Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

I've been desperate for a win for ages now, as I'm desperate for us to go up first time. However, with all those draws I've mellowed out a bit and now I'm just waiting for the team to show us something more as it won't take much to get in the play-offs, we can think about automatic promotion later. I'd happily take another of these draws against NUFC.

Don't be so depressed, we have been unlucky and are getting it together, hopefully RDM saw enough today to know how we move forward.

Players now becoming available which should shore up our midfield offering, and bench options. We can create chances and have fire power by the bucket load, thats a a MASSIVE improvement over last season.

3 wins in a row would propel us back into the mix, we are not far away - I think play offs is a distinct possibility as we have a decent squad and will buy in January too. This division is a marathon not a sprint.

For me 4-2-3-2: Gollini, Amavi, Chester, Elphick or Baker, Bacuna, Jedinak,Tshibola, Grealish, McCormac, Ayew, Gestede and Kodjia. For now anyway.

Kodjia will become a legend if he hits the net regularly, he is a hero.

• Like 1

Whilst it's early, it'll be play offs at best and that's at a push. We've made little to no progress since the season the started. The side is top heavy, loaded with quality forwards, but they're starved of service due to our non existent midfield. We look poor at the back, little to no protection from midfield again. Baker has got to start playing though, take the armband off Elphick if need be. Sides just walk through us, far too easy. We're just going to stumble to a mid table finish with RDM, so go get Rowett, stick with him and we may have the next Eddie Howe.

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If RDM is in charge come Xmas there's no chance of even scraping into the playoffs. 

Unless RDM is still in charge because we've been winning loads of games. Our chance of promotion has nothing to do with who the manager is and everything to do with team performance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Unless RDM is still in charge because we've been winning loads of games. Our chance of promotion has nothing to do with who the manager is and everything to do with team performance. 

Are the two not connected then? :unsure:

What the club needs more than anything is some positivity. As soon as we string back to back wins together we will have a more positive look about us all and then we will start to see us climb the league. 

The play offs are definitely not out of the question and if we took 9 or 10 points from the next 12 it could look a whole lot brighter for automatic promotion. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Are the two not connected then? :unsure:

Well no. DM can stay and we can play better or we can play worse. 

DM can go and we can play better or we can play worse. 

What you can't guarantee is that if Di Matteo is still here we will not be in the play offs.  My original response was that he might still be here because we are doing great. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well no. DM can stay and we can play better or we can play worse. 

DM can go and we can play better or we can play worse. 

What you can't guarantee is that if Di Matteo is still here we will not be in the play offs.  My original response was that he might still be here because we are doing great. 

Well there's no guarantees of anything, it was my opinion, which is what a forum is about, isn't it? 

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well there's no guarantees of anything, it was my opinion, which is what a forum is about, isn't it? 

Yes which is why I put forward a different point of view.  I actually am not convinced DM will come good,  just venturing the point that he might

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Newcastle are favourites to go up top and yet let's be honest they weren't that impressive yesterday. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. It only takes a few positive results to put you back in contention. 

the thing is when they are poor they are still scraping points which we cant do. They got battered at Bristol City and won with their only chance of game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the thing is when they are poor they are still scraping points which we cant do. They got battered at Bristol City and won with their only chance of game

We were poor yesterday and got a point

Dont get me wrong if obviously want more points and and better performances, but to rule out promotion at this stage is ridiculous in my eyes. No one is really pulling away with league and teams are all losing 

9 games played, 9 points gained.

9 goals scored, 9 goals conceded 

4 points off last place and 3 above relegation.

7 points off play off spot (Blues), 10 points off promotion spot.

Only 5 teams have scored fewer goals than us, defense working OK as only 6 teams has conceded fewer goals than us.

Guess it comes down to expectations, but I am bitterly disappointed by our results and performances so far.

11 hours ago, thunderball said:

Don't be so depressed, we have been unlucky and are getting it together, hopefully RDM saw enough today to know how we move forward.

Players now becoming available which should shore up our midfield offering, and bench options. We can create chances and have fire power by the bucket load, thats a a MASSIVE improvement over last season.

3 wins in a row would propel us back into the mix, we are not far away - I think play offs is a distinct possibility as we have a decent squad and will buy in January too. This division is a marathon not a sprint.

For me 4-2-3-2: Gollini, Amavi, Chester, Elphick or Baker, Bacuna, Jedinak,Tshibola, Grealish, McCormac, Ayew, Gestede and Kodjia. For now anyway.

Kodjia will become a legend if he hits the net regularly, he is a hero.

You make many good points...

However, understandably ,we could not keep up that level of tempo for a whole 90 minutes.

we have a very dubious ability to contain the opposition in times during a game of negating their threat.....its been like that for some time, it has been a weakness, we have not cured.

We are not rounded enough as a team to go up.....we are too jeykll & Hyde....too many gaps in our ability.

Our intensity and fight back in the final 30 minutes was commendable, but the game is about 90 and whilst we all know, you cannot keep that up, when we concede the ascendency to the opposition in the fashion that we do.....There is much, much, work to be done.

There are reasons why we are where we are and it is not just bad luck.

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

We aren't getting promoted this year but we need to as whoever comes down will be strong next year especially spam and Stoke so I don't fancy our chances then either 

There is still much work to be done to improve this team

Â