Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I wonder about Moyes, is he hungry anymore. He spent many years building Everton and then got his dream job at United, now thats gone has he got the appetite to do at Villa what he did at everton. I'd take Pearson. He'll get us promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's my opinion aswell av1, get someone in now and or in the next two weeks, the likelyhood is relegation will be confirmed in less than two weeks anyway so will be 4-5 dead games.

I think it's a good debate in itself when do we appoint the next manager, imminently or wait until May/June.

For me there is no time to waste, we know we're down, the other relegation teams don't and won't for another two months so we have more time to rebuild.

I don't think we should rush into it Chris. We have done that before and look where it got us. This season doesn't matter, a lot of these players will leave anyway.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think we should rush into it Chris. We have done that before and look where it got us. This season doesn't matter, a lot of these players will leave anyway.

Not sure there is any rushing - Garde has been on the way out for some time, Little and DB have had candidates in mind and sussed out for the same period. A new manager can come in knowing relegation is certain now, without it being actually official, and get started targetting a whole new squad and letting those who are staying know in no uncertain terms what will be expected of them from here on in.

I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about the Middlesbrough manager. Plays a decent style of football and has attracted big names to the championship. Plus with the whole "I'm leaving/no I'm not" situation he's clearly not settled. Could do a lot worse. 

Whoever we get, I want them on a rolling contract. Stop handing out 3year deals to 4 month managers 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure if anyone has listened to the Pat Murphy interview but he has also said that Little is the one doing due dilligence on all the candidates, and has already done so, and will be the person talking to the candidates initially. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pfsf1

Murphy is still a prick - 1:00 - 1:10 (totally unnecessary dig at fans).    

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd like Dyche.

Its likely Burnley will be promoted this season. There is no way he would leave them at the moment, or indeed in the summer if he wins promotion.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Murphy is still a prick - 1:00 - 1:10 (totally unnecessary dig at fans).    

Yeah - I had to laugh at his dig about last winning a trophy 20 years ago - said with such vitriol - but made me proud to know that us fans haven't stopped believing that we ARE a big club. He had a good point about the players too. 

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about the Middlesbrough manager. Plays a decent style of football and has attracted big names to the championship. Plus with the whole "I'm leaving/no I'm not" situation he's clearly not settled. Could do a lot worse.

agree that he looks a great young prospect, but sadly, as with Dyche, i can't  see him leaving atm whilst Middlesbrough are vying for promotion.

Whoever we get, I want them on a rolling contract. Stop handing out 3year deals to 4 month managers

Whilst i agree with the notion, decent Managers rarely join clubs on rolling contracts. 

All depends on whether the club what a quick appointment or not as I'd suspect Moyes and Pearson to wait until what's available at the end of the season. Think if they want quick appointment I can see it being Gary monk.

I might get slated for this, but here goes..... One thing that doesn't add up for me, is that Brian Little is being used as an advisory person for the board and will have a big say in the next manager of Aston Villa. OK, what experience does he have of appointing football managers? I know we all love BL, but what does he bring to the party considering his last experiences at the club ended pretty badly almost 20 years ago?

Judging by that Pat Murphy interview it sounds like Moyes is unlikely, none of the others mentioned fill me with great confidence. Pearson is probably the next biggest name on the list after Moyes as he has recently shown he knows how to get promoted, but that was with his back room staff who are still all at Leicester. Who knows if he can replicate that without his trusted team. Brian Little should know all about the importance of that, as he was not the same once John Gregory left to manage Wycombe.

In my mind, we must do whatever it takes to lure Moyes or as an outside bet try to temp Allardyce away from Sunderland. I think either of those two would make us solid mid table Premier League team over the next 4-5 years.

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

but that was with his back room staff who are still all at Leicester. Who knows if he can replicate that without his trusted team. Brian Little should know all about the importance of that, as he was not the same once John Gregory left to manage Wycombe.

I think we need to stop appointing managers without their choice of backroom staff immediately in place.

It just doesn't work otherwise. We seem to wait an age awaiting backroom staff and by that point were already facing an uphill battle.

• Like 1

Prepared for a totally underwhelming and uninspiring appointment either way.

The names being banded about wont come, we'll end up with a lack lustre lower league manager who'll keep us mid table in the championship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its likely Burnley will be promoted this season. There is no way he would leave them at the moment, or indeed in the summer if he wins promotion.

I don't agree, but hey-ho. If we offered him the job, a pay-rise and the promise of a decent kitty, he'd come.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't agree, but hey-ho. If we offered him the job, a pay-rise and the promise of a decent kitty, he'd come.

I spot a flaw :P

38 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I might get slated for this, but here goes..... One thing that doesn't add up for me, is that Brian Little is being used as an advisory person for the board and will have a big say in the next manager of Aston Villa. OK, what experience does he have of appointing football managers? I know we all love BL, but what does he bring to the party considering his last experiences at the club ended pretty badly almost 20 years ago?

I thought the same thing really.