England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Just now, snowychap said:

Did he think he was in the shadow cabinet? :)

Woy fancies a crack at the Labour leadership now

• Like 1

I've nothing personal against Roy, he's well spoken and articulate.  But in 4 years he's fallen the same way as every manager in my lifetime, furiously hammering round pegs into square holes.

That being said, today was utterly embarrassing from 5 minutes in, 2 goals killed the confidence - Walker looked shot and never really looked comfortable.  We played with 2 "wide" players who had nothing on the outside of their fullback so were only ever cutting inside - which was then compounded with no fullbacks overlapping at pace that we need to stretch the play.  Set pieces are supposed to be a traditional strong point of the English team, there was nothing here at all to suggest they even bothered doing any training work on them.

Defending today was totally awful, Joe Hart was a keeper I had high hopes for a few years ago, but if you can't keep the ball out of the net then the fancy stuff of a sweeper keeper he so loves to pretend he is is worthless.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see if there's any room on the Welsh bandwagon.

Edit:  Thing that annoys me the most, was that the players looked broken after the second goal - not one of them I'd suggest is a "leader" - and what was worse was that nothing improved after the break - it was like they thought they'd just turn up and something, somewhere somehow would just drag them out of this.

Also.  Rooney, thanks for the goals, but do one.

Edited by CardiffGreens

What a terrible list.

I actually think Rodgers would be a decent international manager but he's just taken over at Celtic.

**** it, just give the job to Bielsa and sit back. It wouldn't be boring at least. Hiddink would be a safe pair of hands as a more realistic option.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

This a punishment for everyone who voted to leave in the EU referendum.

Hope we are not going to use this forum for political propoganda. I have my opinions on THAT vote but prefer to talk football (or lack of it!), whilst on VT

Just now, jimmythomas said:

Hodgson may failed as manager, but I don't think all this abuse aimed at him is necessary. Jesus Christ, it's only a football game, he hasn't raped anyone.

Its necessary. That was Iceland

2 minutes ago, legov said:

I wouldn't be against Martinez actually.

With a defence consisting of Hart, Cahill and Smalling? :crylaugh:

It's not a question of quality, arguably every single one of our players would get in ahead of their Iceland counterpart.  Also Austria and Hungry gave them far tighter games and you'd say pretty much the same for them (bar a couple from Austria maybe). Kane top goal scorer in the Prem yet was trapping a ball further than I could kick it today.

Has to be a question of mentality. And obviously the piss poor management - Sturridge out wide anyone, Rooney not being hauled off until it was too late despite playing like a pub player etc etc.

• Like 1

Woy does seem like a decent bloke, he's just woefully out of his depth. I would feel sorry for him but he has been fantastically well paid in the last 4 years so I'm sure he will be ok.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1