Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

27 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i dont understand that people dont understand that we are in the mire

wake up and smell the coffee. until Dr Charlatan sells us we are drifting along aimlessly. 

We have not got the proverbial pot to piss in....ffs Johnstone goes to Tesco Baggies for 6.5 mill....these days that transfer fee is peanuts

Wake up and smell what coffee exactly? If we're as broke as reported (ie: needing to sell assets each month to pay a £5m shortfall that we wouldn't otherwise be able to pay for), then why aren't we selling players? This year's transfer window shuts before the season starts, so we only have a matter of weeks now to shift a few players, if we genuinely need to do that to pay the bills otherwise we go into administration.

I'm not buying this opinion that we have no-one at the club that can oversee player sales. The club just doesn't stop working and receiving contact from other clubs just because Keith Wyness has left. I doubt he single-handedly dealt with all transfer dealings.

@hippo I think you're right, that a loan was sorted, and that we've fended off the threat of administration and can now pay the bills for the next year. Then the year after, we'll be having a number of high earners leaving, which will make a huge difference. (Hopefully).

@villan_007 obviously I know that other clubs need to be interested in our players, but it's not like we don't have any players that other clubs would want. Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, Green, Davis, RHM, O'Hare, Kodjia, Chester, Grealish, Bjarnason, Taylor, Elphick, Elmo, Jedinak, Whelan and Hogan are all players that other clubs would be interested in, if they were after players in those particular positions, and even moreso if they knew we had to sell at a reduced price because of our situation!

With regards to wages, we pay big, which is a problem, but if we had to sell to bring in money to pay the bills, then maybe we'd be better agreeing to pay the difference in wages of what the new club offered for the remainder of that players contract? 

Eg: If Jedinak is on £40k p/w, but a prospective buyer only wants to pay him £30k p/w, then for the remaining 1-year of his contract, we agree to make up the £10k difference, we would still be saving £30k p/w and bringing in whatever transfer fee we could get. Meaning that we can either take that saving and rely on existing players, or we just have to bring in a new player on a free for less than £30k p/w.

I know I'm simplifying the situation massively, and I'm clearly using some Championship Manager logic towards the wages, but the point I'm making still stands. If we're 2-3 weeks away from another tax bill that we can't pay with our current finances, and that if we don't pay we will get a winding up order for, then why aren't we seeing more movement in player sales?

Maybe some are going through as we speak? Who knows? I'm just raising the valid point that we've been told for weeks now that we are in the s**t to the point that we could go bust, so why are we not seeing rumours of players leaving every day. That's what I was expecting.

• Like 1

With Round getting the bullet then I would say this is another huge sign that there are major things going on behind the scenes. 

I fully anticipate a sale to be very close. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the events of the last 6 weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

With Round getting the bullet then I would say this is another huge sign that there are major things going on behind the scenes. 

I fully anticipate a sale to be very close. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the events of the last 6 weeks.

More likely Xia is holding him accountable for the huge player spend and wages which has not delivered and left us firmly in the sticky stuff.  And rightly so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It's not Tuesday, so I'm not interested :P

well, in fairness, he did originally say Wednesday and then changed it to Tuesday........

I'm frantically F5'ing on Newsnow. ?

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

They have just said on talksport that there will be breaking major news on Aston Villa in the coming hours.... possibly minutes.

Well why don't they just break it then? 

Do they owe Villa some kind of legal obligation not to break some news they know?

• Like 1

Interesting - Steve Round has gone. So is that the big breaking news or is there something else to be revealed today I wonder?

So another question - who the hell is now running the club day to day? There is only HeHo left?

7 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I can't help but picture everyone in the Villa offices running around and screaming like Fry in your avatar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Could easily just be a cost cutting move, with all his years in the game I imagine Round was pretty well paid in his role. Could also be a move that will force SB to consider resigning as he's losing all his key mates behind the scenes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Could easily just be a cost cutting move, with all his years in the game I imagine Round was pretty well paid in his role. Could also be a move that will force SB to consider resigning as he's losing all his key mates behind the scenes.

Maybe not done by accident either ;)

My bet is on the breaking news being that Grealish has been told that he is being sold today.  The club won't be able to keep it quiet once the players know, someone will spill the beans instantly.  With the Tweet JG just sent out I fear that the news we will hear today will not be feel good in any way.

Edited by Straggler
spelling as always

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

The breaking news is Round leaving. Nothing more to that.

There is me giving a "news" organisation like that way more credit than they deserve.  Should have known it would just be a regurgitation of a press release.

33 minutes ago, Straggler said:

My bet is on the breaking news being that Grealish has been told that he is being sold today.  The club won't be able to keep it quiet once the players know, someone will spill the beans instantly.  With the Tweet JG just sent out I fear that the news we will hear today will not be feel good in any way.

Is that the tweet ? doesn't it just mean hard day at training ?

Capture.JPG

Â