The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, spiezels said:

She was also the same woman that knew Adam Johnsons dealings with the girl and continued to employ him / play

Yes, hence since-departed.

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

But who would carry out the fit and proper test for the people who conduct the fit and proper test for the people who carry out the fit and proper testers?

Turtles all the way down.

• Like 3

The disqualification criteria in Ginkos Post would take about 5 minutes to confirm.

I presume the lengthy stuff is tracking/tracing finance.

Edited by terrytini

I dont remember Man City having all this crap. As i recall they were just taken over and immediately signed players like Robinho. Also dont think Everton have had all this  either. 

8 hours ago, Hev said:

I dont remember Man City having all this crap. As i recall they were just taken over and immediately signed players like Robinho. Also dont think Everton have had all this  either. 

Yes, takeover in the morning on deadline day and before I'd finished my breakfast bids in for Robinho and Berbatov.

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes, takeover in the morning on deadline day and before I'd finished my breakfast bids in for Robinho and Berbatov.

Maybe they just googled Sheikh Mansour and saw within a few minutes that he was worth whatever amount of billions and just said "yep this Sheikh fella is fine"

Maybe Tony's privacy is slowing the process down a bit?

8 hours ago, Hev said:

There's nothing to stop Xia gifting (or loaning or sponsoring or however City did it) the club £100m to get the silly season started while we wait for the rubber stamp, but I imagine he's a bit more risk-averse with his money than a Sheikh.

• Like 1

Ok, so if lets say "Hypothetically" Tony and other Chinese counterparts (like the Chinese Government) put £400m in an Escrow account, i presume that they would pass all these tests?

Can imagine that this deal will be going through pretty soon!!

21 minutes ago, zak said:

Ok, so if lets say "Hypothetically" Tony and other Chinese counterparts (like the Chinese Government) put £400m in an Escrow account, i presume that they would pass all these tests?

Can imagine that this deal will be going through pretty soon!!

A previous poster explained the usual time it takes for this stuff to happen with a time frame of about a month start to finish. We've got another approx two and a half weeks to wait so no point in getting anxious yet.

There's no reason for it to stop the appointment of a manager but seeing as we've gone three months without one now and I think we've hit the point where there is too much to do in such a short space of time for any realistic promotion campaign that an extra two weeks isn't going to do any harm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

think we've hit the point where there is too much to do in such a short space of time for any realistic promotion campaign

Buy 8-9 top quality players and we have a very realistic promotion chance - lets not give up just yet !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

A previous poster explained the usual time it takes for this stuff to happen with a time frame of about a month start to finish. We've got another approx two and a half weeks to wait so no point in getting anxious yet.

There's no reason for it to stop the appointment of a manager but seeing as we've gone three months without one now and I think we've hit the point where there is too much to do in such a short space of time for any realistic promotion campaign that an extra two weeks isn't going to do any harm.

Oh im not anxious, i was just saying i think this will go through this week due to my "hypothetical" question

10 hours ago, Hev said:

That was then this is now. It's clear the process is more stringent these days, plus City weren't in the Championship... Us being in the Championship adds another layer of bureaucracy insofar as we need Championship and Premier League approval.

20 hours ago, dounavilla said:

But who would carry out the fit and proper test for the people who conduct the fit and proper test for the people who carry out the fit and proper testers?

Me - I'm a Tit and Proper Jester!