Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

On 17 September 2016 at 17:03, Richard said:

Never expected promotion. But I expected better than this

I expected to be in the mix at least, but this a complete shambles from RDM. I hold him sorely responsible for this. As much as this pains me to say it...I think Bruce would do a far better job than RDM has 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Never expected promotion. But I expected better than this

I did expect promotion, but dont now, but did expect much better than this. Perhaps because were basically mid table Championship at best last season we shoudnt expect much more now with all the changes.

We have actually played well in most games for long periods, but we [surely] havent had the intended starting 11 yet. I do think that while it is painful, we need to wait until mid October before we see the oil tanker turning around.

Simply ridiculous blaming just RDM, albeit the buck stops with him. I just want stability, and while these are his players we stand teh best chance of that given the trauma of previous seasons.

I would be happy with missing out on Promotion if we showed a real turn around and us becoming a really solid outfit (a la Leicester two seasons ago). Lets not forget what we all said, we need to build a solid foundation for future prosperity, its going to take time.

I have stopped following matches live, its too painful!

I expected top 2.

That's now not going to happen, barring us going on a major winning streak later in the season.

Its simply just not good enough.

We might still make the lottery play-offs, if we change manager, tactics, players, something major between now and May.

Just now, ender4 said:

I expected top 2.

That's now not going to happen, barring us going on a major winning streak later in the season.

Its simply just not good enough.

We might still make the lottery play-offs, if we change manager, tactics, players, something major between now and May.

This - I expected a real shot at the top 2 - still wouldn't rule out a top 6 spot but things need to change fast for that to happen - we were showing decent signs but the last 2 games have been awful and we look a poor negative team 

We will click within the next two months and make the playoffs IF we don't panic and stick with Di Matteo. If we fire him in the next few games I fear for us I really do. Everybody is really frustrated I know (I'm ANGRY but with Lerner not RDM yet) but we are generally not losing, we are unbeaten at home, our strikers are all off the mark, we were (up to two games ago) playing well. Patience is something I know is impossible to ask from us because we are like the team at the moment. We are overly desperate for a win and our confidence utterly shattered. We need a season (players and fans) to psychologically heal and rehabilitate after the last few years and thats not a copout. I understand how important it is to get out of this league asap. There was no joy today, too much pressure. It's hard for lads to find the creative edge when they are not enjoying their football. That will come later in the season because unlike the premiership we will find a bit of room to breathe in this league. Fire RDM IF he doesn't make the playoffs but stick with him and we will I promise you that. And next year we will hit the top two.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, remotevillan said:

We will click within the next two months and make the playoffs IF we don't panic and stick with Di Matteo. If we fire him in the next few games I fear for us I really do. Everybody is really frustrated I know (I'm ANGRY but with Lerner not RDM yet) but we are generally not losing, we are unbeaten at home, our strikers are all off the mark, we were (up to two games ago) playing well. Patience is something I know is impossible to ask from us because we are like the team at the moment. We are overly desperate for a win and our confidence utterly shattered. We need a season (players and fans) to psychologically heal and rehabilitate after the last few years and thats not a copout. I understand how important it is to get out of this league asap. There was no joy today, too much pressure. It's hard for lads to find the creative edge when they are not enjoying their football. That will come later in the season because unlike the premiership we will find a bit of room to breathe in this league. Fire RDM IF he doesn't make the playoffs but stick with him and we will I promise you that. And next year we will hit the top two.

Agreed

No way no how is automatic promotion anything like beyond us yet but we need to start winning and start winning NOW. If we beat the Jawdies next week it will hopefully be the turn in the road. Lose and it becomes much harder. 

We are nearing the cusp though because as much as the points might be achievable the belief and confidence will be the bigger barrier.  Things need to change and soon. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

No way no how is automatic promotion anything like beyond us yet but we need to start winning and start winning NOW. If we beat the Jawdies next week it will hopefully be the turn in the road. Lose and it becomes much harder. 

We are nearing the cusp though because as much as the points might be achievable the belief and confidence will be the bigger barrier.  Things need to change and soon. 

One good week and it's all rosy again. The games come thick and fast so things can turn very easily. 

Â