Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

I fear that we could be looking at a lost decade here. From 2010 to 2020. If we can stabilise this season, get promoted next season and then spend the next couple of seasons after that reestablishing ourselves sin the PL. Hopefully anyway.

Pretty dire really that we could well end up going an entire decade without finishing in the top half of the top division.

27 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I fear that we could be looking at a lost decade here. From 2010 to 2020. If we can stabilise this season, get promoted next season and then spend the next couple of seasons after that reestablishing ourselves sin the PL. Hopefully anyway.

Pretty dire really that we could well end up going an entire decade without finishing in the top half of the top division.

I have a strong suspicion that if we don't get promoted this season, we'll have a much lower chance of promotion next season.

The newly relegated teams from next season will have much bigger parachute payments to play with, whilst we will need to balance the books from the money spent this season due to Championship FFP.

It could quite easily end up being a lost decade in the Championship 2016-2026!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, remotevillan said:

Fire RDM IF he doesn't make the playoffs but stick with him and we will I promise you that. And next year we will hit the top two.

Fire RDM is he doesn't get us promoted.   No point making the play-offs and not getting promoted.   and the play-offs are a huge gamble on a lottery.

So basically making the play-offs are not good enough to keep RDM.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I have a strong suspicion that if we don't get promoted this season, we'll have a much lower chance of promotion next season.

The newly relegated teams from next season will have much bigger parachute payments to play with, whilst we will need to balance the books from the money spent this season due to Championship FFP.

It could quite easily end up being a lost decade in the Championship 2016-2026!

I don't think it'll be a simple as that. I mean, we spent a shit ton of money this year and look how we've done so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

No chance for automatic promotion imo, that's 80 plus points so we need to win 25/38 games....er yeah.

Still a chance of top 6 but we really need to starting winning games a.s.a.p.

I disagree.

We can still get automatic promotion, but we're going to need to put a good winning run together at some point.

Newcastle are probably the yardstick at the moment.

Beat them next week (yes unlikely) and we'll be 3 points behind them.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We can't even beat Branford or Bristol City how the hell are we going to beat Newcastle? A point is best case for us.

if we did beat Newcastle though I really do think that will be turning point for us

I don't.....The turning point is when we get the balance of the team right, with all departments functioning as a unit.....and a siege mentality enters our psyche and react accordingly as opposed to just accepting the status quo

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We can't even beat Branford or Bristol City how the hell are we going to beat Newcastle? A point is best case for us.

if we did beat Newcastle though I really do think that will be turning point for us

Winning the next 3 would be the turning point - one win is neither here nor there - we need a run of wins to boost confidence 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This isn't how football works. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No chance for automatic promotion imo, that's 80 plus points so we need to win 25/38 games....er yeah.

Still a chance of top 6 but we really need to starting winning games a.s.a.p.

20 wins, 12 draws and 6 defeats will get us to 80 pts so thats still possible. We need to start winning soon though. 

Jesus this is a depressing thread today... 114 points to play for and 7 points behind Newcastle...

We will soon gel together and start recording wins, obviously we need this to happen as soon as possible... But we can't write off our season after 8 games. Bar the last two games we have looked a very good team, with a few more players back (Tshibola, Gestede, Grealish, McCormack) we will be fine to push for automatic promotion...

• Like 1

Â