Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

We could do/get a lot better than mad mick imo. 

I Had a shout last night from a good lad who reckons Moyes is nailed on. 

Im in balls deep at 3's.

Edited by Kingman

15 minutes ago, Me burns said:

Gents, a filbert in peace and as always I feel your ever worsening torment. I know there is a lot of anti Nigel talk but it seems our clubs are inextricably linked regarding former managers. He knows the championship well, you will need someone of his mould if you get relegated. It will be worth it for the post-match press conferences alone. Tonight just imagine him pinning down your least favourite player on the training ground and throttling them. Joking aside, I think he's probably learnt from mistakes he made with us and would be worth a gamble. All the best gents, remember,  it's always darkest before the dawn. 

No.

On 31 March 2016 at 05:02, Danwichmann said:

Pearson's personality aside, I've heard people giving him credit for putting together most of the side that are on the verge of winning the league. But flip that around, and with a side about to win the league, he spent most of the season at the bottom of the table.

Its called progress.

you start with something crap ......and it gets better as opposed to worse.

9 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

John Carver has just told 5Live that he's applied for it.

That's it. I'm applying for the job if he is.

Just some VTers needed to shorten my odds with a few trips to the turf accountant, I'll be budging up next to Sir Brian Little in no time!

• Like 1

Remember' its not a popularity parade thats up for grabs its a tough old managers job.

The England hierarchy failed .......by not employing Brian Clough......why because they hadn't got the bottle to handle his abrasive style......We need pearsons abrasive style.

We have pussy footed our way along for far too long.....its time for a tough cookie.

Nigel Pearson would coming on the back of creating or being instrumental in the building of an impressive Leicester team.....not taking anything away from Ranieri, who has equally worked wonders.

Nigel has cut his teeth around the various teams Hull, Southampton etc.

forget the shrinking violet stuff and the gentlemanly approach.....tipping your hat at everone.

Get stuck in Nige....lets get the Andy Grays back and the Des Bremners, the Dean Saunders and the Dennis Mortimers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Remember' its not a popularity parade thats up for grabs its a tough old managers job.

The England hierarchy failed .......by not employing Brian Clough......why because they hadn't got the bottle to handle his abrasive style......We need pearsons abrasive style.

We have pussy footed our way along for far too long.....its time for a tough cookie.

Nigel Pearson would coming on the back of creating or being instrumental in the building of an impressive Leicester team.....not taking anything away from Ranieri, who has equally worked wonders.

forget the shrinking violet stuff and the gentlemanly approach.....tipping your hat at everone.

Get stuck in Nige....lets get the Andy Grays back and the Des Bremners, the Dean Saunders and the Dennis Mortimers.

And hopefully he'd shove Gabby's shisha pipe up his 4rse.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

We could do/get a lot better than mad mick imo. 

I Had a shout last night from a good lad who reckons Moyes is nailed on. 

Im in balls deep at 3's.

Steve Round is apparently good mates with Bevington - for some reason he was talking to Bevington about villa's plans last week - could it be Moyes and Round incoming....

“We had a long chat about it and his plans for the club in the long-term look really good. Obviously he has got to get in situ, they have got to take stock, have a look at it, assess, do a diagnostic report on their own club to start with.

“Then they have got David Bernstein there who has got massive experience at corporate level, executive level, governance level. If he can get it right from the top downwards there is a lot of good things at Aston Villa.”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Remi banished the likes of Gabby and Grealish, dropped Guzan and Richards for a time.  I don't really get what people expect Pearson to do differently?  I read that people expect him to go in and throttle them, kick them up the arse, I don't know whether they're being serious in that they think a new manager can go in and physically intimidate players or what?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Steve Round is apparently good mates with Bevington - for some reason he was talking to Bevington about villa's plans last week - could it be Moyes and Round incoming....

“We had a long chat about it and his plans for the club in the long-term look really good. Obviously he has got to get in situ, they have got to take stock, have a look at it, assess, do a diagnostic report on their own club to start with.

“Then they have got David Bernstein there who has got massive experience at corporate level, executive level, governance level. If he can get it right from the top downwards there is a lot of good things at Aston Villa.”

Steve Round worked with England for a bit from what I remember, so the connection would make sense.  Plus he got interviewed by us earlier in the season, so has been on the radar.  I hope this all adds up to Moyes, anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Remi banished the likes of Gabby and Grealish, dropped Guzan and Richards for a time.  I don't really get what people expect Pearson to do differently?  I read that people expect him to go in and throttle them, kick them up the arse, I don't know whether they're being serious in that they think a new manager can go in and physically intimidate players or what?  

Worked for Sir Alex Ferguson.

He found a culture at Man Utd he didn't like. One player at Aberdeen described him as a 'frightening bastard.'

He didn't get rid of that culture sitting people down for a chat or by having the aura of a shoe salesman like Garde. He got it (like Clough) of being completely demanding of nothing but the best.

If they didn't like it, being dropped/sold or the hairdryer treatment was the order of the day. No messing around. He just had something about him that you knew you wouldn't cross him or you were done for.

Of course, our players realise there is no competition for their places so of course it's a team effort - strong manager and a board willing to replace the passengers.

To be fair to Garde - the board made it clear he had to make do with what was there - - music to their ears.

The problem this time around is that we've all but been relegated and in our recent history have appointed some pretty inexperienced managers.

Unfortunately because of that, the press are gonna link us with any and every have a go hero from League 1 and up.