Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is going to be a British manager. Just look at the board and advisor. They will definitely go British.

It's probably also in vogue now given Leicester's success playing direct football. I'd be happy to see us revert to the style under MON, and with a wiser spend of money it could work well for us.

47 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

I wouldn't mind Monk, young and could be (hopefully) a long term appointment.

1 win in 11 premier league matches befiore he got sacked this season. That's Remi Garde form, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The list might be bad, but the top name is not. Moyes is head and shoulders above all the other rumoured candidates.

Moyes' stock might be low right now, and people are often bringing up the failure in his last two jobs, but that doesn't mean he'll fail with us (an extremely similar club to Everton during his time with them, where he excelled).

Mark Hughes was linked with us, and many didn't want him ('failed at Man City, quit from Fulham'), and now look how he's done with Stoke.

Moyes is a manager in a very similar mould to Hughes (though Moyes is actually historically the better manager, in my opinion).

I agree with the Moyes thing and in theory you are correct, BUT we seem to have a thing at the Villa since the late 90's where we buy players,  hire mangers / coaches and they perform way,  way below the standard they had previously set.  Moyes should have come through the last few years with new ideas and he must have learnt from his mistakes along the way but i am still nervous becasue of the above.  We have some of the best training facilities in Europe yet we can't pass or even score at the moment.

Dunno,  I am just worried and I hope you can see what I mean,  we have the total opposite of the midas touch,  I don't know what that is but we have got it bad,  like riddled with it,  like bad aids or something.  Maybe a year in the Champ.  will get rid of it as we will win a few games and Villa Park will wake up from its coma.

• Like 1

Hardly surprising that Swansea's 1 win in 11 was against us given that we were easily the worst team in the league by that point.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Players or teams must love our charitable nature to them.

Fixed.

Edited by Mantis

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How many foreign managers have a record in gaining promotion from the Championship?

That is the only issue we need to worry about next season.

Tigana, Jokanovic, Roy Keane and Di Matteo from my head but majority that get promoted are usually British managers

McCarthy and Hughton are hardly foreign though, are they? Not in the same sense as Jokanovic and Karanka at least.

I don't see an issue with having a foreign manager next season. Just someone that will revamp this sorry squad and get rid of the rotten players.

1 minute ago, bose said:

McCarthy and Hughton are hardly foreign though, are they? Not in the same sense as Jokanovic and Karanka at least.

I don't see an issue with having a foreign manager next season. Just someone that will revamp this sorry squad and get rid of the rotten players.

Yeah I can see the sense in having someone who has worked in England before, either as a player or manager. Although that didn't help Garde...

It would not be my top requirement though and as you say. For any manager to be successful here we need to clear out the rotten core, meaning most of the players.

No manager in the world will get us promoted with this lot of players.

7 minutes ago, bose said:

sure if Gestede doesnt count as being French then McCarthy and Hughton count as foreign ;)

Just now, Zatman said:

sure if Gestede doesnt count as being French then McCarthy and Hughton count as foreign ;)

Hmm but Gestede certainly is foreign. Plays for Benin though, although he's raised and brought up in France.