The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, KAZZAM said:

Ah so Amavi(6),Traore(4),Gana(5)Veretout(4)Ayew(7)mill + 5-15 mill, not that impressive tbh. 

I guess time will only tell.

We're in the Championship. Just be glad we have an owner giving us £40 million to spend. We were getting jack shit from Lerner this Summer.. At least now we have a chance to fight for promotion rather just get relegated again. I'm sure we also have the parachute payment which for our first season relegated will be about £40 million, so assuming the £30-£40 million is out of his pocket and we can also spend the parachute payment we could be buying players in the Championship with an almost £80 million budget. That's without factoring in money from sales.. We spent last Summer replacing almost an entire squad for what was like £40 million, I'm sure what we are spending this Summer is enough for the Championship.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

We're in the Championship. Just be glad we have an owner giving us £40 million to spend. We were getting jack shit from Lerner this Summer.. At least now we have a chance to fight for promotion rather just get relegated again. I'm sure we also have the parachute payment which for our first season relegated will be about £40 million, so assuming the £30-£40 million is out of his pocket and we can also spend the parachute payment we could be buying players in the Championship with an almost £80 million budget. That's without factoring in money from sales.. We spent last Summer replacing almost an entire squad for what was like £40 million, I'm sure what we are spending this Summer is enough for the Championship.

Given some of the relatively extraordinary transfer fees of last summer's Championship market, we may need the thick end of £40m this transfer window.

Presuming this is an investment rather than English football lover affair, the new owner will want Premier League football pronto. If, if we were to be promoted you'll have to look at perhaps going as far as doubling that come summer 2017 (to remain in the PL). That would be an outlay nearing £200m in 2 years.

Baffling and all as these sums appear, they may be required. The likes of West Ham apparently sploshing £30m around in trying and failing to land Lacazette (if even true).

44 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

The Chinese magnate who has agreed to buy English football club Aston Villa has said the final purchase price for the club would range between 75 million pounds and more than 100 million pounds, depending on how the club performs next season.

Xia also said he was in talks with various soccer teams in Spain and Italy, as well as China and India, for potential acquisitions within three years.

Um, what? Why?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm not condemning him, but I'm massively uncomfortable with this. I see our government closing down the British steel industry in the rush to suck up to a country that seems to be gearing up to control the world economy. Now I see the Chinese have decided to dominate world football. Well, fine, I lost interest in world football many years ago. The money aspect of the game, the Sky hegemony, ticket prices out of reach of the average punter, players' wages that are frankly disgusting, English clubs owned by Arab sheikhs and Russian oligarchs. It stinks. All I had was Aston Villa, Birmingham's proudest. I thought we were better than that. This is the club whose players refused to salute Hitler. We knew that the worst thing that could happen wasn't playing in the third division, it was losing the soul of the club. That process has sadly been accelerating since the birth of the Premier League. All I see on this thread is hysteria about money. Money, and shut your eyes to everything else. Rename Villa Park? Sure, think of the money. This used to be Aston Villa. Now it it seems it's just another PLC. I'm not celebrating this morning, I'm sad, very sad. I'm not saying I'm walking away from it all, I'll follow what happens with interest, and no doubt I'll be pleased if we can start winning games, but it's not MY Aston Villa any more. 

**** that, I wanna win stuff!

• Like 1

I'm not condemning him, but I'm massively uncomfortable with this. I see our government closing down the British steel industry in the rush to suck up to a country that seems to be gearing up to control the world economy. Now I see the Chinese have decided to dominate world football. Well, fine, I lost interest in world football many years ago. The money aspect of the game, the Sky hegemony, ticket prices out of reach of the average punter, players' wages that are frankly disgusting, English clubs owned by Arab sheikhs and Russian oligarchs. It stinks. All I had was Aston Villa, Birmingham's proudest. I thought we were better than that. This is the club whose players refused to salute Hitler. We knew that the worst thing that could happen wasn't playing in the third division, it was losing the soul of the club. That process has sadly been accelerating since the birth of the Premier League. All I see on this thread is hysteria about money. Money, and shut your eyes to everything else. Rename Villa Park? Sure, think of the money. This used to be Aston Villa. Now it it seems it's just another PLC. I'm not celebrating this morning, I'm sad, very sad. I'm not saying I'm walking away from it all, I'll follow what happens with interest, and no doubt I'll be pleased if we can start winning games, but it's not MY Aston Villa any more. 

As stated, your issue is with football in totality then, not Aston Villa. The teams can, unfortunately only follow the trends in order to survive. Fans owned clubs are now essentially unrealistic in most modern leagues. Before huge money from the competitions and sponsors existed, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Bayern Munich etc. were owned by the fans. This is no longer viable to "set-up" as such. For better or worse (perhaps worse is more likely given the hyper inflation) this is the way of things now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

As stated, your issue is with football in totality then, not Aston Villa. The teams can, unfortunately only follow the trends in order to survive. Fans owned clubs are now essentially unrealistic in most modern leagues. Before huge money from the competitions and sponsors existed, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Bayern Munich etc. were owned by the fans. This is no longer viable to "set-up" as such. For better or worse (perhaps worse is more likely given the hyper inflation) this is the way of things now.

Absolutely for worse - no doubt about it.  I care less about football now than I used to.

**** Sky tbh.

• Like 1

Yeah, I accept that that's the way it is. I understand that it's not going to change, and that you can't go back. But I don't have to like it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I thought all German Clubs had to be fan owned and still are? Even if it's only 51%.

50% +1 member. This is a legacy set up though, long before it wasn't financially viable. Bayer Lverkusen and Wolfsburg fly close to the wind on this and Hoffenheim are working towards it. Hoffenheim to be fair rose through the leagues a la AFFC Wimbeldon though. 

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I thought all German Clubs had to be fan owned and still are? Even if it's only 51%.

Correct.

It's the model I would have liked Villa to have taken up.  But it wouldn't have been easy.

I dunno anything about this fella, so it's like giving the keys to your Ferrari (or Cortina :) ) to a complete stranger.  "Please look after her".

So basically you want to go back to 1958 and live there forever.

I'm not all that concerned.. He seems to have a reputation as being irresponsible, Man City have one of those irresponsible types too he spends £100-£200 million every transfer window now I'm down for that. 

Edited by Daweii