The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Buying a club outright for £70 odd million is likely a better deal than buying a 20% stake in Athletico which given the size of the club isn't going to come cheap either. It all depends on the asking price of other clubs up for sale as Everton and Swansea both have deals lined up. What does work in our favour though is Wang Jianlin does seem to prefer restoration projects be it making China a better place, restoring a fountain in LA.. Restoring Aston Villa?  

Plus Birmingham has great potential as a new transportation hub etc. no?

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

The laughable delusion of villatalk.

No way in any shape or form a better deal than athletico. 

They're possibly about to do an incredible dble, have some of the world's best players.

While we are a pile of dogshit.

20% of summit good or 100% of summit turd.

Don't forget the money he'd have to put in to make up for our current position.

Yes but villa fans are damaged goods given what has happened so it is just as easily to devalue avfc also.

22 minutes ago, Daweii said:

That's my only concern.. Wanda Group is one neat and tidy package.

Not only is Wang Jianlin worth like $32 billion but he owns much of China in real-estate. He owns the AMC Cinema franchise which alone would likely be a great club sponsor and a way for him to inject money into the club without breaching FFP. Not to mention he donated $197 million to charity, and spent $200 million restoring a fountain he liked in Beverly Hills just like that so money isn't an issue for him..

It's a perfect buyer which means for him to be sniffing around these parts is likely not the case, cause we're Aston Villa.

Pretty sure he contributed $200k to restoring a fountain in Beverley Hills. Unless it was another much bigger one...

It's slightly different this time though. To my knowledge, this is the first time the OS has confirmed sales negotiations are happening, and then a director who stood down this week has implied that it's coming, possibly within the next couple of weeks.

We're not discussing rich people who happen to be in Birmingham this week. This is stuff from people who currently/did within the last week hold office at the club.

Now we just have to hope if there is a sale, it doesn't fall through. I seem to remember reports of Wang buying Southampton some time ago?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah former governors of the bank of England are well known for going on telly and spouting a load of crap to support a bloke they have just highly criticised in a resignation letter for shits and giggles. I apologize you are probably right.  All makes sense now. Mervyn king...what a card eh? 

Uh oh. Somebody got a bit excited.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

It's slightly different this time though. To my knowledge, this is the first time the OS has confirmed sales negotiations are happening, and then a director who stood down this week has implied that it's coming, possibly within the next couple of weeks.

We're not discussing rich people who happen to be in Birmingham this week. This is stuff from people who currently/did within the last week hold office at the club.

Now we just have to hope if there is a sale, it doesn't fall through. I seem to remember reports of Wang buying Southampton some time ago?

until there's a foreign man ITSOASAVP I'm not going to get even the slightest bit carried away.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

until there's a foreign man ITSOASAVP I'm not going to get even the slightest bit carried away.

Oh not these again... Urm.. In The Stands On A Saturday At Villa Park?

43 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The laughable delusion of villatalk.

No way in any shape or form a better deal than athletico. 

They're possibly about to do an incredible dble, have some of the world's best players.

While we are a pile of dogshit.

20% of summit good or 100% of summit turd.

Don't forget the money he'd have to put in to make up for our current position.

We've been a shambles but to describe Villa (not the team, the club) as a 'dogshit' is short-sighted IMO and does a disservice to everything the club have achieved. Don't forget, it wasn't that long ago Man City were wallowing in division 2 and Chelsea were bang average -  they were nothing special, certainly no bigger or better than us.  Then they got bought out and everything changed. We have massive potential, we just need investment and leadership.  75m is pretty cheap if they get us back in the prem with the TV money.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Godders said:

Here's some wild speculation...

What if Hollis was bought in to oversee the sale of the club. To this end, he bought in Bernstein and King to advise him and also to look at what's broken and needs fixing ASAP. Hollis is in negotiations, King & Bernstein approve of the new owner, and finish their review. Everything's looking Rosie so far.

Lerner then starts stalling. Maybe suggesting actually, he'd rather stay. King & Bernstein, knowing Lerner needs to jog on for AVFC to have any future, tells him it's best for all involved if he sells up. Cue discussions between the board and the owner. 

Hollis, Bernstein & King (and Bevington given the media background) agree Bernstein & King will resign, with the letters worded in such a way to heap maximum pressure on Lerner. Bevington leaks the letters, and OK's the OS message confirming Hollis is in extensive negotiations regarding the sale of the club.

King does his Bloomberg interview intimating a sale is close.

If you believe this, then a sale is about to be done unless Lerner walks away again. 

Of course, this is likely all BS, and we're going to be in for another summer of having all hopes dashed!!

Thats pretty much what I think. King is fan and and is putting pressure on Lerner to do the deal.

Potential Fly in ointment....£75m is top dollar for championship club - think leeds were recently valued at £35m - so its still to pricey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Thats pretty much what I think. King is fan and and is putting pressure on Lerner to do the deal.

Potential Fly in ointment....£75m is top dollar for championship club - think leeds were recently valued at £35m - so its still to pricey. 

New Championship club vs Long serving Championship club.

• Like 1