The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

he can pick and choose his buyer.

So he will be going for whoever he thinks can get us back fastest and keep us up

so whoever comes in will have the resources necessary.

Good times.

We will pick and choose the buyer who will give him as much money as possible.

If he was so hell bent on our PL status he would have done a "Bent" spending as much that was needed to stay in the PL.

Please tell me something that substanciates a belief that RL cares about AVFC or the fans?

He an absolutely useless C*** who wouldn't know the difference between a Turd or another Turd

• Like 3

Can't see it being Wanda - they would just buy the finished article - not a club down on its luck thats needs reviving. 

Paul Smith who was rumoured to be interested last year - maybe his consortuim can raise the £75m now.

I believe he used to care, in the early days there were enough little things he did around the club above just trying to enable a successful team.

These days? Nah, he'll do whatever he can to recoup as much of his money as possible. When was the last time he even showed up to Villa Park for a match? It's hard to believe he'd care about ensuring a successful is the right man for Villa when he doesn't even bothered to come and watch his club play anymore.

If true that Lerner has halved the price is expect us to be sold in the summer, the stadium, training ground, other land etc must be worth the thick end of £50million.

£75million is a bargain for Aston Villa

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

He an absolutely useless C*** who wouldn't know the difference between a Turd or another Turd

I'd struggle myself to be honest :P

TURDPLUSH-2.jpg?1431825084

If we are going for about £75 million there are going to be a lot of very rich people thinking we're worth a punt, I mean to multi-billionaires not even counting Wang £75 million is pocket change.. 

Uh oh not talk of Dalian Wanda again, why do we do it to ourselves? Don't get your hopes up guys, just wait and see what happens then you won't end up disappointed.

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can't see it being Wanda - they would just buy the finished article - not a club down on its luck thats needs reviving. 

Rich folks have made their money the same way as everyone else- buying low and selling high. 

I can guarantee that no one with a significant amount of personal wealth would just buy the finished article unless they saw value in it.

Buying AVFC for £75mill would be right up their street if they thought the club would eventually be worth a lot more with a bit of investment. 

If they reckon we'd be worth, say £300mill in Europe, and they reckon they'd have to spend £150million to get there, we would definately pique their interest at £75mill

• Like 1

Especially given the club name. I know it's devalued here but the value of football in China is on the rise and our name was supposedly 12th most popular in the area a couple of years ago.

£75 mil for full ownership of the 12th most popular club in China doesn't seem bad at all when you've spent £80 mil on a house.

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Especially given the club name. I know it's devalued here but the value of football in China is on the rise and our name was supposedly 12th most popular in the area a couple of years ago.

£75 mil for full ownership of the 12th most popular club in China doesn't seem bad at all when you've spent £80 mil on a house.

Article posted on previous page said our 'global fan base that is reportedly the seventh-biggest among English soccer clubs'. Also the fact we have very high-profile supporters like Tom Hanks, Prince William, David Cameron and Merv King may help.  Got to be worth £75m squid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godders said:

Here's some wild speculation...

What if Hollis was bought in to oversee the sale of the club. To this end, he bought in Bernstein and King to advise him and also to look at what's broken and needs fixing ASAP. Hollis is in negotiations, King & Bernstein approve of the new owner, and finish their review. Everything's looking Rosie so far.

Lerner then starts stalling. Maybe suggesting actually, he'd rather stay. King & Bernstein, knowing Lerner needs to jog on for AVFC to have any future, tells him it's best for all involved if he sells up. Cue discussions between the board and the owner. 

Hollis, Bernstein & King (and Bevington given the media background) agree Bernstein & King will resign, with the letters worded in such a way to heap maximum pressure on Lerner. Bevington leaks the letters, and OK's the OS message confirming Hollis is in extensive negotiations regarding the sale of the club.

King does his Bloomberg interview intimating a sale is close.

If you believe this, then a sale is about to be done unless Lerner walks away again. 

Of course, this is likely all BS, and we're going to be in for another summer of having all hopes dashed!!

Best suggestion I've read so far to explain the madness and would mean the resignations are in fact a positive move.

Fingers crossed this is the case. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Those getting their hopes up of Dalian Wanda are going to be disappointed I fear....

Obviously that's the best possible scenario, but any half decent owner would be a massive step forward.  King's comments give us a bit of hope that whoever it is might be able to get us back on track so clinging to that.  Perchance to dream!!!

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate this thinking.

Leaving out the fact that it's wrong (imo), it's also a very dangerous mentality imo.

Sure we can all keep dreaming of Mr Right, but being a football version of a non talented Shane MacGovan on crack means Kate Beckinsale won't be knocking at the door.

We have Lerner now, who is close to as bad as you can get. Sure it's easy to find owners who have been even worse, but where do you think we'll be in 5 years under Lerner?

It's absolutely not dangerous at all as I have no say what so ever in who the new owner will be.

So with that on mind I'll settle for MR Right now

edit: This should not be confused into thinking I don't have preferences or will be more or less happy with potential new owner, just that I think we are over as an elite club if Lerner is here much longer

Edited by sne

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, like other have said, we still are a "big" name in the world of football, someone may see this as a hell of an opportunity for an investment.

I have to disagree with this statement, we haven't been for some time either.

18 minutes ago, bringbackbigron said:

Be great if Richard Branson bought the club. He rarely gets it wrong and all the players could run about with "Virgin" on their shirts

Gabby wouldn't be fit to wear that shirt

48 minutes ago, bringbackbigron said:

Be great if Richard Branson bought the club. He rarely gets it wrong and all the players could run about with "Virgin" on their shirts

Exept  Flabby of course

Oops just seen I was beaten to I!! 

Edited by sidcow