Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

39 minutes ago, Richard said:

We aren't getting promoted this year but we need to as whoever comes down will be strong next year especially spam and Stoke so I don't fancy our chances then either 

Well if we are anything to by.....I have no fear of the teams dropping, more fear in those that are establishing themselves and maturing in the division.

I have more fear of teams building momentum with hungry players on free transfers and able to blend a rounded outfit with no pressure on the respective managers.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I just hope that we're in touching distance of the top come January, there's every chance we could bring in some better midfielders that could help us push on. My fear is that we are languishing down the bottom and are unable to attract the right calibre of player.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I just hope that we're in touching distance of the top come January, there's every chance we could bring in some better midfielders that could help us push on. My fear is that we are languishing down the bottom and are unable to attract the right calibre of player.

I think the right calibre can be attracted....but we do not need to spend the crown jewels to achieve it.

We had  a record in the past of acquiring players who served us well, for very low fees......many teams in our division are doing the same.

Its a question of the manager identifying the player to add value to our team and bring attributes we are short of.

You can have a team full of talent, but if is all the same, its of no use......We need a team, not a bunch of talented individuals, there is a difference.

At present, we are good at some things and poor at others.

is it not questionable that RDM ( with his chelsea back ground) could not have attracted Tammy Abraham on loan.

In my opinion, we have some talented players the ones we could do with to add the balance may not attract big fees.

Edited by TRO

I'd still like to think that RDM can see what we need, I'm not 100% confident but you'd imagine that someone with his experience will be able to see we are lacking in midfield. Whether he tried to strengthen there in the summer, I don't know. We bought in Tshibola and Jedinak, they got injured so we haven't seen the best of them yet. Perhaps he thought Gardener and Westwood were better than they are? Im any case, I think we can find the right players in January. Ones that will make a difference. There's a few strands of doubt about whether RDM knows what we need, because our summer signings weren't everything we need. But he didn't have a huge amount of time, and we don't know who exactly he went for outside of those we got. 

26 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd still like to think that RDM can see what we need, I'm not 100% confident but you'd imagine that someone with his experience will be able to see we are lacking in midfield. Whether he tried to strengthen there in the summer, I don't know. We bought in Tshibola and Jedinak, they got injured so we haven't seen the best of them yet. Perhaps he thought Gardener and Westwood were better than they are? Im any case, I think we can find the right players in January. Ones that will make a difference. There's a few strands of doubt about whether RDM knows what we need, because our summer signings weren't everything we need. But he didn't have a huge amount of time, and we don't know who exactly he went for outside of those we got. 

Your first line is very interesting, because I have thought that about every manager we have had.They must know, surely they can see it, only to be told by Lambert after he left that the pressure got to him and got caught like a rabbit in the headlights......quite reassuring when we was relying on "time " for a manager who should know what he is doing to get it right and turn it around.

I have no idea, what they are thinking, unless you bump in to them and they divulge their thoughts.....who knows what they are thinking.

Imo is always a bit of a cop out and lends itself to the old chesnut...."they need time"

I don't have that much faith in the majority of football managers, but whats the alternative, just keep turning them over?

They talk to the press and basically say nothing, just nebulous comments that mean very little in the overall scheme of things.

Edited by TRO

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Could someone go through the Dr's tweets and see if he mentioned about missing out on a midfielder or something, swear that rings a bell, also I don't think they were planning on losing Gueye, so maybe we are actually two midfielders lighter then we planned for? All just assumptions mind.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Could someone go through the Dr's tweets and see if he mentioned about missing out on a midfielder or something, swear that rings a bell, also I don't think they were planning on losing Gueye, so maybe we are actually two midfielders lighter then we planned for? All just assumptions mind.

Dr T did tweet about an attacking midder, everyone thought it would be Ravel. We ended up with Adomah, not really an attacking midfielder as such as he's a winger. Whether we were chasing a central midfielder or not, I think we will be in January. 

18 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I think we are 2 short ,like you say.....but not squad players.....first team players

I do like this Tshibola if he can stay fit.

disappointed in Jedinak .....so far.

• Like 2

On 25 September 2016 at 10:12, mikeyp102 said:

Newcastle are favourites to go up top and yet let's be honest they weren't that impressive yesterday. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. It only takes a few positive results to put you back in contention. 

Newcastle are favourites to go up as they can go to places like Bristol and Derby, not play that well yet come out with two wins. We go to Derby and outplay them and also be excellent for an hour at Bristol and get 1 point out of 6...

We also talk of hammering a team...Newcastle with their 6 nil at QPR have already done this.

I'd be amazed if we finished above them this season.

That said I think it's foolish to rule out top 6...even now with just one win and a very mediocre start to the season we are still only 6 points off 6th which at this stage of the season is really nothing.

Of course we need to start winning otherwise that gap will grow aswell.

I personally still think we'll finish in the play offs and will be left to rue all the silly points we dropped in these early games.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle are favourites to go up as they can go to places like Bristol and Derby, not play that well yet come out with two wins. We go to Derby and outplay them and also be excellent for an hour at Bristol and get 1 point out of 6...

We also talk of hammering a team...Newcastle with their 6 nil at QPR have already done this.

I'd be amazed if we finished above them this season.

That said I think it's foolish to rule out top 6...even now with just one win and a very mediocre start to the season we are still only 6 points off 6th which at this stage of the season is really nothing.

Of course we need to start winning otherwise that gap will grow aswell.

I personally still think we'll finish in the play offs and will be left to rue all the silly points we dropped in these early games.

I agree with your observation on the first line.

I was not overly impressed with Newcastle, but they do, do the basics much better than us....the closing down and staying tight was more of a feature of their game than ours and that will get them points on their travels.....We stand off far too much to be a pain to anybody.

In some aspects of the game ( particularly offensively )we are more than a match for them, but unfortunately as so often proves, we made them look better than they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I agree with your observation on the first line.

I was not overly impressed with Newcastle, but they do, do the basics much better than us....the closing down and staying tight was more of a feature of their game than ours and that will get them points on their travels.....We stand off far too much to be a pain to anybody.

In some aspects of the game ( particularly offensively )we are more than a match for them, but unfortunately as so often proves, we made them look better than they are.

Do,do

Bildresultat för beavis and butthead hehe animated gif

• Like 1

We badly need to sign a few free agent midfielders asap to save what little that can be saved, if we are to be in touching distance of the play off spots when the window opens in January.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

We badly need to sign a few free agent midfielders asap to save what little that can be saved, if we are to be in touching distance of the play off spots when the window opens in January.

Yes, I can't see us getting enough points with our current central midfield options. 

Â