England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I said that Iceland would win. I think people are going over the top with the shock factor, though, it's not as if Iceland are San Marino. They've beaten the Netherlands twice recently and beaten Turkey and the Czech. It really isn't that big of a shock result.

Iceland were doing this just 7 years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7971845.stm

Scotland 2-1 Iceland

By Colin Moffat
999999.gif
Ross McCormack (left) was on target for Scotland
McCormack (left) opened the scoring for Scotland at Hampden

Ross McCormack and Steven Fletcher scored their first Scotland goals to set up a vital World Cup qualifying win over Iceland at Hampden.

Scotland actually won their last 4 games v Iceland...proper bogey team.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Crouch putting it down to 'pressure'. Piss off pal. They're just shit. 

They're not though.

If we had a team of shit players then it wouldn't be so **** infuriating that they played so shit!

• Like 3

Kane has been awful in this tournament - England's worst player by a distance - he's slowed things down, taken a succession of dreadful set pieces and not scored from about fifteen opportunities. Rooney has been our best player, but I don't think you can make a case for any of those who've gone out there having improved their reputation.

Hodgson tonight brought back players that were playing badly and were clearly out of form, because he thought it would be an easy game and he could get his favourites back into the side. Enjoy retirement Roy, you'll go down in history as one of England's worst.

• Like 4

I can't quite believe it. Herman Hreidarson on punditry for Norwegian telly can't quite believe it either. Amazing scenes. Big congrats to our Nordic friends. 

England fans should be pissed off. Criminally let down by your players and manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Crouch putting it down to 'pressure'. Piss off pal. They're just shit. 

Premier League is a massive part of the the problem, but the grass roots level (coaching, size of pitches, emphasis on the wrong things) is the chief culprit.  

However, like it or not but it's clear that under the Premier League England have not produced anywhere near enough world class players. There needs to be a bias towards home grown players over foreign exports. There also needs to be a correction to the insane market it has become, it's clearly the case that club is more important than country, it would be when you're Sterling and on £200k a week at 20 years old, it's no wonder he has no desire at this level, it's just a big folly. 

• Like 1