Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I thought the same thing really. 

What he brings is experience in football and he knows all about being a manager at the highest level, I thought that was obvious and a major upgrade from any of the business men and marketing men we have had on our board since Lerner took over.

Edit: quote messed up for some reason, my post was in response to people wondering what Brian Little offers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I thought the same thing really. 

I think Murphy was saying that Little is there to do the initial talks, I think his strength being it is a manager talking to a manager (mentioned something about Little's LMA contacts) - he'd probably be quite good at sounding out the reasons managers like Moyes wouldn't want the job and smoothing the way for DB in a formal interview.

I still don't understand why our next manager has to be British. What about Karanka for example? I don't think he'd come here but surely he'd be a better option than some of the usual plodders like McClaren?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I still don't understand why our next manager has to be British. What about Karanka for example? I don't think he'd come here but surely he'd be a better option than some of the usual plodders like McClaren?

Karanka a man who has lost the dressing room led by the timid Stewart Downing. Just the guy to put RIchards and Gabby in their place

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Karanka a man who has lost the dressing room led by the timid Stewart Downing. Just the guy to put RIchards and Gabby in their place

Is he really timid though? Or are you just saying that because he isn't a shouty British manager who goes on about PASHUN and DESIRE?

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Is he really timid though? Or are you just saying that because he isn't a shouty British manager who goes on about PASHUN and DESIRE?

maybe should read my post properly ;)

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The team are 3rd, 1 point behind second and with a game in hand - having beaten automatic promotion rivals Hull in their last game...

...yeah, sounds like that dressing room is absolutely gone.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

For me in order of preference it's Moyes, Dyche, Warburton, Bruce, Rowett, Pearson, Rodgers, Karanka, an inanimate carbon rod, DCI Garry Monk.

s_35_392__inanimate-carbon-rod.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

For me in order of preference it's Moyes, Dyche, Warburton, Bruce, Rowett, Pearson, Rodgers, Karanka, an inanimate carbon rod, DCI Garry Monk.

for that, you get a like.  And my thanks :crylaugh:

• Like 1

For me, beyond Moyes, I really don't like the other 'experienced' candidates at all. That's why when I consider alternatives, I'm more inclined to names like Monk and Karanka. I don't get the ridicule aimed at the former either, when there are equally questionable/unproven candidates being floated.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

The 'will they come?' question, surely has a lot to do with how much we will be prepared to pay the new manager. 

I think there are top quality coaches out there of all nationalities, problem is the top quality foreign coaches would come here, but only when you offer them huge wage cheque.

Why else has Benitez gone to Newcastle?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Hughton would be my choice should Moyes not be gettable. 

Same. I like him, he seems a decent manager and he's got a team promoted from a very similar situation to ours, plus he'll either have a promotion, or a good effort at promotion, on his CV after this season. 

Obviously if he does get promoted he probably wouldn't come, but like you I think he'd be second choice for me behind Moyes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

The 'will they come?' question, surely has a lot to do with how much we will be prepared to pay the new manager. 

I think there are top quality coaches out there of all nationalities, problem is the top quality foreign coaches would come here, but only when you offer them huge wage cheque.

Why else has Benitez gone to Newcastle?

Newcastle has a lot of potential should they stay up.

I imagine Benitez and the club will have a "parting of the ways" clause in his contract if they are relegated.