Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, Frobisher said:

To me at least, and I'm sure to most others, it's clear we are DEEP in the shit. How Leeds fans descending on us like carrion will help, I'm not really sure.

Well you could take one of two views I guess.

There may be ways in which our experience might help you broaden the knowledge amongst your fan base that your club is being wrecked.

Or, we might just be popping by for a cyber version of a Zinger and chips.

Your call Mr Sensitive. ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

To me at least, and I'm sure to most others, it's clear we are DEEP in the shit. How Leeds fans descending on us like carrion will help, I'm not really sure.

How will anything posted on here help?

7 minutes ago, hooter said:

I can't speak for him, but I'll speak for myself.

Growing up in Erdington in the early 80s as my mates went to Rotterdam and I went to Plymouth to get hammered 6-2 wasn't fun, I took a lot of stick, but we're all big boys, and as we all know, once you have a team, you have a team.

I worked at Villa for a couple of years stocking the bars etc, worked Villa home games, used the money to go to Leeds games the week after.

I've loads of mates who support Villa, yes you've had the upper hand for 15 years, yes, I enjoy a giggle back, but here's the rub.

We've seen shit owners on a level you can't begin to imagine, shit criminals who nearly ended our club.

For all I want to get promoted before you, I've no interest in seeing Villa crushed as a club, and be in no **** doubt that is your potential fate as it stands.

As far as it is possible to calculate, you are way deeper in the shit than we were, because we hadn't the leverage that PL money provided you.

I know the poster you quoted, and I honestly think, in a dispassionate fashion, he is telling you to get your heads out of your arses and start to accept the level of trouble you may face.

FWIW my view is you probably need to pray for admin quickly, a friendly if not loaded buyer and a few years to re-build.

If this Xia fella hangs around the hole only gets bigger. We tried all sorts to unsettle the words removed who owned us, opinion is divided how much effect it had, but it is better than doing nowt, right ?

Fighting for the saviour of football clubs goes beyond the realms of banter in my opinion......I have never been happy to see any football club fall, because that is not the fans fault.

You too clearly represent that view despite having had adverse comments aimed at you, which I regret.

The one thing that worries me is.....I am not sure if we have learned anything here......We have never been good at spending money on players, we may be forced in to a situation that actually suits us.....now i know that could be construed as ludicrous, and not the right view to be having right now......but some of the best players that have graced our hallowed turf have been modest purchases, groomed at Bodymoor heath. It seems to me other clubs have done well to get rid of their rubbish, duds or over rated players on us and due to our desperation to get back, usually panic and pay over the top.

However , I am committed to every cloud has a silver lining, but right now its hard to swallow, I know.

I would also like to see us scrape this notion that every player from lower divisions is worse than we have, they are usually hungrier and physically more adept.....we have spent a lot of money on a lot of rubbish, from a lot of managers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hooter said:

Well you could take one of two views I guess.

There may be ways in which our experience might help you broaden the knowledge amongst your fan base that your club is being wrecked.

Or, we might just be popping by for a cyber version of a Zinger and chips.

Your call Mr Sensitive. ?

Maybe it's a bit of both ?

4 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

I wasn't trying to moderate and wouldn't expect their posts to be removed. I'm probably being oversensitive, but it feels all too much like picking over a corpse.

Maybe my view is different because I regularly talk to a group of Leeds fans on Twitter and they all echo his sentiments that they don't want to see us suffer as they have.

1 minute ago, Frobisher said:

Maybe it's a bit of both ?

Maybe so. But if someone is only offering one hand to drag me out of a river, I'm likely to take it. ?

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Did you ever really trust him ? - for me there were times he was less dodgy than others. He lied to us from day 1 - we never knew how he made his billions (always a red flag) - but he has turned into the worst of all world, Not rich, not clever, and most likely as corrupt as hell.

I don't know about trust him.....but I didn't think this would happen.

I have to say hippo....when the initial proclamation about taking Europe by storm in 5 seasons or whatever it was.....I started to smell a rat.

but to say, I could see this coming would be a lie.....lets be honest, I didn't want to see this coming, I had just got over Lerner.

I will never trust another "stranger" as owner of the club.....too many have let me down.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, dubbs said:

To me it reads like he's not got a clue what to do.  Is too pig headed to sell. Doesn't know how to resolve the issue. Basically thanks to Dr. T Villa are f###ed.

Brought us for £80m (probably with borrowed money ) - club is now perhaps worth £40m tops - He can't sell us. unless someone offers £80m..

10 minutes ago, hooter said:

Maybe so. But if someone is only offering one hand to drag me out of a river, I'm likely to take it. ?

Mate, we're drowning, proferred hand or not. Unless you've got a spare £100 million in the other hand, then I take it all back!

As I've said in another post I'm probably being oversensitive. I guess it's just hard to take going from competing for promotion, to being on the verge of being out of business, and then having guys saying "it's going to get worse and worse and worse".

Edited by Frobisher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I'm not too enamoured with the fact that Xia has assumed the role of acting CEO, tbh.

Why? All his other business ventures are absolutely flourishing.....oh wait.

Turning us into a laughing stock. I feel like a complete idiot. I bought into it all, the tweets, the gestures, the bullshit ambitions. 

• Like 2

He's basically admitted he's a fraud with no money. 

All those journalists who exposed him in the early days were bang on correct AND HE RIDICULED THEM. 

He's a liar and a fraud, a poor business man, a complete cancer, nothing more than another gambler sat at a table pissing away borrowed money. And he has absolutely no class. 

He's the worst thing to ever happen to this club and he will leave us a smalltime club for years now. 

We were a big club down at heel due to neglect and he's destroyed us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

Mate, we're drowning, proferred hand or not. Unless you've got a spare £100 million, o the other hand, then I take it all back!

As I've said in another post I'm probably being oversensitive. I guess it's just hard to take going from competing for promotion, to being on the verge of being out of business, and then having guys saying "it's going to get worse and worse and worse".

Well its not static......its dynamic.

Its either getting worse or better......I'm not sure which.

for the last 2 years, i thought we was getting better, what a fool i have been.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Because most of the stuff you post on Xia makes no sense. 

And it makes no sense because it's generally in the space between 'really bad' and 'really good' call it the 'grey space' if it helps. 

• Like 1

Â