The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Manchester has a much greater global image when compared to Birmingham, especially where sport is concerned too.

How's that possible?

Manchester is near Liverpool

Sad that the most fun we've gotten out the club for a while now is speculating about everything that happens OFF the field. 

Just give us a decent owner and a decent manager to manage decent players so we can gain promotion and chip away at that division too. 

I have no idea if this "sale" is legit, I'm inclined to think it's bullshit, just cuz.

But I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. I don't want another "5 Year Plan", I want a new Villa philosophy that champions youth development, winning and integrity, and can last 500 years.

Edited by maqroll

those hoping for a rich owner.... don't forget about FFP.

There is the Championship FFP as well as the Premier League FFP, and while you can manipulate it a couple of million here or there, not be any major investment funds.

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Man Utd were alreday massive, Manchester had just hosted the commonwealth games. Manchester is globally known for boxing, multiple world champions plus the MEN arena is used to host massive fights. Manchester is globally known for it's music and I know it sounds daft but people also know it from Coronation Street!

People can say all they like about how much better Birmingham is compared to Manchester but the fact is Manchester is a much more globally attractive proposition and much more well known.

Bollox

Their Who*** can't ride and its illegal for Manc women to shave (or so it seems)

The food is shit there too

Can't beat Brum for Food and markets

Regarding FFP I kinda feel that a set of rules designed to keep money out of football will never survive.

FFP will be gone or totally remade in a couple of years

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Please do.

I want more ammo.

Love from a Manchester based Villa fan who has to endure City fans telling me me much bigger they are as a club and a city.

I'm based up here for the third time now too so it's important I know my onions...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Regarding FFP I kinda feel that a set of rules designed to keep money out of football will never survive.

FFP will be gone or totally remade in a couple of years

Am I right in thinking that if we spend £500 million on assembling the best squad in the world next season and get promoted, then FFP means f all unless we get relegated again??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Am I right in thinking that if we spend £500 million on assembling the best squad in the world next season and get promoted, then FFP means f all unless we get relegated again??

No idea.

But £500m will only get you Messi and Neymar, we'd still be stuck with Westwood and Sanchez as CM's ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

People 1.1m vs 520k (Birmingham is second only to London)

Canals 35 miles vs however many Manchester has. Debate it if you want. (Birmingham has more than Venice)

Michelin starred restaurants 5 vs 0 (Birmingham has more than any UK city outside London)

GDP $121bn vs $92bn

Parks 571 vs 135 (Birmingham has more than any other city in Europe)

Dry days 123 vs 100

Pre-Raphaelite art (Birmingham has the largest collection of Pre-Raphaelite art in the world)

Motorway connections 4 vs 2

Universities 5 vs 3

Schools 434 vs c.200 (Birmingham is the largest Local Education Authority in the country)

"Preeminent" collections of literature (Birmingham Library has 6 of 8 collections nationally designated preeminent)

So yeah debatable, but a debate that someone armed with these facts would win.

One other thing to throw out there is that with all the canals and motorways there's likely also a hell of a lot of bridges too.  Never know what you'll find living underneath them.  A word of warning for any local billy goats.

1dFbGZm.gif

Someone said to me yesterday that Birmingham was shit because they'd been to the Selfridges and it wasn't as good as London's. Sick of hearing people put Birmingham down. Typical Midlands attitude to not be proud of where we're from.

Just because you had a good night out on a one off trip to Leeds instead of your usual trip to Arcadian every weekend doesn't mean Leeds is amazing and Birmingham is shit. Get to know the city better and stop perpetuating this bullshit myth that it's terrible - it's just like any other, really rough parts, really lovely parts, ugly buildings, pretty buildings, awful chain clubs and interesting pubs, soulless shopping centres, long standing and brand new independent stores, arts, parks, history etc etc etc.

If we could bomb Bordesley it would be the greatest city in the UK.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I'm interested. What is it that Birmingham has far more of than Manchester?

People who don't talk in a nasaly whiney accent which is purely accepted as OK because that's how they speak on corrie? 

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Manchester is globally known for it's music and I know it sounds daft but people also know it from Coronation Street!

Crossroads > Coronation street. 

So sod off, case closed.

:)

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Someone said to me yesterday that Birmingham was shit because they'd been to the Selfridges and it wasn't as good as London's. Sick of hearing people put Birmingham down. Typical Midlands attitude to not be proud of where we're from.

Just because you had a good night out on a one off trip to Leeds instead of your usual trip to Arcadian every weekend doesn't mean Leeds is amazing and Birmingham is shit. Get to know the city better and stop perpetuating this bullshit myth that it's terrible - it's just like any other, really rough parts, really lovely parts, ugly buildings, pretty buildings, awful chain clubs and interesting pubs, soulless shopping centres, long standing and brand new independent stores, arts, parks, history etc etc etc.

If we could bomb Bordesley it would be the greatest city in the UK.

Don't forget Small Heath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Please do.

I want more ammo.

Love from a Manchester based Villa fan who has to endure City fans telling me me much bigger they are as a club and a city.

Birmingham has more titles of second city than Manchester does I think 

And much as I am peed off with you lot debating relative city merits Birmingham spawned infinitely more decent bands than Manchester.

And I used to fight Roger Taylor of Duran Duran on his moms sofa, so I know what I'm talking about................

• Like 1