England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Brexit will mean more english players will get a chance.

However I don't think fans will be too happy paying 40-60 quid to watch headless chicken players running into each other at 100mph as we see every two years in major tournaments. 

Then I guess it's a question of what people want then? Do they want to be 'entertained' as a part of a global 'product' which is increasingly edging away from the everyday fan or do they want the domestic league to benefit the national side? If the former then there's really no point having any sort of expectation around the national side going forward.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think last season's Villa side could beat them to be honest.

Let's not say crazy things!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Fully behind Wales in the quarters. 

Being half Welsh I can even do this legitimately.   Spoke to my Welsh dad (who introduced me to Villa who he  chose as his team when moving to Birmingham) at half time and said he must be happy about the Welsh result as he has been away and  not caught up.   His response was he was delighted but not happy about England so far.   I think he will genuinely be gutted about England    he's OK for a welshie. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

LOL Roy saying the players have been 'fantastic', what a crock of shit, just call them out for what they are you lying word removed.

It would have been far more beneficialif he'd have gone out in a blaze of glory 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I turned over, has he walked (I realise he's almost out of contract)

His contract is up yes, but it very much sounds as though he resigned before they decided they were not renewing.

I don't rate the bloke as a manager,  but its clear he is a very nice,  honourable bloke. I wish him the best.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Then I guess it's a question of what people want then? Do they want to be 'entertained' as a part of a global 'product' which is increasingly edging away from the everyday fan or do they want the domestic league to benefit the national side? If the former then there's really no point having any sort of expectation around the national side going forward.

I think Jarpie alluded to a major problem.

The premier league is a great watch but it's played so fast and end to end it dosen't produce home grown players that "think" Football.

We've seen the problems in this tournament, People whinging about teams parking the bus. However England simply don't produce players in that middle area who see threading a throughball past a packed defence as a challenge...y'know the sort Iniesta has done a few times in this tournament.

I just think at the prices people are paying they won't put up with kick and rush football and hitting it up to a big targetmen as the talented players like Payet and Coutinho got driven out.

English just don't produce those sort of players.

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Was he reading from an old resignation statement at a previous club?

He did have a speach prepared, hilarious