England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Henderson and Wilshere will get picked, Drinkwater wont.

Wilshere is so over rated is ridiculous. Averages a goal every 13 games and Ozil got more assists by Christmas than Wilshere has had in his enrire career. Throw in the fact he can't tackle of head the ball I am totally baffled as to what he brings to Arsenal let alone England. He is bang averqage and constantly injured

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

That squad is so bad. The back line is just awful.

What other options were there? I think its a decent squad. Didn't expect Townsend to get picked but he deserves it. 

Just now, Genie said:

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We never learn, 2 injury prone unfit players in the squad. What a waste.

Yes but thats why its a provisional squad. They not be in the final 23

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but thats why its a provisional squad. They not be in the final 23

I bet they will, why else bother? It would be much easier to say they've not played enough this season to be in the squad and that would be that.

All along Roy has been saying he will not pick players who are not fit and playing catchup... then selects Delph and Wilshere...

Edited by Genie

Just now, PaulC said:

I presume he would have just picked his final squad if he was sure of their fitness. Dier gives him the option of only picking 3 cbs as he can play there.

He can play there yes. But why? Why not take an actual centre half instead of say, I dunno, Delph?

Who else is there though? Jagielka is terrible now. Delph he has stayed loyal to but I think hes just there as cover. Rashford one of Henderson and Wilshere plus Deph will miss out 

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are you sure? Because he's only picked 3 centre backs so that he can squeeze them in. 

Dier will be seen as the 4th centre back

• Like 1

He will use Rooney as an extra midfielder, so theres actually no point in picking both of hospital veterans.

I'd literally cry myself to sleep every night is I was Mark Noble, knowing that Wilshere is picked ahead of him after the season he has had! 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

What other options were there? I think its a decent squad. Didn't expect Townsend to get picked but he deserves it. 

Sorry, I'm not saying the defence is bad purely on his selections, just that the state of English defenders is bad.

Although Simpson, Antonio and Creswell have all deserved a chance at fullback.

• Like 1