Whatever happens, happens. Precious little I can do other than ask for my money back.

Edit - or just get behind the team. Whatever it looks like, and who is in it. Exception of Joey Barton. No... effing way.

We need to get one of those planes with a trailing banner - Xia Out for one of the first home games - if noses can organise such a thing I am sure we can. The local press seem on the case of Xia so they would give it some coverage - I am happy to donate if someone can organise.

Edit :- A quick google shows this is around £600 + vat for 1 hour - should be doable between us.....

Edited by hippo

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Anyone get the feeling that we are being run by the Chinese version of the Venky's?

Yep the owners from Hell - and Xia really isn't that far behind.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yep the owners from Hell - and Xia really isn't that far behind.

I would say by the time he is finished he will be out there on his own as the rightful recipient of worst owner of any club anywhere ever medal. But enough of bistowing honours onto this ball bag. I’m sure this has been answered many times so sorry about this but would administration result in the club being taken out if his hands ? He clearly won’t sell until I’m guessing Grealish and Chester are gone so my guess is sell them and anybody else plus and land or other assets pocket the cash then put us in administration and disappear.

Edited by punkiller1981
Update

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We as fans to need to be putting more pressure on xia to sell up. We are a complete shit feat at the moment.

I think you should stand outside Villa Park every day holding a Xia out sign. 

Come me Dem. Do it for the fans! 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you should stand outside Villa Park every day holding a Xia out sign. 

Come me Dem. Do it for the fans! 

Bildresultat för homer hunger strike animated gif

In my view there are two things for which we can rightly and with certainty resent Xia

he has repeatedly hired the wrong people to be in charge IMO his greatest failure (although a good hire or two could change that)

his communication to fans has raised more anxiety and uncertainty than enthusiasm and hope  (a good PR team could fix that)

i don’t understand anger at him that he hasn’t got more money.  If not having enough money warrants dislike, that likely explains why several posters dislike me. ;) 

To be clear I’m not supporting Xia, or turning a blind eye at anything, the best action for everyone would be for him to sell.  Just think some criticisms are OTT. 

I don’t believe he has deliberately tried toruin the club.  He just hired clowns.  

• Like 4

I think we need to remember we were complicit in this gamble.

I don't think we realised quite how weak a position we'd be in if it didn't come off - but there were very few dissenting voices when we invested all our parachute money in highly paid experienced players with little sell on value, or when we invested big chunks on loan players that we wouldn't be keeping. We all bought into the feeling that the requirement was immediate promotion and to hell with any other idea. If Xia had come in and said, "Give me four years and I can make us a solid, viable Championship club that can aim at the play offs from a firm footing" he'd have been hounded out of town or strung from a lampost. 

Of course, we can in part be forgiven on two counts; we're fans and we dream, and we hand't realised that the brown stuff was quite so close to the spinny thing - but I think it's a little bit dangerous to just point at the man who carried out the plan and say "Him bad, everything else good." I think it's an attitude that could lead us into further trouble if we're taken over. Our expectations of this football club do not match what it's able to give and it could take someone a decade to get it right - we should remember that truth if we're taken over and keep it in the back of our minds when we're demanding a couple of £20m signings.

The bad Doctor took a wild and crazy gamble with the future of the club on the basis that a quick promotion was on the table - an awful lot of the fanbase were right behind him in that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need to remember we were complicit in this gamble.

I don't think we realised quite how weak a position we'd be in if it didn't come off - but there were very few dissenting voices when we invested all our parachute money in highly paid experienced players with little sell on value, or when we invested big chunks on loan players that we wouldn't be keeping. We all bought into the feeling that the requirement was immediate promotion and to hell with any other idea. If Xia had come in and said, "Give me four years and I can make us a solid, viable Championship club that can aim at the play offs from a firm footing" he'd have been hounded out of town or strung from a lampost. 

Of course, we can in part be forgiven on two counts; we're fans and we dream, and we hand't realised that the brown stuff was quite so close to the spinny thing - but I think it's a little bit dangerous to just point at the man who carried out the plan and say "Him bad, everything else good." I think it's an attitude that could lead us into further trouble if we're taken over. Our expectations of this football club do not match what it's able to give and it could take someone a decade to get it right - we should remember that truth if we're taken over and keep it in the back of our minds when we're demanding a couple of £20m signings.

The bad Doctor took a wild and crazy gamble with the future of the club on the basis that a quick promotion was on the table - an awful lot of the fanbase were right behind him in that.

Yes the fans we’re behind getting promoted ASAP, fans of every club would have been the same. However I doubt the overwhelming support would have been the same if we were told it’s get promoted or go bust. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

My own take on this is that Tony Xia has lived on his wits and other peoples money since college.

I'm a natural researcher because I have nothing better to do with my time. When Xia was announced as the prospective new Villa owner, I spent days and nights trying to find out everything on the internet regarding his attributes and the source of his 'wealth".

I know that many of you also did exactly the same thing. After countless hours I had to concede that Xia had covered his tracks so well that no concrete facts and figures could be accessed. The only thing that emerged was that the companies he dealt with were not listed on the Shanghai stock exchange but were trading through Hong Kong, ie Rui Kang, Lotus Health etc, and as these shares were quoted in Yen it could easily lead to considerable mistakes in attributing wealth.

My sons who are a lot more IT savvy than me drew the same blanks.

I believe that Xia was approached by Samuelson spinning a deal for the 'golden goose' ie AVFC. Here was an opportunity for a young man with bursting ambition and less cash than he would have wished, to take a 'safe' (that's how it would have been spun) one or maximum two year gamble on accessing the riches of the Premier League.

Xia would have been introduced to "football experts" who would have bedazzled him with a Champion's League winning manager RDM. Tony would have been coached in "sharing Lerner's vision" for the RL interview, and as an architect he would have been good at it.

Two years later it's all gone tits up for Tony. The so called experts have disappeared, and the money that Xia has desperately borrowed to hang on to his failing dream has disappeared as well.

Villa is the victim in all this.

This is only my opinion and not based on any facts because it's impossible to unearth Xia related facts. I may be totally wrong. 

I think the second part (after 'my sons...') is more like personal opinions (which are possible but not quite verifiable), but the first part has places that are inaccurate. 

1) It has been well documented (only in Chinese, up until now I have not found any translation in English about his pre-US life in China) that he was from a poor farmers family. Some were from his ex-wife and some were from his ex-classmates. These documents have high credibility as far as I can tell, however they cannot be 100% verified. 

2) He suddenly became known to people in China because he was selected as the returning-professor in the first round of 1000-people plan. Just to give you an idea of what that means - that is roughly equivalent to FRS (fellow of royal society) in the UK in terms of academic achievement. But at that time, he was not even a tenure-track assistant professor in the US. At that time there were people who reported him of 'fraud', i.e. using misleading title (assistant professorship instead of research assistant-ship, which in Chinese are very similar), but there was no official investigation on this. I have seen photocopies of his application materials and the misleading was there (but to be 'fair' he is not the only one who did that, unfortunately). 

3) ' The only thing that emerged was that the companies he dealt with were not listed on the Shanghai stock exchange but were trading through Hong Kong'. This is not true. There are two listed on Shanghai stock exchange, although he is not the sole owner ofc.

4) 'as these shares were quoted in Yen' -  I guess you mean 'RMB' or 'CNY'.

Edited by Deisler123

Â