The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, dubliner said:

The papers clearly just pulling up old articles.

There's more chance of Jennifer Ellison taking over

I was gonna say OK, but then I saw she's let herself go so I'm out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Ellision is 71.  Didnt think he was as old  He will want a return quickly so he will have to throw loads a money at it from the start.

Good thing he's got loads to throw at it then. I'd be more concerned about his age if he only had enough money to make things happen over a 10-20 year period. He has the cash to make things happen fast and the ability to bypass FFP through shirt sponsors, stadium sponsors and advertising sponsors using his own company and products. So if we get a guy like Ellison or Wang then they have plenty of ways to fast track all of this.  

1 hour ago, obanken said:

I think Wang and Prince William should take over the club. In the future the stadium would be called Wang King Stadium. Should attract some non-football fans to generate some more income.

We already have a big wang who owns the club. Some would say he's king of the wangs already

Edited by Duck

Not hot on how takeovers are done but could we gleam anything from the fact we have appointed a firm of solicitors rather than another bank to handle the sale? 

Could it mean that potential buyers had already gone through the books via the data room last season and are now back at the table due to our (supposed)purchase price being halved? Would fit the rumours of Chinese interest if so. 

I know it ain't gunna happen but I remember last season when a certain someone was linked with us there was an article that said he had put aside $billion for a sporting play thing and that his bid to buy a baseball or was it basketball team had failed. You never know ;) 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I predict some little known Scandinavian billionaire who has made their money from financial services who Randy approves of. It will be that random.

It will be the Kumars of Mark One fame :lol:

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I predict some little known Scandinavian billionaire who has made their money from financial services who Randy approves of. It will be that random.

Notch?

• Like 1

I think that I will remain in the "Believe it when I see it" camp for now. Very unlikely that this will happen in my, I am not going to get my hopes up on a knight in shining armour coming to our rescue, based on a dodgy newspaper reporting it.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I think that I will remain in the "Believe it when I see it" camp for now. Very unlikely that this will happen in my, I am not going to get my hopes up on a knight in shining armour coming to our rescue, based on a dodgy newspaper reporting it.

One learns from experience. #sittingaroundthesamebonfire

Was always going to be the case. The club has mentioned the takeover talks for the first time, giving away no information. The newspapers were always going to drag up old rumours like Ellison and Wang and rehash them.

I await news of a Howard Hodgson consortium and Red Bull Birmingham headed up by Houllier.

Edited by Sam3773

Bit more on Ellison  All seems to be coming from the sun but im surprised others are jumping on, it especially the Register.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/21/larry_aston_villa/

Larry Ellison is rumoured to be mulling a substantial cash injection into a foundering business which has seen itself unable to compete in recent years with more powerful rivals.

No, not Oracle, but Aston Villa, according to the the word on the street and in The Sun, which says that a Brit consortium linked to the US enterprise software firm that is said to be in talks with Randy Lerner, owner of the football club.

The paper said the group had joined the bidding and is in “advanced talks” with Villa chairman Steve Hollis.

The Villa were relegated from the Premier League last weekend, amid repeated calls from fans for Lerner to sell the club.

Two directors, former Bank of England governor Melvyn King and one-time Arsenal chairman David Bernstein, recently resigned over a disagreement about future strategy.

Villa requires a lot of investment if it is going to compete with the other big names in the Premier League that are bankrolled by rich sheiks or Russian oligarchs - Larry has the necessary ego, and is the seventh richest man on the planet.

Everyone knows Larry loves sport, whether it is investing shedloads into US tennis, funding a yacht for the Americas Cup or writing cheques for NBA team Golden State Warriors – which happens to be moving from Oakland to San Fran and getting a $1bn stadium to boot.

Larry is also a big giver to charidee, and some rather cruel onlookers might say that he’s taken philanthropy to a whole new level with the latest chapter in the book of his life. ®