Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's just not how it works Dem. Come on man, how many years have you been watching football for now?

If we were talking about 20-30 games I'd be concerned, but we're 6 games into it. I find the desperation all a bit shameful to be honest. 

How many times have we won games playing badly over the last few years? The last period I can remember was the MON days. I more interested in Villa than other teams. And the concern is there, I can understand why people feel to panic after 6 games (I am not just for the record as of yet) but after watching lass season people are rightly nervous.

I personally think things will get better soon as we wont miss chances forever. i would be more concerned if we were not creating anything but we look very dangerous going forward

Forget about the past. Clinging on to the past does you no good whatsoever. It also proves nothing. 

Tonight is a new game, carry the form over but forget the results so far. Time to look up rather than backwards. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Lol if we were winning games then hitting the post wouldnt matter.  It is only highlighted because we aren't winning.

Anyway I'm just trying to enjoy football again.  I do not believe / expect / anticipate that we will be promoted this season.  I'm just trying to reconnect with the football side of it for what it is,  a game of football that Villa are playing in.  Trying to see how we play and get some enjoyment from it.  Promotion is absolutely the furthest thing from my mind this season as I do nit even think we will be in the mix.  Watching the team with the freedom of not worrying about promotion is so liberating! You should all try it. After the last 6 years it is quite enjoyable.

• Like 3

It's obvious, but it's games like tonight and Ipswich we have to start winning to recover ground. I am fairly relaxed at this point because i know we have a good squad who have not had much time together. Under-cooked as we are, I still think we have enough to win games now in this league. If we can be within touching distance of the play-off spots after Christmas (5pts off the pace atm) we'll be OK imo.  By then we should be hitting our straps and when we do that I think we will be too strong for many teams in this league and winning will become more routine.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

It's obvious, but it's games like tonight and Ipswich we have to start winning to recover ground. I am fairly relaxed at this point because i know we have a good squad who have not had much time together. Under-cooked as we are, I still think we have enough to win games now in this league. If we can be within touching distance of the play-off spots after Christmas (5pts off the pace atm) we'll be OK imo.  By then we should be hitting our straps and when we do that I think we will be too strong for many teams in this league and winning will become more routine.

i think the opposite, I think we need to be in the mix by then as a majority of our good players are away for african cup

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i think the opposite, I think we need to be in the mix by then as a majority of our good players are away for african cup

Good point.  That's 14 Jan to 5 Feb isn't it so potentially lose a few for 5 games? Still have decent players here - Grealish, McCormack and I think Gestede, along with the transfer window - to get us through.  From Sunday's starting 11 we would lose Ayew and Kodja wouldn't we?   Gestede would be a straight swap for Kodja.  Ayew harder to replace.

14 Jan: Wolverhampton (a)

21 Jan: Preston North End (h)

28 Jan: Bristol City (h)

31 Jan: Brentford (a)

4 Feb: Nottingham Forest (a)

Edited by Gary Thomas

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree, we really need to be within a couple of points of second place by Christmas.

Then push on to consolidate 1st or 2nd after our players are back from ACON.

Does any know how our start relates to other teams that have gone on to get promotion? There was one saying Burnley started slowly last year. We should be on more points but that's little consolation and we need to win and then it'll relax the players more and we will go on a run. We've only been awful for 30 min so far this season and are still gelling. Last nights results show it's a mad league and I'm pretty confident we will be at least in the playoffs. 

On 14 September 2016 at 21:40, omariqy said:

Like I said before. We have a mentality issue at the club even though lots of new players have come in. Something is not quite right.

Excuses excuses I don't want to hear this crap anymore. 80% of these players were not here last season

Edited by Demitri_C

Â