Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No it won't be, only a crazy person would blame whoever we get next for the last few games of the season and want them gone. When did our fans turn on a manager and want them gone for a few bad results when it wasn't their fault? My scenario is the only one that comes to mind. So your prediction makes no sense and your displeasure with my post, which is the only example in over a decade of it happening, seems just as strange. 

Your post was deliberate and obvious point scoring. That was my problem with it.

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well speaking about Hughton, if he goes up then yes I agree it would be surprising if he was interested.

But if he finishes 3rd, for example, and doesn't go up via the play offs, I think there's a very good chance we could get him, and there's good reason why we'd want him.
We're a bigger club, we'd probably have a better budget, we probably have a better chance of going up (on paper anyway), he knows the area.

3rd place and not succeeding in the playoffs is still a very good season for Brighton, when you consider other clubs like Burnley, Boro, Derby, Hull etc are up there challenging, and they're all probably "bigger" clubs than brighton. 

As far as I'm aware, not many, if any, were considering Brighton as title contenders this season. Not even play off contenders.

This article from the Guardian, from the knowledgeable Jacob Steinberg, even predicted Brighton as relegation candidates this season.

So I'd say even if Brighton don't go up, they've still overperformed this season. Couple that with Hughton's previous success with Newcastle in that division (a similar situation to our own), relative success with Blues, and decent record in the prem, I think he'd be a fine choice.

Would you then trust him in the PL?? I wouldn't his record isn't that good he seems a decent championship level manager but I want someone who can get us out and the get us up the PL. 

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Would you then trust him in the PL?? I wouldn't his record isn't that good he seems a decent championship level manager but I want someone who can get us out and the get us up the PL. 

I'd trust him as much as I'd trust any of the other names on the list, with the exception of Moyes.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd trust him as much as I'd trust any of the other names on the list, with the exception of Moyes.

Meaning you'd trust Moyes more in PL? I'd agree with that sentiment TBF. The others have all failed to a degree. I'd rather Warburton if we go for a gamble 

With the way Celtic are dropping points this season, I'd expect Rangers to be competing for the title next year so I doubt Warburton is gettable tbph.  Maybe the season afterwards, but as of now I expect he'd fancy a crack at the SPL next season.

13 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Meaning you'd trust Moyes more in PL? I'd agree with that sentiment TBF. The others have all failed to a degree. I'd rather Warburton if we go for a gamble 

Yes I'd trust Moyes more. He's my first choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes I'd trust Moyes more. He's my first choice.

Mine too.

Couple of yours ago the most successful manager in history picked DM as his successor, I think he could do a job a villa!

I see after one bad appointment with a foreign manager they all get tainted with the same brush and none of them could possibly be as good or a success like the good ol Brits with experience. 

First time I had sex was awful but lucky for me I didn't let one bad experience put me off. 

I'm advocationg we go down the foreign route per se especially but to limit ourselves to only British managers with experience limits our selection pool  in size drastically. I just want a progressive (young) coach who can grow with us and Instill within the club a clear ethos on how he wants the game to be played. (Like Poch at Spurs)  Be it Monk, Moyes Karanka or Rebrov etc where he is from does not matter in my eyes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Mine too.

Couple of yours ago the most successful manager in history picked DM as his successor, I think he could do a job a villa!

That same man picked Mcleish for us!!!!!! 

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bit of a difference, giving his mate a reference and picking someone to carry on his own legacy.

Not much both weren't up to the job One because he was crap the other because he wasn't Fergie!! Both were bad recommendations for the jobs they went for. We need anyone but McLeish they needed a big name with a big personality girl a year or 2 to break the Fergie link 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He may not have managed in the division for a while but he's still done it and with a good backroom staff around him (Black and Round?) we'd be fine for the years ahead. 

His name's Gabriel Agbonlahor. I don't think he's ready to hang up his boots just yet, though. Any more than he already has.

It's cool, I'm terrible with names too.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Uppernorthstander said:

BBC muppets really peeing me of with their live text coverage! They are so enjoying it!

They have been taking the piss now for months, and it is annoying the hell out of me as well. I know there is nothing good to report about our club at the moment, but they are supposed to be a reputable news source, not The Bloody Sun newspaper.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mantis said:

Yep, I can see it now. New manager comes in and fails to win another game because the players gave up a long time ago. Cue cries of "worst Villa manager in history".

Well, if its pearson it won't matter......he will get that as soon as its announced in some quarters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not for me.

In fact I think i'd prefer that. Like I said before, I have my reservations about the fan base's reaction to the likely defeats the new man will accumulate if he takes charge now. 

Disagree Stevo- if ever there was a free hit in the premier league, then we are it. Any new manager will be cut the slack that  they should be afforded  given what has gone before in this season. I am all for getting someone in right now.  ( Pearson for me personally) however I can understand that some managers may not want a villa relegation on their CV, so in some respects I see where your coming from

I want next seasons manager in ASAP so he can clear out the crap. Having read up a bit on Pearson he seems quite impressive but does anyone know who and how important his backroom staff are? Also LCFC have had a very good recruitment policy of late what sort of structure does he work under?