I'm optimistic at the start of every season, I enjoy feeling happy :D 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

(Just getting in there first)

Edited by Jareth

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

(Just getting in there first)

Cheers :cheers:

I realise being from the Midlands and a Villa fan I should be naturally pessimistic. In fact I used to be, I've even had people say to me "you look fed up, I bet you're a Villa fan". Then I realised life's much more fun if you try to enjoy it a little bit ;)

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Then they can't possibly meet your criteria no matter who we sign.

Eh?

Of course we can. We have signed 3 players. One hasn't played in a year hardly due to injury. The other two are pretty much complete unknowns due to their age.

At the same time, we seem to be close to losing a few of our better plahers. 

If we had signed players who were knew were good, then beliefs would be different.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which better players are we close to losing?

Richards

(shhhh don't tell Sunderland we think he's gash - no wait a minute it didn't fool them the first time...)

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which better players are we close to losing?

Well maybe close was the wrong word but our better players are certainly linked elsewhere.

We're defo not in a position where we're starting to put an 11 together that looks strong imo.

57 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Ok, I was, which is unusual for me.

The last pre season I was optimistic was 13/14 when we re-signed Benteke and made some other good signings. 

Last season I had no confidence going in with Sherwood as manager despite the good work he did the season before. We just lost Benteke and released our 2 best centre backs, Vlaar and Senderos. We lost Delph and Cleverly from an already weak midfield and then loaned out Gardner. I thought Traore was a great signing and was happy with Gana and Amavi but underwhelmed at best with everyone else. Considering we only just escaped relegation the 2 seasons before for me it was written on the wall.

Edited by Michael118

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

A promotion thread is a bit presumptuous but why not? I'm sure we can do it. In a few seasons time....

Maybe in a couple of seasons, if the scouting is vastly improved. I don't think we'll be buying our way to glory, I'm still not convinced there's any money available.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I thought he was just a myth. Something you tell the kids to make them eat their vegetables.

like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson....

Can't see anything other than us scraping around the bottom part of midtable in the championship.

If we want to get promoted we need at least two strikers a RB two CM's and a wide player not looking likely is it?

We don't carry enough threats we can't rely on our only two attacking outlets being Ayew who will be burnt out by christmas or Hutton/Cissokho overlapping down the flank all the time whipping in their limp dick crosses that never hit anyone.

Gestede has no movement and i doubt he will replicate that one off season he had at Blackburn when he had people around him who could actually cross the ball, not convinced with Kozak.

The defence other than Elphick fill me with no confidence Baker, Clark, Cissokho, Hutton e.t.c and we have an injury prone CM in Gardner and an inexperienced raw Tshibola alongside him.

I was full of optimism when the takeover happened now i just simply think there is too much work to be done and not enough time were also still saddled with the shitters such as Lescott Bacuna Gabby Richards who we can't get rid off with our better players leaving the club

As it stands i expect to see the typical villa style of struggling to score and conceding late goals continuing

Edited by AshVilla

Â