The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Correct me if I'm wrong here but if someone owns a business worth £26 billion then wouldnt they be personally worth the same figure?   If that's the case then Xia would be near the top of some rich list  (which he isn't). This makes me doubt recon is worth anything like that value.  People just getting carried away after one of two celebratory shandies ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but if someone owns a business worth £26 billion then wouldnt they be personally worth the same figure?   If that's the case then Xia would be near the top of some rich list  (which he isn't). This makes me doubt recon is worth anything like that value.  People just getting carried away after one of two celebratory shandies ;)

You can't admit to that wealth being Chinese with China being essentially communist it would not sit well surely?  That's just and opinion not fact by the way!

Just now, Made In Aston said:

In theory yes but if he keeps much if not all the money in the business to use it to expand and grow then it's not his money even if he earned it. His personal worth if from the salary he gives himself for doing his job, the rest of the money goes into Recon Group. For instance to use a tech company like Nvidia the owner runs a business that makes several billion dollars a year but his own personal wealth isn't even $1 billion. So yeah technically he could call the £10/27/70 billion dollars whichever rumour you believe his money but it belongs to the business.

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

In theory yes but if he keeps much if not all the money in the business to use it to expand and grow then it's not his money even if he earned it. His personal worth if from the salary he gives himself for doing his job, the rest of the money goes into Recon Group. For instance to use a tech company like Nvidia the owner runs a business that makes several billion dollars a year but his own personal wealth isn't even $1 billion. So yeah technically he could call the £10/27/70 billion dollars whichever rumour you believe his money but it belongs to the business.

Soon all their money are belong to us...

Glad this got sorted quickly! I never let myself genuinely believe but god this is such a feeling of relief.

We can collectively stop weeping and get out of the foetal position.

We're not saved yet, but the biggest and most important step is complete.

I'm a bit nervous and cautious about all this. There's a lot of work that needs to be done. But Randy has gone so lets just enjoy this for the day.

I hope in the days to come we find out about his plans for the club in his own words. 

• Like 1

What I like is that Xia seems to like working fast which is something Lerner didn't do. I mean the second Hollis signed the deal it's almost as if Xia was like "Lerner, what's your paypal? I'll send you the £60 million right now". Yet instead of this drawn out thing that even the media thought would take until well into the weekend at least, Xia just paid the money owed in one go within an hour of the deal completing, we have a new owner and it seems we may have a new manager tomorrow and given all things correct and proper the Football League will clear him to get to work. 

Well there are some very conflicting stories on Tony's Net worth...however that is just one aspect, he could be the richest man in the world but doesn't spend it on players.....there are so many imponderables.

I am looking for a well rounded manager that has a similar interest in defence and attack has a decent track record in the transfer market and if he gets well supported financially( not silly money).....I can see something happening.

Our future does not rely on how much personal fortune Tony Xia has.....its many factors that need to be right.

The most important to me is the manager.

It won't be his personal wealth, he will be head of the company but it's not his personal spending money. 

However I imagine he can direct the company funds to invest in Aston Villa whilst Recon grow that aspect of their portfolio if he sees it as a good strategy. 

Edited by LondonLax

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm a bit nervous and cautious about all this. There's a lot of work that needs to be done. But Randy has gone so lets just enjoy this for the day.

I hope in the days to come we find out about his plans for the club in his own words. 

Who wouldn't you be "nervous and cautious" with?

On the (albeit) very little we know, he seems to have a strong infrastructure, is young and driven and comes from a country with a massive, massive market potential to tap into.

Even if his plans were to make money out of the club, in order for him to do that, the club would have to be successful. If making money was that simple, we wouldn't have been relegated and Lerner wouldn't have sold at a loss.

• Like 2

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62156&start=103#ixzz493LUuTfe

Hope i can be of some help here, being a chinese living in the UK for many years and happen to know a little about the company and the new owner 

Recon is NOT a very well known company in China, simply because it is not a company that does business in 'key economical elements' of the country such as real estate (like Wanda), energy (like Sinopec) and internet (like Alibaba/Taobao), and it is certainly NOT one of the most wealthiest company in China. Its most well-known product is probably, no kidding, Monosodium glutamate (MSG). But now the company spans across quite a few key areas like chemistry (farming), logistics, new economics etc. 

I believe this may be good news for villa fans, simply because this is the FIRST time that a chinese comany fully owns a foreign club in EU (Wandan only owns a part of Athletical Madrid tho). What happens in China now is, because the president likes football, all companies like to be involved in football to take some political advantages (which is why chinese super league spent tons of money recently). And he might be backed up by government (his company has investment from the government), considering China is trying to export influence to EU on top of their physical products. 

One thing i am sure about - the reason he bought villa is NOT (Only) because he loves this club or he wants get profit from running this club - there is definitely some interest from government. One special thing about the state-owned business in China is - unlimited money. 

However i have to give some warning to the fans here - no matter how wealthy the owner is, the key thing is to get a smart shadow of him who actually cares about the club to run the club. State-owned companies have lowest efficiency in China, but they have un-imaginable power and cash, so nothing is impossible for the government in China if they really want to do something. 

Seems like he's insinuating that there is more to Recon than meets the eye. Perhaps why we heard talk of the deal being game changing? Seems like Recon is a bit more of a shell corporation than a real one that has big Chinese government backing. 

• Like 1

It's natural to be concerned when a new owner controls something that is so dear to you but under Lerner we had a man with zero business sense, no interest and we were fading into oblivion. I dread to think where we would have ended up had he not been able to find a buyer. Even if the guy ran the club slightly competently it would be a huge improvement and his businesses and history suggest that he's intelligent enough to do that. My guess would be that we'll be run well, nothing spectacular but I think that's all we need. I'm just looking forward to a new era that isn't governed by Lerner. Let's see what the future brings. Feeling positive at the moment. 

His youth and Western education are good things IMO...he seems to have a passion for football and will probably have a more nuanced base of knowledge of the sport than Lerner and his flunkies. He might even keep the Villa Park name if he's smart. High hopes, let's enjoy the honeymoon...

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

?

You'd prefer someone who was only looking to keep things as they are ?

In regards to developing VP and the surrounding area as an additional revenue stream, I'd refer to the deal struck between Etihad and Man City for 400mil as a way this could be positive. Something similar to the Etihad campus perhaps funded by one of the arms of the Recon Group? Interestingly enough, Gary Cook, who a few have speculated as being involved due to the name Cook in the shirt pic with the Dr., was part of structuring the deal for Man City. :ph34r:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

• Like 1