Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Do you mean "you" as in me or just the club in general?

I don't want thread 'Hijacked' as it was yesterday - so Ill leave you to work that one out. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yeah that probably was me. But perhaps not for reasons you think. A season ticket is a major wedge of cash for me (I'm not a rich bloke !) - I would need to be enthused by the new manager to shell out that amount of cash. Sorry but RDM is a path weve trodden before , Houller, Garde,. I honestly don't see it being much different - so wouldn't renewing my tickets - thats not a bribe or a threat - I just don't think Id be getting my £500 worth !!!

Naturally I will still follow the results, and hope RDM proves me wrong !!!

It was someone else, who was doing it as more of a statement (well that's how it appeared). Of course money comes into it. If you think you aren't going to enjoy watching the football Villa would play then £500 is a lot to put down if you're not sure, which is fair enough. 

Personally I'd never like to presume someone is going to fail, even if they aren't on my list of favoured candidates. As I said I'll always have hope till it's obvious it's not going to happen.

54 minutes ago, hippo said:

I d go with the recommendation of messrs, Little, Bernstein, King,Hollis  - guys who worked at the club, seen first hand the problems we face and drew up a road map on the way forward. I believe they thought Pearson.

Sadly that review seems to have been totally ignored - and were getting a man in who to his credit has won the CL - but in totally different circumstances to what we find ourselves. 

I'd agree with this.   If Little, Bernstein, King & Hollis all agree on a specific manager, i would be 100% in favour of hiring that manager, whoever it was.

Bascially, i would trust them to have picked the best manager for our situation.

1 hour ago, jim said:

I'd take Warnock for a season to get us back up.

Wouldnt say that, ignorant people laugh at you when you mention that, like when i did yesterday.  They they mention somebody the sheep are flouting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

I wonder if someone they considered suddenly became available, and going back to interview them etc if the announcement/choosing the manager has been pushed back.

LVG? Martinez? Can't think of anyone else who's recently become available...

The list of out of work managers at the minute is very uninspiring 

Edited by Duck

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Wouldnt say that, ignorant people laugh at you when you mention that, like when i did yesterday.  They they mention somebody the sheep are flouting

For a club in our position he would be ideal, proven track record in the championship and would get us up at first time of asking.

In fact he is the standout candidate for me, is there a better manager that is currently available with as good a record as Warnock's in the championship?

Edited by jim

1 minute ago, Duck said:

LVG? Can't think of anyone else who's recently become available...

I might be the only one that loves LVG, purely because the guy is totally bonkers. 

5 minutes ago, Duck said:

LVG? Can't think of anyone else who's recently become available...

I doubt it's LVG and I implied (or tried to) that someone who wasn't interested before or didn't want to negotiate while season was still going on.

Edited by Jarpie

51 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tony on the Search - maybe its not a done deal

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dr-tony-xia-everything-new-11387198?

"We have a searching team working on the manager. Roberto was one of the choices from the start.

"We have another very good choice.

"We will get the right one and we'll announce it then."

Surely the other one has to be Pearson? Or maybe...

Ron Atkinson? :D

EDIT: Not a new quote, probably talking about Moyes.

Edited by PieFacE

51 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tony on the Search - maybe its not a done deal

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dr-tony-xia-everything-new-11387198?

"We have a searching team working on the manager. Roberto was one of the choices from the start.

"We have another very good choice.

"We will get the right one and we'll announce it then."

He said this before Moyes was approached

To your earlier point I wouldnt say no to Pearson but RDM is as good in my opinion, but  a bigger name

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3573290/Alex-McLeish-quits-Zamalek-manager-just-65-days-charge-two-assistants-sacked.html

Alex McLeish has left Egyptian Premier League club Zamalek after just 65 days despite winning six of his 10 games in charge.

The former Rangers and Scotland coach is the fourth manager to leave the club this season. 

Championship and premier league experience.

Good record at his last club.

Assistants are also available. 

Ticks a lot of boxes

The mystery alternative to RDM? Surely it is Martinez, got promotion from League 1, has a strong backroom team ready to go, good at setting up the entire club's footballing ethos (Swansea) and, is available and most definitely looking for a new club. I'd be happy with either FWIW.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Duck said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3573290/Alex-McLeish-quits-Zamalek-manager-just-65-days-charge-two-assistants-sacked.html

Championship and premier league experience.

Good record at his last club.

Assistants are also available. 

Ticks a lot of boxes

Don't even.. Shocking to read he won six in ten though, that said just no.. Not again. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I might be the only one that loves LVG, purely because the guy is totally bonkers. 

He'll show the Villa squad what balls are like.