Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's the thing that caught my eye.

It really is straight out of the Kenneth William Bates book of lies, chapter 1.

58 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Its pretty clear now that Xia doesn’t have the sources of cash to fund your club and probably never has.  The money that has gone into Villa since his purchase has all been parachute payments, fresh debt or asset sales.

If he wants to hold on for it’s for a couple of reasons (1) he can’t afford to sell at the loss he would have to sell at, it would wipe him out given that his Chinese interests are all **** as well; and (2) given that he might as well cling on in the hope something turns up.  

The likely (if grim) truth for you guys is that catastrophic administration at Villa is no worse for Xia than a sale at fair value so for him the rational thing to do is keep his claws in on the off chance someone turns up to offer more than take the club and it’s debts off him for a penny (or whatever your real net worth is at the moment).  Of course his ideal scenario is that someone buys a minority stake in the club in exchange for injecting a load of cash.  But only another delusional lunatic would buy in on those terms.  And you don’t need another delusional lunatic owner.

So you sell Grealish and Chester for the highest upfront fee you can manage as distressed sellers.  Perhaps £15m in total, which should enable you to make it through to October at their current burn rate. Given loans have all disappeared off, it doesnt leave you with much of a team.  You can’t afford to sack Bruce so he’ll hang around until a better offer comes in or go through the motions.  In the meantime the club’s infrastructure will be gutted - didn’t another senior backroom guy leave today/yesterday?And I guess you hope that what turns up isn’t mid season meltdown, relegation and admin...:( 

Why do you keep posting this stuff, you ghoul?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Farlz said:

At least he's been honest I guess, worst bit of all that is Bruce 100% staying

He is point 9 of 15 !  - Seems to me Xia is trying to force him to resign

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It means he's an arsehole.

He's got no money.  He never had any money.

We're ****.

I meant in comparison to the constant tweeting and then long silence. I will always bow down to the long committed mods when it comes to opinion though. Especially when they all agree. 

15 minutes ago, hooter said:

We've a couple of fellas who became adept at picking apart loans until they were eventually traced to the BVI, at which point sadly they become invisible.

The fact he said "bank loans" rather than "debt" should be a mighty alarm call fellas.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's the thing that caught my eye.

11 minutes ago, hooter said:

It really is straight out of the Kenneth William Bates book of lies, chapter 1.

Sorry for being slow, but could either of you spell out the implications here?

Released after weeks of speculation - at 8pm on a Friday night  - knowing there is an England cup match tomorrow - what a weasel ! 

Nothing in there he couldn't have said a month ago.

Dr Loony out..

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I meant in comparison to the constant tweeting and then long silence. I will always bow down to the long committed mods when it comes to opinion though. Especially when they all agree. 

He's saying he's looking for investment, but when he bought the club he was telling the press he was a multi-billionaire.

Whether that was true then and isn't now, or was untrue all along, he's skint.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Released after weeks of speculation - at 8pm on a Friday night  - knowing there is an England cup match tomorrow - what a weasel ! 

Nothing in there he couldn't have said a month ago.

Dr Loony out..

What has England playing tomorrow got to do with anything?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry for being slow, but could either of you spell out the implications here?

For me it's that he's trying to suggest that we're free of debt whilst actually only moving or removing a small part of our debt. It's the suggestion that people will read that and think "no debt" and me wondering what our actual debt position is - if he'd said, "we still have debts, but they're [whatever] but our debts to the banks have been cleared" I'd have been more settled. It feels disingenuous.

• Like 3

Also, whilst I think he's correct in his statement about reassessing our ambitions - I think the message can be read as "and you lot banging on about the mad possibility of being in the playoffs isn't helping" and I'm not sure that'll go down very well. 

For me he's saying we're going to cut back as far as we can without not being Aston Villa - I wonder where he draws that line - at what position does the club not properly adhere to its history?

• Like 2

Â