The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Why spend 150 when you can spend 60? He isn't thick.

Would he not have got that money back by remaining in the Premier League for next season when the big TV money comes into effect?

As long as he is here to do the things that have been proclaimed in the press release I'm not overly concerned about how we get there and how he got where he is.

Yes I don't want another scenario where we are dragged through the mud and become a Billionaires forgotten play thing, but if he puts things in place to get back to the Prem, make top half and possibly even Europe I'd be happy.  Ultimately I'd even be happy if we just appeared stable and sure footed and created a sustainable future under his tenure - something Randy failed to do in spades

UTV!

Just now, villarocker said:

Would he not have got that money back by remaining in the Premier League for next season when the big TV money comes into effect?

I don't know. How do we even know he was interested at a time needed to keep us up?

At the very least the takeover would have needed to have taken place before January. Hollis wasn't even appointed until mid January and it seems like he has been the one driving the sale.

40 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

Not to dampen the mood... But I'm keen to learn more about Dr. Tony before I get too excited.  That said... things couldn't get much worse.

image.png

As long as its less questionable than how Ambramovich got rich then I don't mind.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

Not to dampen the mood... But I'm keen to learn more about Dr. Tony before I get too excited.  That said... things couldn't get much worse.

image.png

One of the articles about him says he has been heavily involved in the urbanisation of rural areas. Without knowing too much about it, I think it has often been very contentious and will split opinion. As part of it he will have helped many poor people prosper but on the other hand there will have been those removed from their family ancestoryhome by force.

As for The Villa, it's very exciting to see what is going to happen over the next couple of months and beyond. Good times ahead hopefully. We may even win a few more than 3 and keep some clean sheets.

9 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Who wouldn't you be "nervous and cautious" with?

On the (albeit) very little we know, he seems to have a strong infrastructure, is young and driven and comes from a country with a massive, massive market potential to tap into.

Even if his plans were to make money out of the club, in order for him to do that, the club would have to be successful. If making money was that simple, we wouldn't have been relegated and Lerner wouldn't have sold at a loss.

I guess my immediate concern is that we have no idea of his wealth, which may be a little bit of a stupid thing to say but what I really don't want to happen is for another Randy Lerner scenario to occur. Money gets spent, mistakes get made, owner pulls funding and the club goes in to  free-fall. If the owners are extremely wealthy they are going to care less about mistakes that are made, ala Man City. I can't take randy type ownershop again to be honest so I'm very cautious about getting any kind of hopes up about this new ownership. This should be a joyful time for me but Randy's mistakes have made it a bit frightening.

It's like watching your sister come out of a 5 year abusive relationship, and she's finally started to date again. I'm worried that her new boyfriend might abuse her too :( 

Edited by PieFacE

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Option 1 - Purchase last year

£50 2015 tv money + £100 2016 tv money - £150m purchase - £50m 2015 squad - £50m 2016 squad = (-33%) ROI

Option 2 - Purchase this year

£10 2016 tv money + 100m 2017 tv money - 60m purchase - 30m squad = +20% ROI 

Maybe condemning was a strong work, but mooney a few posts up with 'this will end in tears' doesn't sound very supportive. Have a read through the last few pages, a few people are worried already.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Maybe condemning was a strong work, but mooney a few posts up with 'this will end in tears' doesn't sound very supportive. Have a read through the last few pages, a few people are worried already.

Yeah I think it's understandable given what's happened with Randy to be honest. As I said, this should be a really enjoyable time for us all, but I think plenty of us are looking at the scars Randy left us and are not getting too excited just yet. 

seems to be be massively contrasting reports on him, a lot of well respected people saying he's "EXTREMELY wealthy" and a lot of people saying he's a bit dodgy, we'll just have to wait and see but we all have every right to be skeptical. I keep looking at it as imagine if we had never heard of Randy Lerner and we are now being taken over by an american billionaire we would probably be quite excited, it all depends on how much he's going to put in, i was a little bit dampened by the comment from Lerner about making the stadium better to get a secondary income, hopefully it will be JUST that and not relying on to fund the team. i for one AM excited and i think we all deserve to have a bit of hope and excitement for now, at least...