Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think I found the poll you're talking about, but it actually has 66% in favour of Pearson. Also, the question is actually "Is Pearson the right man for Villa", which is a tad different to asking people who their choice is.

Would people really choose someone they thought wasn't the right man for us?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because you wallow in it....as some kind of point scoring exercise.

I favour Nigel Pearson and I have the criteria to support it.I have no interest in trying to persuade you or anyone else to his favour.

I haven't heard you nail your colours to any mast yet, you may have done and I missed it....you seem to have spent more time rubbishing Pearson.

why you spend time criticising Nigel Pearsons claim and not promoting your own favoured manager, i have no idea.

as for the wording of the poll....that is desperate semantics....you know what they are saying.

I didn't realise discussing things with people on an internet messageboard was "wallowing in it" and "point scoring". What utter rubbish.

Seriously, do you actually read my posts? I've said I don't know how many times that I wanted Moyes. I've also said repeatedly that I wouldn't mind RDM. If me not rating Pearson offends you then that's your problem.

Actually, I have, especially with Moyes who I really wanted. My question to you would be: why do you keep on accusing me of doing things like "point scoring" when it's pretty obvious that you haven't been reading my posts properly?

And no it isn't semantics at all. I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a poll asking people who they wanted as the next Villa manager and Pearson didn't even get a majority, in fact I don't think he even got 40%. Don't forget, we're talking about a poll here with 2 options versus one with 4/5/6.

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Would people really choose someone they thought wasn't the right man for us?

No, but that isn't what I was saying. Just because somebody thinks Pearson is the right man for us when pushed into a yes or no answer doesn't mean he'd be their first choice. If I was asked that about RDM for example I'd say yes but he was never my first choice and still isn't now.

Edited by Mantis

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I didn't realise discussing things with people on an internet messageboard was "wallowing in it" and "point scoring". What utter rubbish.

Seriously, do you actually read my posts? I've said I don't know how many times that I wanted Moyes. I've also said repeatedly that I wouldn't mind RDM. If me not rating Pearson offends you then that's your problem.

Actually, I have, especially with Moyes who I really wanted. My question to you would be: why do you keep on accusing me of doing things like "point scoring" when it's pretty obvious that you haven't been reading my posts properly?

And no it isn't semantics at all. I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a poll asking people who they wanted as the next Villa manager and Pearson didn't even get a majority, in fact I don't think he even got 40%. Don't forget, we're talking about a poll here with 2 options versus one with 4/5/6.

No, but that isn't what I was saying. Just because somebody thinks Pearson is the right man for us when pushed into a yes or no answer doesn't mean he'd be their first choice. If I was asked that about RDM for example I'd say yes but he was never my first choice and still isn't now.

Its questionable whether you read my posts.....properly.....I said I have no interest in persuading you or anyone else to his favour.

just off the top of my head, i would wager that your have rubbished Pearson more times than you have championed Moyes....is my point.

You seem uneasy with folk favouring Pearson.....I think it is becoming comical, because he ain't likely to be our next manager.....so who cares.

but I have to say.....I think we have missed a trick.

Edited by TRO

Well if it is going to be RDM I'm afraid I view the appointment as meh, meh & more meh! . Desperately disappointed that it's not likely to be Nigel Pearson who despite all of his off- field antics and yes I concede there are quite a number of them and yes he's probably not the most pleasant guy on this planet- I honestly believe that he would give us a great chance of going straight back up. I've also stated some time back that people make mistakes, learn and move on- it doesn't seem that many people on here felt he deserved another chance. Oh well such is life, once the ink is dry on RDM's contract I will support him and hope he can turn our fortunes around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think the longer this thread goes on, the more my interest in the managerial search is displaced by my intrigue in the "will they, won't they" sexual tension between @TRO and @Mantis.

Yes .... we won't bore you anymore with it.....but thanks for rubber necking.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its questionable whether you read my posts.....properly.....I said I have no interest in persuading you or anyone else to his favour.

just off the top of my head, i would wager that your have rubbished Pearson more times than you have championed Moyes....is my point.

You seem uneasy with folk favouring Pearson.....I think it is becoming comical, because he ain't likely to be our next manager.....so who cares.

but I have to say.....I think we have missed a trick.

So? It's mainly because Pearson has been talked about a lot during the last couple of months in this thread. What do you expect me to do, come into the thread every day and repeat why I want/wanted Moyes over and over again? At least with the Pearson talk you can talk to different people who are making different points.

Not at all, and I could just as easily turn it back on you and say you seem uneasy with people not wanting Pearson. Deal with the fact that not everybody likes him.

And the ridiculous thing here is that I've actually said, multiple times, that if somebody like Pulis was the alternative I'd welcome Pearson with open arms. Presumably those posts were conveniently ignored.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So? It's mainly because Pearson has been talked about a lot during the last couple of months in this thread. What do you expect me to do, come into the thread every day and repeat why I want/wanted Moyes over and over again? At least with the Pearson talk you can talk to different people who are making different points.

Not at all, and I could just as easily turn it back on you and say you seem uneasy with people not wanting Pearson. Deal with the fact that not everybody likes him.

And the ridiculous thing here is that I've actually said, multiple times, that if somebody like Pulis was the alternative I'd welcome Pearson with open arms. Presumably those posts were conveniently ignored.

I expect you to promote your own man and let everyone else promote theirs.

But Mantis you have walked straight in to the sucker punch....." Not everybody likes him" implying you don't.....hey you're not the only one granted.

Its not about liking the manager.....its about rating their chances of resurrecting our team.....I have no illusions or ambitions of ever liking him, I don't personally know him and never likely to....but I rate him to deal with the condition we are in.

Look we better drop this before we get accussed of labouring our points in to boredom

UTV

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Slight aside, now he's turned us down, but Benitez staying at Newcastle makes Moyes decision not to drop down just that little bit more odd.

So either he thinks he's better than that (and therefore Benitez), he isn't capable of doing the job (unlikely) or, most worryingly, something to do with the impending set up worried him enough to stay unemployed.

I just want the manager in now - I know the takeover has slowed things down but is this the longest period we've not had a permanent manager in place? We're going to be approaching TWO MONTHS soon (he officially left end of March but really he'd left a month before that, it was just agreeing paperwork).

Come on, get it done this week.

as it looks like we may be operating with a DOF )if media reports are to be believed) - there are plenty of excellent managers that would not want to operate under a DOF.

Might be nothing more than that

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

I expect you to promote your own man and let everyone else promote theirs.

But Mantis you have walked straight in to the sucker punch....." Not everybody likes him" implying you don't.....hey you're not the only one granted.

Its not about liking the manager.....its about rating their chances of resurrecting our team.....I have no illusions or ambitions of ever liking him, I don't personally know him and never likely to....but I rate him to deal with the condition we are in.

Look we better drop this before we get accussed of labouring our points in to boredom

UTV

That's precisely what I have been doing. Last time I checked though it wasn't against the rules to voice disapproval of other candidates.

Uh, what "sucker punch" is that? There are many people on here besides myself who don't want him to manage us. As I said, if you have a problem with that then that's your problem alone.

I don't rate him, that's my entire point. I've been through this so many times.

Edited by Mantis

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That's precisely what I have been doing. Last time I checked though it wasn't against the rules to voice disapproval of other candidates.

Uh, what "sucker punch" is that? There are many people on here besides myself who don't want him to manage us. As I said, if you have a problem with that then that's your problem alone.

I don't rate him, that's my entire point. I've been through this so many times.

I'm now in a hypnagogic state:)

Edited by TRO

Have we ever had just a normal management appointment where the jobs become available and bang we just get the man everybody wants.....?

MON? Cant say I was on here bk then? Paul lambert, maybe?

Always seems to be a truly dour affair in which a horribly bleak list of names is drawn up by the bookies and over a period of frustrating weeks, the list gets bleaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Have we ever had just a normal management appointment where the jobs become available and bang we just get the man everybody wants.....?

MON? Cant say I was on here bk then? Paul lambert, maybe?

Always seems to be a truly dour affair in which a horribly bleak list of names is drawn up by the bookies and over a period of frustrating weeks, the list gets bleaker.

Because for many moons now.....we have got less and less attractive year on year.