Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's people who have said anyone but Pearson. And you yourself said you can't get on board with him under any circumstances. 

TRO said some people will be calling him the worst Villa manager ever as soon as he is announced - that's quite different to people saying they don't want him.

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I want next seasons manager in ASAP so he can clear out the crap. Having read up a bit on Pearson he seems quite impressive but does anyone know who and how important his backroom staff are? Also LCFC have had a very good recruitment policy of late what sort of structure does he work under? 

His main two lieutenants are Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh (not the ex Leicester centre half but some old guy who used to be Chelsea chief scout).

I may be wrong but think Shakespeare worked with him at other clubs. He stayed on at Leicester to help Ranieri adapt and well why would you leave a team about to win the title and not want to test yourselves as a first team coach in the CL?

WoodyTom made a good point somewhere else, we need to stop appointing managers who can't bring in the backroom staff they want, this would favour Moyes as Steve Round isn't in football currently and worked with him for a long time at Everton.

It's interesting in general with the Pearson interviews...if we suddenly performed a miracle and stayed up with 7 straight wins I couldn't care less if Black or whoever was in charge was offering journalists to fights.

What I don't like is people actively disrespecting the club they work for....O'Leary was very guilty on this and Houllier aswell after that Liverpool defeat. At least people like McLeish and Lambert were proud to represent us and Sherwood aswell, shame there wasn't much managerial ability though. 

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His main two lieutenants are Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh (not the ex Leicester centre half but some old guy who used to be Chelsea chief scout).

I may be wrong but think Shakespeare worked with him at other clubs. He stayed on at Leicester to help Ranieri adapt and well why would you leave a team about to win the title and not want to test yourselves as a first team coach in the CL?

WoodyTom made a good point somewhere else, we need to stop appointing managers who can't bring in the backroom staff they want, this would favour Moyes as Steve Round isn't in football currently and worked with him for a long time at Everton.

That was my general gist. Is he a one man band or does he need his gang. Garde not having his trusted people definitely hurt him. Hopefully it's something that's taken into account when making a decision. 

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's interesting in general with the Pearson interviews...if we suddenly performed a miracle and stayed up with 7 straight wins I couldn't care less if Black or whoever was in charge was offering journalists to fights.

What I don't like is people actively disrespecting the club they work for....O'Leary was very guilty on this and Houllier aswell after that Liverpool defeat. At least people like McLeish and Lambert were proud to represent us and Sherwood aswell, shame there wasn't much managerial ability though. 

And what about when he tells fans to F off and die?? PR disaster at Leicester, a living nightmare at Villa. If this faux 'footballing board' appoint this clown they'll be discredited straight away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

There's people who have said anyone but Pearson. And you yourself said you can't get on board with him under any circumstances. 

I certainly don't want Pearson, but he'll get a clean slate from me just like any manager. I imagine most Villa Fans will afford him that if it is him *shudder*

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

And what about when he tells fans to F off and die?? PR disaster at Leicester, a living nightmare at Villa. If this faux 'footballing board' appoint this clown they'll be discredited straight away. 

I'm already sceptical of this so-called "footballing board" already with the ridiculous "the manager must be British" requirement. I'm not saying we should definitely appoint somebody foreign but it seems bone-headed and stupid to restrict yourself like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm already sceptical of this so-called "footballing board" already with the ridiculous "the manager must be British" requirement. I'm not saying we should definitely appoint somebody foreign but it seems bone-headed and stupid to restrict yourself like that.

Have the board officially said this or have you made this British thing up?

I'm very worried that most the names linked would likely not find an issue with the parasites infesting the dressing room and instead build a side around them.

Priority has to be removing the toxicity as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

I'm very worried that most the names linked would likely not find an issue with the parasites infesting the dressing room and instead build a side around them.

Not sure how you know this...

Pearson's personality aside, I've heard people giving him credit for putting together most of the side that are on the verge of winning the league. But flip that around, and with a side about to win the league, he spent most of the season at the bottom of the table.

How far have we fallen,  look at the list of names.  FFS.  

..and look at it from the outside,  why would anyone take it on in all seriousness.  With all the derbies next season I doubt we will come straight up either and every home game for us is wembley for all the others + we need to buy a complete new squad.  It's early and I am on the train to work (next to the Ajax Stadium)....bit **** fed up with it all tbh.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

it came from Pat Murphy a MON stooge, another reason I want Pearson so he will put him in his place again

I'm sure Murphy will be put well and truly in his place when he's called some sort of zoo animal.

"Are you an eagle? You've got your **** head in the clouds", before strangling him.

I don't think Pearson has ever so much "put someone in their place", as he has reduced the room to stunned silence while he makes himself look like either a pseudo-intellectual bellend, or a bully and a thug, depending on what kind of mood the mental bastard is in.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

How far have we fallen,  look at the list of names.  FFS.  

..and look at it from the outside,  why would anyone take it on in all seriousness.  With all the derbies next season I doubt we will come straight up either and every home game for us is wembley for all the others + we need to buy a complete new squad.  It's early and I am on the train to work (next to the Ajax Stadium)....bit **** fed up with it all tbh.

The list might be bad, but the top name is not. Moyes is head and shoulders above all the other rumoured candidates.

Moyes' stock might be low right now, and people are often bringing up the failure in his last two jobs, but that doesn't mean he'll fail with us (an extremely similar club to Everton during his time with them, where he excelled).

Mark Hughes was linked with us, and many didn't want him ('failed at Man City, quit from Fulham'), and now look how he's done with Stoke.

Moyes is a manager in a very similar mould to Hughes (though Moyes is actually historically the better manager, in my opinion).

• Like 2

Still want Dyche - maybe if he gets them up he'll feel like it's job done there and he can leave before they relegated again like last time. I remember they were one of the lowest spenders when they came up last time and I can't see their chairman not trying to make the most from the new TV deal. If he gets a £30 mill kitty from flogging last year's new recruits, perhaps he'll fancy the villa challenge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

it came from Pat Murphy a MON stooge, another reason I want Pearson so he will put him in his place again

The BBC coverage of us recently has felt really unprofessional, it's felt like the Sun or some tabloid.

So Pat Murphy's points, rightly or wrongly, are being ignored by myself as bull plop. 

The board may have already looked at the foreign manager market and not seen enough to convince them that in the short term a foreign manager is a good appointment. Mid / Longer term that may change.