The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I have never heard of 2 Senior Club people openly broadcasting views on a sale (Hollis on the website announcement, King both in letter and going out of his way to be interviewed).

It is unprecedented.  It must have a cause. 

One of the very very odd things about it is that normally the BUYER would resent such airings - remember how Lerner 'pulled out' of talks when news that he was interested got out.

One must presume that neither of the 2 guys concerned would be daft enough to put off the buyers........so what gives ?

For me, that is the real mystery.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm interested. What is it that Birmingham has far more of than Manchester?

Well I'm not sure about more, but it does have less Mancs, that immediately makes it more appealing.

• Like 2

Does the supposed £75 million included his shares which he converted from debt? They'd need to buy them up as well to take full control.

Manchester vs Birmingham? I can only compare nights out any Manchester was a lot better. New Street area is way overrated and I don't like the massive brutal buildings everywhere you go...Manchester is more 'open plan'.

I know a lot of cockney's and they're very snobbish towards Birmingham.

I don't think any of this has any bearing on any potential takeover bid mind, it'll be about the football club. You don't get less TV money for playing in a less aesthetically pleasing city. 

8 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Does the supposed £75 million included his shares which he converted from debt? They'd need to buy them up as well to take full control.

The rumoured £75m figure (which I don't have a great deal of faith in) is to buy the club

In so far as I understand it, the debt that was converted into equity just became part of the club, there isn't a separate pile of shares somewhere. He gave that money up, essentially moving the debt from a company he owns, in this case Aston Villa Football Club to another financial entity within the Lerner family portfolio - Lerner still has a £30m debt; Villa don't - the asset, the football club, hasn't changed.

75m for the club?

2-4m to bring in a manager and his team+pay off our existing staff.

At least 30m in transfers + outgoings to make us competitive in the Championship.

3-?m to buy out the contracts of the likes of Gabby...

plus any other changes that must be done, new board, staff.....

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

People

Canals

Michelin starred restaurants

GDP

Parks

Dry days

Pre-Raphaelite art

Motorway connections

Universities

Schools

"Pre-eminent" collections of literature

That all ok, or should I carry on?

All dbeatable I'd imagine. 

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

People

Canals

Michelin starred restaurants

GDP

Parks

Dry days

Pre-Raphaelite art

Motorway connections

Universities

Schools

"Pre-eminent" collections of literature

That all ok, or should I carry on?

Please do.

I want more ammo.

Love from a Manchester based Villa fan who has to endure City fans telling me me much bigger they are as a club and a city.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Chelsea and man city were in far better shape than us when they were taken over.

Southampton and Leicester?

Unfortunately those are the clubs we have to compared ourselves now if we are to find a way to move forward considering both were on their knees not so long ago, I  trust you Dad wasn't in a positive mood when they went down to league one in 2008.

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The rumoured £75m figure (which I don't have a great deal of faith in) is to buy the club

In so far as I understand it, the debt that was converted into equity just became part of the club, there isn't a separate pile of shares somewhere. He gave that money up, essentially moving the debt from a company he owns, in this case Aston Villa Football Club to another financial entity within the Lerner family portfolio - Lerner still has a £30m debt; Villa don't - the asset, the football club, hasn't changed.

Essentially the £75m is what a buyer pays for the company probably debt free and cash free.